Bless Online - Paymodel

I just don't think they'll do anything but F2P, especially considering how much money they can get off the F2P model. :/ For myself, I'd prefer B2P over a sub. I just hope they don't do B2P *plus* sub. That's too much, for me. Especially on a game that - while I have hopes for - I haven't even played yet!

tamberleigh wrote:

I just don't think they'll do anything but F2P, especially considering how much money they can get off the F2P model. :/ For myself, I'd prefer B2P over a sub. I just hope they don't do B2P *plus* sub. That's too much, for me. Especially on a game that - while I have hopes for - I haven't even played yet!

I'm hoping for the B2P, after all. I was on the F2P waggon until I realized all the messed up stuff that people do on F2P games, the worst being P2W.
      B2P plus sub is rare and very stupid. ESO was dumb for doing that. They just wanted your money, essentially, cause the game does suck as an MMO.

Not to antagonize anyone but I havn't seen any viable answer as to why P2P is a bad business model, and saying some P2P game that you think is bad is not an answer. I understand why people don't want to have P2P but the way you guys go about it is like it's the worst payment model around, so please, tell me what the downside to P2P is except that it costs money on a monthly basis.

The reason I like P2P has been said many times over in this thread, it's a stabilized way of making money for the game so the developers know how much content they can put out in a timely manner. It supports the gaming company that made it. It's usually cheaper, player by player basis, to play then games with cash shops. You guys say it's an obsolete payment model but many games have been able to pull it of very well, the most recent being, with over 2 million subscribers, Final Fantasy 14. You also have World of Warcraft still going strong and other games with smaller amount of subscribers but still able to push out content like Final Fantasy 11 and Darkfall to name a couple. With F2P when they do come out with content, from my experience, most of it goes towards the cash shop. So again, I ask you, what is so bad about P2P?

Yahdo wrote:

Not to antagonize anyone but I havn't seen any viable answer as to why P2P is a bad business model, and saying some P2P game that you think is bad is not an answer. I understand why people don't want to have P2P but the way you guys go about it is like it's the worst payment model around, so please, tell me what the downside to P2P is except that it costs money on a monthly basis.

The reason I like P2P has been said many times over in this thread, it's a stabilized way of making money for the game so the developers know how much content they can put out in a timely manner. It supports the gaming company that made it. It's usually cheaper, player by player basis, to play then games with cash shops. You guys say it's an obsolete payment model but many games have been able to pull it of very well, the most recent being, with over 2 million subscribers, Final Fantasy 14. You also have World of Warcraft still going strong and other games with smaller amount of subscribers but still able to push out content like Final Fantasy 11 and Darkfall to name a couple. With F2P when they do come out with content, from my experience, most of it goes towards the cash shop. So again, I ask you, what is so bad about P2P?

People simply don't have the money to pay a monthly subscription.

If they want us to pay, B2P would be the best way to go. This game has so many people hyped for it as of now anyways, so by time it drops in NA, it'll make a lot of money if it's B2P.

Emarcii wrote:

If they want us to pay, B2P would be the best way to go. This game has so many people hyped for it as of now anyways, so by time it drops in NA, it'll make a lot of money if it's B2P.

B2P is a viable option and, yes, some people can't afford to play P2P games but enough people do to still make it a very viable and very profitable model with lowering the risk of cash shop abuse. My issue with B2P is that it will make a decent amount of money in the months after it gets release but I am talking maybe 3 months. After 3 months goes by I am quite sure it still hasn't made enough money to finance timely updates and patches as well as to put out an expansion no bigger than a patch a P2P game can put out. Therefore it still has to make money somehow, thus cash shops come into play. B2P games with cash shops for the most part don't abuse it and make it P2W but they have to keep updating the cash shop with newer and newer stuff that actual game content taht comes out tends to be subpar.

