Which Race are you going to play?

• It was difficult for me to choose a race for my main in TERA. I went initially with Popori, but the armor designs really turned me off so I had to go with my backup. I kind of feel the same way with the races in BLESS. I like Lupus/Pantera, but I'm a sucker for "Human" and Amistad works there and my Popori interest is a bit fulfilled by the Mascu. *shakes fist* Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Denizen wrote:

Amistad Warrior. Unless there is a class that specializes in material gathering and crafting. If not than a sword / shield tank warrior has always been my favorite class to play.
      Looks like the sword/shield class is a Guardian. Feels like the AION Templar from what I've seen thus far.
    • I'm not totally sure yet. I just know that I'm going to be playing a Paladin, so whichever race works well with that. I don't know if each race is going to have unique animations for everything, but if they do, that will be a huge deciding factor for me. That, and how the different kinds of plate armor look (I'd assume Paladins will wear plate :p). I personally like the Siren race, but I don't know if they will be able to be Paladins. Aqua Elf and Habichts are other options for me.
      "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."
    • Lilsanchez wrote:

Pantera!
      Transform into a lion and rip things up with my razor sharp claws.
      I'll most likely play the tank, like I usually do in most games.
      I saw the transformation, but I'm wondering if that's class based and not just racial? It would be a big disappointment for me if that's a racial ability as no other racial ability could hope to match it.
    • Lilsanchez wrote:

Idk, if it really was class specific It would probably be Ranger or some sort of magic user, in the video the Paladins transformed. Which is A.O.K. for me since I'll be Paladin.
      Sure they were Paladins? Thought those were the mace/scepter+shield (Clerics in AION) look. The 1h sword+shield and 1h sword+not sure if he had another weapon that transformed I'm pretty sure were Guardians (Templars in AION).

There is really clear gameplay footage of Rangers, Paladins, Guardians, and Berserkers.
    • You're right. Played games for so long I guess it was just a experienced hunch. The Pantera had really shiny noble looking armor which usually means Templar or Paladin, but I'm probably really wrong. lol Can't just assume, that's my bad.
      Some people actually feel the rain. Others just get wet
    • Lilsanchez wrote:

You're right. Played games for so long I guess it was just a experienced hunch. The Pantera had really shiny noble looking armor which usually means Templar or Paladin, but I'm probably really wrong. lol Can't just assume, that's my bad.
      The G-Star 2012 gameplay vids use "Guardian", "Paladin", etc. as the player names, so they made it really easy for us to know which was which. BUT,then they went and made both classes have shimmering 1H+weapon. :) Weapon and shield designs are pretty different though.

They basically "borrowed" all of the AION classes and then one or two from TERA. Here's what I think I know thus far:

Assassin = Assassin (AION)
      Berserker = Berserker (TERA)/Slayer (TERA)/Gladiator (AION)
      Guardian = Templar (AION)
      Mage = Sorcerer (AION)/Sorcerer (TERA)
      Mystic = Mystic (TERA)/Chanter (AION)?
      Paladin = Cleric (AION)
      Ranger = Archer (TERA)/Ranger (AION)
      Warlock = Spritmaster (AION)?

Not sure about the shapechange, but it seemed like they were both Guardians to me. I'm really not sure about Mystic and Warlock as those two seem like they could be the summoner class. Aaaaah, so much to learn!

Thus far though, they've only been showing male Guardians and female Paladins. But I don't speak Korean, so I'll keep guessing, too!

Female Paladin

Male Guardian

• I really like this video, especially the beginning. The Pantera Female and her growling and happy expressions.
      It's really interesting how easily they die in the very beginning of the game. I'm willing to bet this game will be pretty darn difficult.
      youtube.com/watch?v=V5PWMJZRzAs

Well not happy expression, but the eye brow raise.

Another class I know I will be interested in is a pet class. Especially in a game with these graphics. Spicey
      Some people actually feel the rain. Others just get wet
    • This is my reoccurring problem, what race and class to pick! Especially, if some classes are alike but have interesting difference or race have special abilities that would work best for a class.

Don't get me started on what I want my character to look like. I spent anywhere from 2hrs+ just making a character for AION.
      Nothing to see here. Keep Scrolling.
    • I'm probably going with Mystic, I've always played a Healing class or a Magic class at that. As for race I'm still undecided its between Siren and Pantera (edit :P )~ As all of them look amazing. And yes since some of the developers or artists that worked on TERA I can see alot of similarities not just the art design. Which is probably what also hit me to become attached to BLESS.

And Far as the classes go, if Mystic functions the way it did or close too in TERA after having played one but not as much as a Priest. I might have to pull my hair out. Unless they make the game-play a better experience. But if its more too a priest then..that won't be bad since I'm used to that. Not saying the more Mystic/buffer style that can also be annoying in PVP is bad. But only if done right this goes back to if they ever introduce more classes, ones that are secondary to the main ones both need to be buffed. So ones not getting the short stick on the gamefield or not get too nerf happy.
      Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
      truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn- Nethack
      :love:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ashai ().

• Nasuuna wrote:

I loves me some long flowing dresses, prefer modest but this is coming from korea, so might as well go all out on the skimpyness.

so armor models will be huge for me.
      Sounds like you would have loved everything High Elf female for casters in TERA. :) Tons of long, flowing dresses there.

• Indeed sounds like it. High Elf has alot of outfits like that. Because of that I often changed the apperance of my armors till I ended up getting the ones from Nexus because I thought they where pretty for Elf.
      This was one of the lower level outfits High Elf could have as armor but mod it onto anything else. Sorry if Its a little huge this was originally taken for a fellow artist to have reference to do some artwork of my priest.

wickedonline.net/terapic/ashaitera.png

Kinda hoping for the same thing in BLESS, for castor/healers but it would also be nice for some armor + nice flowing robes too. But yes its Korean so...:p
      Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
      truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn- Nethack
      :love:
    • Ashai wrote:

Indeed sounds like it. High Elf has alot of outfits like that. Because of that I often changed the apperance of my armors till I ended up getting the ones from Nexus because I thought they where pretty for Elf.
      This was one of the lower level outfits High Elf could have as armor but mod it onto anything else. Sorry if Its a little huge this was originally taken for a fellow artist to have reference to do some artwork of my priest.

wickedonline.net/terapic/ashaitera.png

Kinda hoping for the same thing in BLESS, for castor/healers but it would also be nice for some armor + nice flowing robes too. But yes its Korean so...:p
      Here are a few of the "cloth" armors we can see from the siege video. Looks like these are for Aqua Elf, Iblis, and Siren.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Organic ().

Peria Chronicles