Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Bless Online - Paymodel

• Bless Online - Paymodel

So everyone has been saying that Bless Online will be free to play, I couldn't find any articles confirming that.

And in all honesty, I'm against a free to play model. I would rather have it like the GW2 model. Buy and Play.

To me, free to play has a very high risk of becoming abused, depending on the company that hosts the game. To get a better feeling, I'll use the example of "Perfect World". Where literally, if you want to even see end-game content, you're forced to cash-shop, and I mean hardcore cash-shop. In short, it's a well known fact that people pay more in free to play games with a cash shop then in games with a subscription model <.< Hopefully Bless doesn't take that road.

And I realllly really hope they don't even consider a Subscription model, as that model is sort of "Obsolete" in today's gaming world or it should be...which is why I'm sort of shocked that ESO is using that approach.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Squishy ().

• If it's buy to play, start saving now. Save maybe $5 a month. It's not like it comes out tomorrow, you'll have enough to buy the game when it's finally out.

Though I've also heard it was going to be free to play. Depending on their approach to cash shop free to play is fine. If they can do it the way Path of Exile does it (only cosmetic items in the CS) on even Rift (the CS contains important gameplay elements, but you can buy cash shop currency with ingame money), the game can be very successful.
    • I played quite a few f2p like rift and tera, both got alot of things to buy but aren't required but I'm also used to WoW. Simply said, I prefer the buy and play option, a one time purchase and nothing else to worry about, simply that also buy and play seems better in a way. (p2p is either good but consumes you like WoW or is just terrible like ESO)
      Life's bout having and sharing fun with others
    • HuNteR wrote:

Emarcii,you could rob a bank,just and ideea. :D

Yeesssssuh. Let's do this. xD

ColdFrost wrote:

I played quite a few f2p like rift and tera, both got alot of things to buy but aren't required but I'm also used to WoW. Simply said, I prefer the buy and play option, a one time purchase and nothing else to worry about, simply that also buy and play seems better in a way. (p2p is either good but consumes you like WoW or is just terrible like ESO)​

I guess. 15 Dollars isn't bad (Watch the game be like 40...). Q ~Q

• I've played Aeria games - the very worst of the F2P developers. It can go bad pretty quickly, especially if the game has rare items needed for gameplay or crafting which you can only gain with either rl cash or through people re-selling in game. Aeria loves money.

I imagine we'll be seeing F2P rather than a sub; I've heard (though it might just be a baseless rumor) that ESO will probably be dropping it's sub around 2016-2017 ... if it lasts that long.

I wouldn't mind a B2P, though.
    • Emarcii wrote:

HuNteR wrote:

Emarcii,you could rob a bank,just and ideea. :D

Yeesssssuh. Let's do this. xD

You are with the plan,I am with the extraction team. Good enough!

tamberleigh wrote:

I've played Aeria games - the very worst of the F2P developers. It can go bad pretty quickly, especially if the game has rare items needed for gameplay or crafting which you can only gain with either rl cash or through people re-selling in game. Aeria loves money.

I imagine we'll be seeing F2P rather than a sub; I've heard (though it might just be a baseless rumor) that ESO will probably be dropping it's sub around 2016-2017 ... if it lasts that long.

I wouldn't mind a B2P, though.

I hope they wont be so money hungry with this game,it would be a shame to see a game like this going down in a few months because of some greedy dev's. :(

You must not fight too often with one enemy,or you will teach him all your art of war.
    • Dokanix wrote:

F2P: Hight popularity, cash shop
      B2P: Low popularity, lack of cash shop/cosmetic cash shop.

I don't know which is better.

If a game is B2P, there can be a cash shop. You probably won't be able to go super OP (P2P), however. It'll probably be cosmetics and the likes. Maybe some slightly OP weapons and armor.

• Free to play - Abused through cash shop, rare to see otherwise but not unheard of.

Buy to play - Better approach from free to play but due to lack of a stable income, cash shops are not a stable cash flow, content is really rather slow to come out.

Pay to Play - Expensive and either have to have parents money or a job yourself to play but doesn't tend to get abused and content tends to come out steadily.

I myself prefer pay due to the fact that if it is a good game then it should be supported appropriately through a monthly charge so the game can get better and the developers who made the game don't get let go due to not making enough money from the game. If the game isn't good enough and it goes pay to play well the game will fail horribly and be forced to go to either free to play or buy to play.
    • I just find it unlikely that any company is going to avoid the F2P model when they can get so much money from it. :/ On the one hand, you have a game anyone can join - which means a good player base and a variety of people ranging from trolls to brilliant people like us to newbies who are just trying the game out. It also means regular new content or things like reward tables (clay, crystal, whatever) - with costumes, mounts, charms, pots and all that ...

On the other you have a tendency towards P2W which makes a large demarcation between hardcore players and casual players. An emphasis on fortifications or potions or what-have-you.

I'm all for F2P. It lets anyone and everyone in through the doors, and if it's a good game it'll have an active playerbase. P2P seems a bit of a risk. So many good games are coming out in the near future and they're going to be competing for a very similar audience, and more people are willing to give a free game a try rather than fork over $90 for a one month free trial.
    • tamberleigh wrote:

I just find it unlikely that any company is going to avoid the F2P model when they can get so much money from it. :/ On the one hand, you have a game anyone can join - which means a good player base and a variety of people ranging from trolls to brilliant people like us to newbies who are just trying the game out. It also means regular new content or things like reward tables (clay, crystal, whatever) - with costumes, mounts, charms, pots and all that ...

On the other you have a tendency towards P2W which makes a large demarcation between hardcore players and casual players. An emphasis on fortifications or potions or what-have-you.

I'm all for F2P. It lets anyone and everyone in through the doors, and if it's a good game it'll have an active playerbase. P2P seems a bit of a risk. So many good games are coming out in the near future and they're going to be competing for a very similar audience, and more people are willing to give a free game a try rather than fork over $90 for a one month free trial.

+1, very well summarized.

The only risk I see with F2P, is to turn to P2W, but I hope the publisher is not that stupid.
    • Pay 2 Play is dead, you need a huge fanbase (at least 500 000 monthly subscribers) to get profit.
      Guild Wars 2 is B2P for a reason - they had huge community after original GW so they didn't have anything to worry about... Bless is a new mark and it has to take the free to play model. If they don't go freemium I'll take my words back but I'll be indeed surprised.
    • You don't need a huge fanbase for pay to play, you need loyal subscribers. Back when WoW first launched the devs were expecting to have maximum 300k subscribers, most likely 100k. They never expected WoW to become this popular and grow this much, but it's a different story.

The point of pay to play isn't that it generates huge profits, but that it generates a steady income. With a previsible amount of money each month you can plan long-term how you want to develop your game, and can push out regular updates.

Free to play is on the other side of the spectrum. It can potentially generate a huge income, but it won't be previsible. Someone who spent $100 this month on your game probably won't spend anything during the next two months. As such managing your budget is way riskier when your game is a F2P model. You never know how much money you're going to have for development and content updates.

There's also a third side to the coin, and it's that the big and successful pay to play MMOs are self-published. Free to play MMOs tend to have investors and third party companies that publish them independently from the game's developers, which means additional costs and less money going back into the game.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.