Free Targeting mode on Paladin Healer?

• Free Targeting mode on Paladin Healer?

Hi.
      I'm leveling a Paladin and I love healers but, today got the core skill for turn me a priest but I thought healing in free targeting mode is like in Wildstar or Tera. I must enter in cursor mode to select party member or press a bind key but doing this in free targeting mode the target selection last one second and is hard to heal.
      Is not usable the free targeting mode to heal fine or is there and option that I dont see for heal aiming like in wildstar?

Regard and sorry for my english.
    • Targeting in the free-target mode for Healing is really bad I was rather depressed by it and ended up going back to Tab Targeting. Which also goes back to my other post in someone elses thread that they either need too lean the the free-target/"action" more like Tera's where its lock on/ect or completely ditch it and stick with tab targeting. I tried so hard and I was getting so frustrated with it.
      Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
      truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn- Nethack
      :love:
    • There are KEYS to directly target the party members...

The default if i'm not wrong are CTRL+F1~F5

It work in both Free and Tab mode

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • To be honest, Mmorpg are NOT made to be "free aim".... you should not complains about this feature that is there for you to help you... the fact you don't want to use it and blame the system is another matter...

• Ashai wrote:

But that's so annoying lol who wants to be pushing all of that in free target mode @_@;

This feature is a must have (for me its shift plus 1-5) because in heated situations you have savely select your target without wasting time.
    • Nito wrote:

Ashai wrote:

But that's so annoying lol who wants to be pushing all of that in free target mode @_@;

This feature is a must have (for me its shift plus 1-5) because in heated situations you have savely select your target without wasting time.

Agreed, I'm glad to hear bless has it. Free targeting is fun when you're trying to kill things, not when you're trying to heal.
    • I'm not sure if you are understanding me. It's not that I'm complaining at -all- I have no issues with tab targeting in this game. I think its perfectly fine and have no issue healing with it.

the free-targeting version right now in BLESS is a mess. There should be no reason for a healer to be doing shift 1-5 and free targeting someone. It should just be 'turn to said target' with a lock on and toss a heal if they are going to go with a free-targeting/action.

I think that is better stated?....
    • Ashai wrote:

I'm not sure if you are understanding me. It's not that I'm complaining at -all- I have no issues with tab targeting in this game. I think its perfectly fine and have no issue healing with it.

the free-targeting version right now in BLESS is a mess. There should be no reason for a healer to be doing shift 1-5 and free targeting someone. It should just be 'turn to said target' with a lock on and toss a heal if they are going to go with a free-targeting/action.

I think that is better stated?....
      No... wait.. i think you are not getting it in the right way...

You don't "free target" when you use CTRL+1~5 or SHIFT+1~5.. you just DIRECTLY target your party member (number).

It's a direct shortcut to target who you need without need to hold ALT to show your mouse pointer or do whatever is necessary to make you target manually...

Example, you have in party Nito as party member #1, Me as party member #2... if you want to DIRECTLY target me, you need to do ALT+2 or ALT+1 for Nito. This is a system that will allow you to quickly target without lose time...

• I understand what you are saying (Have from the start) :P

I'm simply saying it would be more conventional to just have something like TERA (example) the way healers work in regards to the more 'action' offer (has nothing to do with the way it currently works - because I get it and I just find it awkward thats all. )

I'm more then happy to use Tab Targeting system I've grown up on that. Just merely kinda suggesting. It has nothing to do with how they work it now in BLESS, I understand that :).
    • Ashai wrote:

I understand what you are saying (Have from the start) :P

I'm simply saying it would be more conventional to just have something like TERA (example) the way healers work in regards to the more 'action' offer (has nothing to do with the way it currently works - because I get it and I just find it awkward thats all. )

I'm more then happy to use Tab Targeting system I've grown up on that. Just merely kinda suggesting. It has nothing to do with how they work it now in BLESS, I understand that :).

Yeah I can see your point. In general the free target mode really does need some work. DPS and Heals. That being said regular tab target is what i'm most familiar with, so it doesn't effect me too much. It's by no means on par with other games but i'm sure they will polish some things up as they go.
    • I must be missin something since no one else mentioned this before... so if u guys could please help me i've been having difficulties actually targeting my party member to heal when he is for example kiting and mobs come in my sight radius, because then the target jumps on the mob i can spam to target him back but the target doesn't stay even for a half second before jumping back to the mob. So how are u actually going to play this?
    • Ashai wrote:

I understand what you are saying (Have from the start) :P

In TERA, the free targeting heals made a lot of sense because you either had party-wide HOTs, or at least large AOEs available. Anything that required specific targets (e.g. direct heals and/or cleanses) used a toggle-active/swipe across targets/activate mechanic so you could set who your heals would be triggered on.

Unfortunately, given some of this team worked on TERA, they forgot the toggling feature. As a result, I found it too cumbersome (i.e. not enjoyable at all) to try healing without traditional tab targeting active.

Sindeya wrote:

I must be missin something since no one else mentioned this before... so if u guys could please help me i've been having difficulties actually targeting my party member to heal when he is for example kiting and mobs come in my sight radius, because then the target jumps on the mob i can spam to target him back but the target doesn't stay even for a half second before jumping back to the mob. So how are u actually going to play this?

The only real option available is the toggle between the "default" target setting. You can set your Paladin skills to default target either friendly or enemy targets first. If you're in a healing role, that at least prioritizes friendly targets so it doesn't instantly revert to targeting mobs when you're trying to heal. That said, honestly, I didn't enjoy active targeting in BLESS for my Pally, so I only used the classic targeting.
    • Organic -

That's what I feel as well - :) as I feel as its really important. Yes I meant more of the ones where you specifically targeted people not so much as the aoe drop heals and such. I think if they put that in it would be more comfy to run in either mode.
    Peria Chronicles