Bless Online - Paymodel

Dokanix wrote:

Game design and Marketing are the two biggest factors for a successful MMORPG. Who you have working on it (specific company) is only a minor factor.

You got to be kiding me... "Who you have working on it" is part of marketing, most players bought Wildstar because of Blizzard.

Yea, that is dead wrong. Most people that bought it was due to the mechanics of the game and how well the company responded to their fans. As in every Wednesday the developers would have live chats on the forums about what the fans wanted, what the fans hated, and what the fans loved. Pyro is right, who makes it does matter, but only on a very minor factor. I don't know if you just think actual gamers are that shallow, and many are, but being a gamer for almost 15 years now and after playing well in the hundreds of games I can safely say that a majority of the players I talk to find gameplay and content to be the most important thing.

Also, Pyro is right about another thing. The reason this game isn't has well known as everyone here would like, in the west, is because there is no western publisher. Even if there is only 80,000 people interested in Bless, that 80,000 found it with no help from western publishers. So think about how many more will come when and if they do get a western publisher.
      that 80,000 found it with no help from western publishers. So think about how many more will come when and if they do get a western publisher.

Sure... Gaming fansites write about this game and that's how I found it.

Most people that bought it was due to the mechanics of the game and how well the company responded to their fans. As in every Wednesday the developers would have live chats on the forums about what the fans wanted, what the fans hated, and what the fans loved.

That's what 90% of MMOs have to offer.
      B2P, will work, buying the game and then being F2P, does not put off a lot of people its the monthly sub that does.

To many games of late have bombed, people have being burnt way to often to go the sub route, but most will still buy to play if it looks good.

I would prefer the B2P option, if not we gonna be swamped by cheats, botters, gold sellers etc, if you have to buy the game it limits it, yes limits not prevents it.

I would guess that 70% of MMO players if not more would not mind paying for the game (as long as its reasonable (around 25 to 34 pound mark), and it would serve the game better than if when it starts in 2 days all you see is a 100 bots running around, getting banned then back on in 5 minutes, with a B2P it will have a effect on them.
      The Immortals - We lived a thousand lives. United we stand!

Squishy wrote:

So everyone has been saying that Bless Online will be free to play, I couldn't find any articles confirming that.

And in all honesty, I'm against a free to play model. I would rather have it like the GW2 model. Buy and Play.

To me, free to play has a very high risk of becoming abused, depending on the company that hosts the game. To get a better feeling, I'll use the example of "Perfect World". Where literally, if you want to even see end-game content, you're forced to cash-shop, and I mean hardcore cash-shop. In short, it's a well known fact that people pay more in free to play games with a cash shop then in games with a subscription model <.< Hopefully Bless doesn't take that road.

And I realllly really hope they don't even consider a Subscription model, as that model is sort of "Obsolete" in today's gaming world or it should be...which is why I'm sort of shocked that ESO is using that approach.

"Buy And Play "Should be ideal ...fingers crossed though
      XD yall trying to make the game GW2 now? sorry I know theres little ppl but the Mascue I much cuter then the asura XD

pay method - no real word on the actual method of pay, you and I can debate and want all we want but fact is we don't know. wont know until REAL ACTUAL say so from the devs say as much. so really the idea is up for debate however unnecessary