Business Model

• Business Model

Looks like they revealed more than OBT date:

bless.gamemeca.com/mecareport.php?gid=978773

They spent 70 billion won (something like 60 million dollars) to develop the game...
    • Rough translation of the business Model:

MMORPG – Many people having fun together

Free User(90% oft he users expected to be free users)
      Premium User(10% oft he users expected to be premium users)
      No Cost
      Premium Service Cost (Won5,000 = $4,11 =3,76€)
      Unlimited content use
      (Guess they mean f2p users do not have any restrictions)
      something about 1,800 gems.
      Up to 360 fatigue points are maximum.
      (Fatigue points can be charged 72 times)
      Expanded inventory, etc. are benefits of being a premium user
      Gems can be acquired by Quests.
      • Fast Character resurrection --> 30 Gems (X Gems for free users)
      • Charge Fatigue Points 60 ---> 60 Gems

The premium service is sold in 30/60/90 days cycles.

The image is very bad to extract text from so I'll see what I can do.

[Update]: added some translations

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nito ().

• I tought there was going to be much more in difference of the bonuses, but seems they cut down the gap between F2P users and Premium ones... well... better...

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • 4 bucks? Only 10% of players can afford 4 bucks/month? Did I bang my head Neowiz?

If the perks are that low it would be incredibly wasteful to split servers, and games rarely do regardless of the perks
    • The $4 might be a place-holder, especially if they haven't adjusted for other countries currency. As for the 10% ... I can see that. If it's an F2P game, most people won't bother subbing it. Especially at first; why pay when you can get it for free?

When they see the finished product, and have had time to decide if they like the game enough - or like the rewards enough - they might go for the sub.

Again, I say most, in a very general manner. Alas, I do not yet have the ability to speak for everyone.
    • Ya I was assuming their model would stick - dumb of me

1/10 is low any way you sketch it for the poorly assumed price of $4 :- p Launch brings the most interested+hardcore players
      Gimme dem bags
    • Expect a cash shop with lots of yummy goodies, they won't need that many premium subscribers.
      They can make a lot of money just selling pets, costumes and mounts amongst other things as special potions, scrolls, charms, etc.

And I guess it's a bit too soon to reveal all premium perks and the complete business model before obt. They should tease their potential buyers with founder packs or similar. Two weeks before obt is just the correct timing to sell a ton of those because of the hype.
    • Txt wrote:

4 bucks? Only 10% of players can afford 4 bucks/month? Did I bang my head Neowiz?

If the perks are that low it would be incredibly wasteful to split servers, and games rarely do regardless of the perks

I thought the same, even subcribing to a twitch channel cost more than that! lol Plus I'm on EU so 3.76€ seems small change for me XD

But this could be completely different for west. They could even bring us a Buy to Play model (which I like most). It would lower the number of products we can purchase with gems, and give us some "default premium" perks.
    • Txt wrote:

4 bucks? Only 10% of players can afford 4 bucks/month? Did I bang my head Neowiz?

I think that 5000 Korean won are equal to our standard $13/13€ subscription fee.

Also they expect 10% of the players will go for the premium service. That also means they will have to make sure they get their money from the cash shop which worries me a bit.

The main part - in my view - is the fatigue charging similar to ArcheAge's Labour Potions but Fatigue points being account bound (I think and hope)
    • Updated the translation:

Gems can be acquired via Quests - though it doesn't say how much.

Fatigue maximum is 360 points. You can charge the fatigue points up to 72 times (not sure if I got that right but seems so).

The gamemeca article also states that Neowiz doesn't want to create a gap between paying users and non-paying users.
    • Oh 360 IS the increase, my mistake, thanks for clarification
      I'll probably bank gems until level capped, then farm pets, etc like mad to get perfect traits...
      I can see wanting/needing a dungeon + siege same day taking a huge toll on your play style for the day
    • tamberleigh wrote:

I'm just glad that there's an option for F2P. Will they both share a server? Or do we not yet know?

Yes. They've been pushing the entire idea of "everyone plays together". They won't have F2P servers and subscription servers.

Txt wrote:

Oh 360 IS the increase, my mistake, thanks for clarificationI'll probably bank gems until level capped, then farm pets, etc like mad to get perfect traits...I can see wanting/needing a dungeon + siege same day taking a huge toll on your play style for the day

The devs mentioned changing Fatigue costs for dungeons. Will have to see what it really is at launch. Their cash shop was basically taming scrolls and Fatigue recharge. If you can recharge 60+ times/day, Fatigue has to be used or no one's going to need to pay for a recharge.
    • How hard-to-get/expensive are taming scrolls? I intend to collect a huge amount of pets ... and is there an archive to store them in, or is that still in the works?

And thank you to all of you being patient enough to answer all these silly questions!
    • tamberleigh wrote:

How hard-to-get/expensive are taming scrolls? I intend to collect a huge amount of pets ... and is there an archive to store them in, or is that still in the works?

And thank you to all of you being patient enough to answer all these silly questions!

There are a few scrolls available. You can buy them from merchants, get them from the cash shop and as rewards for PvP (exchange PvP currency for scrolls).

About the storage - mounts are like items. Pets are stored elsewhere - I think, not sure if I'm remembering that right
    • tamberleigh wrote:

I wouldn't mind something like a week/month/three month plan. This way if you only play on weekends or plan for a vacation you can pop down 4 bucks no problem. Or if you're more hardcore going for a bigger chunk.

That is the premium plans Tamberleigh 7 day, 30 day, and 90 day.
    Peria Chronicles