Pinned Rebuild Project Announced

• As far as AoC goes - I doubt that with it will release anytime before 2020 at all. The amount of work which have to be done preparing UE4 for mmorpg usage is huge. Not to mention every little goal they put in. It will be interesting if they can keep everything they promised so far but I doubt it since changes happen oh so often during development.

Anyway I think the points they mentioned are good starting points but they really miss the core problems like putting in goals to work for for example player driven content, etc. But we will see how things are going.

Also client optimization.
    • Nocht wrote:

Furia wrote:

-The training gameplay is not fun
      -There’s no reward from investing into mount / pet progression
      I'm curious what they'll do with taming.. might be something like Riders of Icarus..

What do you guys think?
      Making it similar like Riders of Icarus as in taming mounts is actually a good idea; In actuality i didn't even realize Bless had a taming system to begin with... Having an Icarus style taming system would allow users to turn their, lets say dragon mount, into a companion(pet) instead of keeping it as a mount. This would be a cool idea just wondering what the situations with mounts/pets is gonna be like; Do they give bonuses to stats? cus issues can arise if those bonuses are active 24/7 uhh like in riders of Icarus you would need the companion active to gain the stat bonus, an issue could occur with wallet crusaders being able to buy taming items off market to be able to tame tons of mounts making them gods of stat bonuses if the bonuses are active 24/7... Or is the whole mount/companion thing gonna be completely cosmetic? no bonuses? im not against them giving bonuses just hoping everyone can atleast have a chance to tame all mounts and you don't need some sort of Uber rare item to tame a OP mount like in riders of Icarus but can be bought off market with real cash for 9.99$.
      My name? is Iori Namagashi... and when im done... This World Shall Know Pain :blesspassion: :blesscry: :blessfight:
    • RIFT and DX11? Since? I played RIFT 6 years and never I heard they have change the engine. They have have switched to 64Bit addressing yes, but never chenged the engine. Optimzed also yes... but this is a DX9 game further. And BLESS was a DX11 game which use only the DX9 because of problems with DX11. IMO they should use DX12. Make the life easier for the future.
    • Anttyr wrote:

RIFT and DX11? Since? I played RIFT 6 years and never I heard they have change the engine. They have have switched to 64Bit addressing yes, but never chenged the engine. Optimzed also yes... but this is a DX9 game further. And BLESS was a DX11 game which use only the DX9 because of problems with DX11. IMO they should use DX12. Make the life easier for the future.
      After Doing some digging it wasn't dx 11. They converted the client over to 64 bit and multi core support. From what I have seen it looks like it is still dx 9.
    • Furia wrote:

I also hope they do something to make the environment appear more "alive". Everything feels so steady and boring. You hear animals but you don't see any, towns like El Rano are ghosttowns with copy&pasted guards, there is no weather etc.
      there was once a video with wind effects on and off so I guess it could be done but again... client side wasn't really a perfect fit for such extras to begin with. Maybe this time. I agree that the environments itself could have a few more details like you mentioned.

What I'd like to see most is a reworked pet system and mini-endgame goal or so to differentiate pets/mounts with tiers and being able to trade them (untrained/trained). But that's just and old Rappelz fan speaking here.

Also client optimization.

Sarcastic wrote:

Maybe optimization is in relation with the first main objetive: -Examining the game systems and framework thoroughlyHope so, cause is one of the most vital things to work on for me

I have to be very honest - I looked at their code and data structure and it is a mess. Some segments are really clear and others are just plain bad. If I compare it to Tera which had a well almost clear code Bless is just.... bad....

Also I wonder if they actually know what some of their config files entries actually do because I played a lot or UE3 games and well... I can't really figure out how to make Bless run at least a little bit more fluid. Strangely enough I have the same performance through all graphic levels with a 970 now (and a 760 back then). It's a mystery.
    • I got some information from the project manager i'd like to share with you guys.

1. The rebuild test server will be available for everyone(with a verified account ofc)
      2. I suggested a dynamic weather system and they decided to work on it as well.

Some unreleased Screenshots

New Character Creation
      Auto Pathing
      Upgraded Gear Effect
      Upgraded Weapon Effect
      Human Mascu Version
      Files
    • Furia wrote:

I got some "exclusive" information from the project manager i'd like to share with you guys.

1. The rebuild test server will be available for everyone(with a verified account ofc)
      Sounds pretty good, and looks very good as well !

I'm curious if they have already finished the warlock class and put it off with the next major update, or if they're still working on it. I'm so excited...
    • lyronx wrote:

Furia wrote:

I got some "exclusive" information from the project manager i'd like to share with you guys.

Sounds pretty good, and looks very good as well !
      I'm curious if they have already finished the warlock class and put it off with the next major update, or if they're still working on it. I'm so excited...
      I don't think they are working on new content at the moment. This is probably the reason why there has been no real content in the past month, they are focusing on the rebuild project until people are happy with the game.
    • sakarifoxx wrote:

get it on steam early access, develop it simultaneously for the na/ea, get your fans to translate it, release the current script and ui elements similar to what tree of savior did.

Want a game that the community likes, start using your community more.
      I don't see any point at releasing it as an early access at the moment. Maybe after finishing the Rebuild Version of Bless. Also prefer a professional translation over a fan translation. Not to mention that Bless has probably 100x more text to translate than ToS.
    • Furia wrote:

sakarifoxx wrote:

get it on steam early access, develop it simultaneously for the na/ea, get your fans to translate it, release the current script and ui elements similar to what tree of savior did.

I don't see any point at releasing it as an early access at the moment. Maybe after finishing the Rebuild Version of Bless. Also prefer a professional translation over a fan translation. Not to mention that Bless has probably 100x more text to translate than ToS.
      More lines of text means what exactly? it needs to get done right? Start with the things that arent going to change much like the UI, and what note and work from there.

And whats the difference between asking for people to go on the korean test serer and just making it easier to do that via early access?
    • sakarifoxx wrote:

Furia wrote:

sakarifoxx wrote:

More lines of text means what exactly? it needs to get done right? Start with the things that arent going to change much like the UI, and what note and work from there.
      And whats the difference between asking for people to go on the korean test serer and just making it easier to do that via early access?
      1. It means that the "fan-translation" will take longer than the actual game release. The localization files are free to edit, if you think it's a good idea try to find 30 people who are fluent in korean and english and try to translate everything till the end of the year.

2. Neowiz already knows what's wrong with the current version. What's the point in releasing the old version in korean on early access when people only complain about things that are already being worked on? The game will have negative reviews which is bad for the actual game release.
    • Hi guys, long time no see!

I hope everyone's doing ok.

I found the official youtube channel of the japanese version of the game, we can already see some of the changes in there:

* 33:31- New character selection screen.
      * 36:41 - Berserker auto attack looks better in my oppinion, the combat seems a little bit faster and there's a camera shaking effect that reminds me BDO.
      * 38:32 - The old and the new combat, side by side.

There's also changes in UI and character customization, some of them are already implemented, you can check on their videos.

Here's the list:

youtube.com/channel/UCnPvcIBvckSvbnHlesK0uOA

The post was edited 1 time, last by Symeria ().