Korean Final Closed Beta Test (Info Inside)

New

Mage vs Assassin enhanced description
      bless.pmang.com/?mKey=2&sKey=3…ead/101/N/41592415/54/101

hi guys :P ^^

But I just do not get it exactly.
      Should choose fire, ice, air to
      for example, you can choose fire ( 1 elemental)
      or one-time mage can use all three elementary?

New

Tauriel wrote:

Mage vs Assassin enhanced description
      bless.pmang.com/?mKey=2&sKey=3…ead/101/N/41592415/54/101

hi guys :P ^^

But I just do not get it exactly.
      Should choose fire, ice, air to
      for example, you can choose fire ( 1 elemental)
      or one-time mage can use all three elementary?

Probably you have to choose the element as a core technology. I guess the Mage is like the Mage in GW2 where as your skills change with the element you choose. Whoever here you can create your own skill builds. I find that kinda interesting.

Edit: Hey Sym, can you share the techs? Want to translate them ^^

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Nito” ().

New

Hi guys,

Nito, the post I told you guys about is the one that Tauriel posted. According to google translator, assassins will have three different technologies, bandit, outlaw and thief. I'm still trying to figure out about the mage, but I guess that's like you said, everything's gonna be around the elements... sounds nice. ;)

New

In short:

Assassin

Core Techs: Thief, Outlaw and Assassin and depending on that it will change the concept of your character completely.
      Class Ressource: Blood Lust (Intention to Kill) - you can recover Blood Lust by some skills. However it also recovers slowly over time.

Assassin skills consume Blood Lust and some skills generate "Signs of Death". Collect 5 of these signs and it will be consumed, damaging the enemy. (Doesn't say whether it does it automatically or by skill)

You can also apply "poision" to your skills weakening your enemies (slow, dot, bleed, phys. def. reduced).

In addition "stealth" is available to hide, wait and launch surprise attacks on your enemies. If you use "Assassin" core tech. better and more advanced stealth skills are available.

Thiefs specialize in weakening the enemies, inflicting lasting damage via poison and bleed and overlapping them. [Not sure if it is correct:] If a powerful enemy sustained enough damage you can easily kill it with "vital point stab" - Finishing skill like Enemy below 10% -> instant kill? Not sure.

Outlaws are useful in general PvE situations. After critical hits the enemies sustain more damage instantly which helps you killing more and more targets.

The "Signs of Death" are accumulated by using skills and by the "impalement" skill. You can raise your critical hit chance even higher by using the "Supprise" skill (probably a stealth skill).
      Generally if you continue to focus on single targets you will inflict very high damage with critical damage.

The stleath skills are mainly used by the assassin core skill which boosts the ambush abilities of all stealth skills such as adding stuns, bleeds, etc.

After hiding start by ambushing and stunning the enemy. While being behind the enemy the cooldown of "Shadow Slash" is reduced. The Assassin is mainly used in PvP situations but is also viable for other situations (my guess is Single Target Control)

Assassin are suited for 1 vs 1 situations and act as a very high damage dealer here.

Mage overview

Core Techs: Fire (pure Damage Dealing), Air (Support/Self-Support/CC/Low Damage) and Frost Magic (Heavy CC, Mid Damage)
      Class Resource: Mana (like Paladin). Mana can be recover by special skills and also recovers over time.

Fire Magic: Offensive and Defensive Skills will be changed to suit the Flame Element. Mainly useful for PvE, dealing damage from a distance as main damage dealer.

After casting and charging up some spells may unleash powerful ongoing attacks. The higher you charge a spell the better your critical rate is (like the other classes) and fire "curse" is added to do lasting damage. You can also deal a good amount of damage in a short period of time.

Frost Magic: Offensive and Defensive Skills will be changed to suit the Frost Element. Mainly used in PvP situations in order to deal with multiple opponents. Also suited to take multiple enemies out of the battlefield by immobilize them, slow them or debuff them. Also has some AoE skills which have fewer range than fire attacks, thus making it more dangerous but they also have a good impact on the battlefield.

Air Magic acts as a supportive magic type as it enhances your combat flow (movement speed, casting speed for a certain amount of time) as well as helping you respond to complex combat situations (my guess here is that an Air Element Mage is pretty fast in moving around having some low damage attacks plus some small cc's and squishy when it comes to defending)

Devs about the classes used in the 3.CBT

Bless will feature the Assassin as well as the Mage in the final test alongside the Guardian, which has excellent defensive abilities, the Berserker with powerful lethal and spreading damage, the Ranger with traping, sniping, poisoning and hunting down the enemies and the Paladin to protect and support his allies and himself.

With a total of six classes waiting for you - What will you do?

Experience the Mage and the Assassin in the final test from 17th to 25th September 2015.

Post was edited 3 times, last by “Nito” ().

New

New video [character creator preview]

If I understood it correctly, it says in the description that this char creator is still in the development. It will be more advanced when OBT starts.

Post was edited 2 times, last by “KiiD” ().

New

I love the slider idea ... but how does that work? Will it allow you to have a save point you can go back to, or just a fancy undo button?

I must have the answer!

I'm going to spend hours on the creator, I just know it. ESO's creator cost me at least half an hour each time, and for a far less dramatic character. I like the glimpses I've seen so far.

New

tamberleigh wrote:

If assassin and mage have three variations, will other classes do the same? Neat, if so. I like when classes grow and have variety .. makes putting together parties more fun, and certainly makes PVP entertaining.

Every class has a total of three core technologies. So yes, each class has three different specs. The paladin is the one who changes most from DD (Judge) to Healer(Priest) to Tank/Support (paladin)