Yahdo wrote:

Emarcii wrote:

B2P is a viable option and, yes, some people can't afford to play P2P games but enough people do to still make it a very viable and very profitable model with lowering the risk of cash shop abuse. My issue with B2P is that it will make a decent amount of money in the months after it gets release but I am talking maybe 3 months. After 3 months goes by I am quite sure it still hasn't made enough money to finance timely updates and patches as well as to put out an expansion no bigger than a patch a P2P game can put out. Therefore it still has to make money somehow, thus cash shops come into play. B2P games with cash shops for the most part don't abuse it and make it P2W but they have to keep updating the cash shop with newer and newer stuff that actual game content taht comes out tends to be subpar.

Which is why most B2P become F2P after six months or so. I won't mind that happening. I just don't want it being F2P and people are already OP in hours cause they P2W.

I don't care for the idea of a P2P server if only because it starts cutting the community in half. As for P2P itself, I'm not against it ... I just don't know how viable it is in the future for MMOs. They're coming and going faster, now, then they did when WoW first came out and so many are F2P. It's great for the casual player to be able to get in, try it on, and get ouf and on to the next game. It's also great for the game since it tends to be more lucrative.

If Bless came out in P2P I'd be tempted - so long as there was a free trial. I don't want to spend money on a game I haven't even played. But the ESO model of P2P ... along with it's other issues turned me off on that model of business for me, personally.

tamberleigh wrote:

I don't care for the idea of a P2P server if only because it starts cutting the community in half. As for P2P itself, I'm not against it ... I just don't know how viable it is in the future for MMOs. They're coming and going faster, now, then they did when WoW first came out and so many are F2P. It's great for the casual player to be able to get in, try it on, and get ouf and on to the next game. It's also great for the game since it tends to be more lucrative.

If Bless came out in P2P I'd be tempted - so long as there was a free trial. I don't want to spend money on a game I haven't even played. But the ESO model of P2P ... along with it's other issues turned me off on that model of business for me, personally.

Still going B2P for this. That's my hopes. Or F2P.

I wish! B2P is amazing. I'd rather spend 40€ than throw my money every few weeks to buy some useless stuff in item shop.
      @Yahdo what are you talking about, there is a reason why companies don't go P2P. If they did it to Bless how many people would play it? 20 000? They would probably be happy with that number.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Dokanix” ().

Not only this, even people which can afford to pay for it, would switch much easier to a game, which is B2P or F2P.
      And with B2P - only if there is a trial period. I don't think I will go for a game I have never tried. Only disapointments with last 4-5 MMOs I tried... and good that I could try them.
      Given how quickly tera online dropped P2P I don't see Bless using that kind of model.

B2P is a fair deal for the consumer, but there isn't much evidence that its more profitable for the publisher compared to F2P. If we are to believe superdata, swtor had higher revenue than GW2 in 2013 (gw2 number taken from ncsoft's quarterly reports), and GW2 barely edged lotro.

This leave two models, either a regular f2p cash shop model, or a fremium model with optional subscriptions and a cash shop.
      Just remember. Its not a lie...if you believe it.
      Best way to go should be Buy-To-Play also Pay-To-Play isn't such a bad option as well but definitively not Free-To-Play because this would only mean that this game would become another Pay-To-Win, and that would ruin the game IMHO.
      There is no balance in F2P games, those who can afford to spend their money or their parents/relatives money in games to buy OP items or gold from gold-sellers...are simply destroying the "equality" factor offered by the game of everyone making gold and getting gear through sheer effort, time and dedication putted into the game.
      Now it's obvious that this isn't the players fault but of the publisher, they only bought those things because of the existence of the cash shop and they have the right to do it and use or consume in-game items or w/e they bought.
      But if possible, it would be nice if there wasn't a cash shop at all... and if they decide to made one maybe for costumes and things which wouldn't affect or be irrelevant to the PVE PVP factor in-game, that would be pretty acceptable IMO
      Even if they did decide to do a Pay to win model, players that play the game from the opening day would still have ample time before they upload the cash-shop with the OP Items, usually how F2P Games work.

Though in the end, the players that pay for the OPs will clearly be dominant. If they do decide to do a cash-shop approach. I can only imagine double XP items and cosmetic stuff to be in there on the opening day.