BlessEu

• No one knows... the next step is the 3rd CBT in Korea. They confirmed the chinese CBT, its scheduled to happen this year but we don't have more information. The game will be released on EUA/EU next year, I guess. They can't delay even more, otherwise the game would be outdated. However, I believe that Bless has the best that a MMORPG can offer in terms of scenarios, character design and story (and I think the devs knows about it) they just have to invest more in publicity (maybe they're waiting for Black Desert hype's gone).

If they make the high end game content like Lineage II, I can't see any other MMO surpassing Bless on the next years and all of this would result in two facts:

1- Hours and hours of our lives having fun.
      2- Neowiz making a LOT of money.
    • Symeria wrote:

However, I believe that Bless has the best that a MMORPG can offer in terms of scenarios, character design and story (and I think the devs knows about it) they just have to invest more in publicity (maybe they're waiting for Black Desert hype's gone).

I have to admit I stopped following Bless Online for an year now, but looking back at the forum, it looks like I have not missed much :(
      Do you have any links backing up this, all I was able to find are high-level promises without any concrete game features?

I seriously doubt, that the Black Desert hype will be gone. PA even considers to change several game details for the NA/EU release, which will only increase the hype... well, will also delay the game even further...
    • drunx wrote:

Anyone play at korean cbt 3?

MerlinBG wrote:

Symeria wrote:

However, I believe that Bless has the best that a MMORPG can offer in terms of scenarios, character design and story (and I think the devs knows about it) they just have to invest more in publicity (maybe they're waiting for Black Desert hype's gone).

I have to admit I stopped following Bless Online for an year now, but looking back at the forum, it looks like I have not missed much :(
      Do you have any links backing up this, all I was able to find are high-level promises without any concrete game features?

I seriously doubt, that the Black Desert hype will be gone. PA even considers to change several game details for the NA/EU release, which will only increase the hype... well, will also delay the game even further...

the point with Black Desert is: if PA wants to change the details of BD they have to go back several steps. The current game is just a ken&barbie dress up contest with little to no real content. Sure whale hunting makes fun. Raiding the tax cart is good too. But ultimately I doesn't reward you as it should. And if you stripe the fancy looks away, all what's left is a game which is on an average level.
      Don't get me wrong. The game could be a success if they reinvent their game for the local markets (ru, na, eu, etc.)

drunx wrote:

Anyone play at korean cbt 3?

count me in.
    • Well, let's hope BD will be tuned for the local markets to make sense. Now it looks pretty grim, although I have to say I am only reading reviews, have not played it myself yet.

However, speaking of Bless - how does it look? Any observations/glimpses of the end-game content? Any preliminary NA/EU release dates? Any new info at all?
    • MerlinBG wrote:

Well, let's hope BD will be tuned for the local markets to make sense. Now it looks pretty grim, although I have to say I am only reading reviews, have not played it myself yet.

However, speaking of Bless - how does it look? Any observations/glimpses of the end-game content? Any preliminary NA/EU release dates? Any new info at all?

playing BD myself I can say I hope it will be tuned but I hope for the best. Maybe I can get an interview with some guys in the business area at the gamescom 2015 ^^

About Bless's endgame content:

Bless itself will feature a territorial system as well as Sieges on Castles(?) or other important points.
      The RvR Intro Trailer can be seen here:
      RvR Intro - Bless Pmang

Not sure how they will implement this, however it was a major part of the CBT2.

Anyway besides PvP there is PvE as well. From what I have seen and heard it will be a major part primarily because of the resources as well as the taming system. Also the combat system and the skill system makes it clear that both (PvE&PvP) will play a major role in general. So I guess we might see a PvPvE system similar to Aion where you have to invade enemy territory and kill world bosses while fighting against the enemy.

Regarding a release date:

there are hints that the last CBT (3rd CBT) will start some what in June and OBT will open up later this year. And I think there could be a release in December 2015 or Early 2016 (January mainly). I'm saying this because in Korea many games have their OBT or release near the end of the year of at the start of the following year. At least the big ones. And Bless isn't a no-name game.
    • Nito wrote:

And I think there could be a release in December 2015 or Early 2016 (January mainly). I'm saying this because in Korea many games have their OBT or release near the end of the year of at the start of the following year. At least the big ones. And Bless isn't a no-name game.

You are referring to release in Korea, right? Anything known/suspected for possible NA/EU release?

Otherwise thanks for the info... RvR is not really my main interest, but if there are GvG - castle sieges, pvp for epic raids, etc - I will be more than happy.

Any news about the targeting system? I have read they "revamped" it, but the revamped still looks pretty much like tab-target... is this really the case?
    • yes, I was referring to a korean release. Depending which publisher they choose it should take at least 1 year if not 1 and a half depending on finding a publisher, signing the contract and if they want to get their game on the gaming exhibition like e3 and gamescom.

So if they release it Q4 - 2015/Q1 - 2016 I think it's possible that we get a western (EU&NA) release mid 2017 +/- a few months.

Regarding GvG - I think it will be a part of Bless. Maybe it will also have something to do with the territorial system, etc.

Target-System depends on the class. The normal classes have this auto-target system where the system decides the target depending on your camera and character position. Something similar to Blade & Soul. But many skills also require to actively aim - mainly the Berserker skills but all classes got these skills. So I'd say it is a mix of active targeting and auto targeting.
    • Nito wrote:

Target-System depends on the class. The normal classes have this auto-target system where the system decides the target depending on your camera and character position. Something similar to Blade & Soul. But many skills also require to actively aim - mainly the Berserker skills but all classes got these skills. So I'd say it is a mix of active targeting and auto targeting.

Oh, hm! So this is not the old school tab-target system? But also not action-based system, like Tera? Haven't played B&S... is there another game, where I could check this kind of system?
    • MerlinBG wrote:

Nito wrote:

(...)
      Oh, hm! So this is not the old school tab-target system? But also not action-based system, like Tera? Haven't played B&S... is there another game, where I could check this kind of system?
      I don't really know which game could get close to it but something like a mix of elements from gw2, b&s, tera, etc. Better to search some CBT2 gameplay vids. If I am at my apartment with a better connection I could upload some Bless CBT vids.

sEEEEb wrote:

2017 sounds like a realistic date but it's far too late in my opinion and most of the hype will be gone by then.

Is there a hype to begin with? To me Bless seems a bit off the charts by default. There were many Beta registrations (I think they broke some record too) but there is little to nothing about it in the korean gaming mags, etc.

I mean technically speaking they are in heavy development and I doubt they will start the marketing machine unless they have a solid core. Unlike other games which failed miserably. Also it already planned to be released in the chinese market. So they do their thing. It's just that they do not broadcast every single thing - as already said - unlike other games/devs/publishers.

Also if they really pull of a successor of Lineage 2 with updated graphics, similar core mechanics & rules, their very interesting classes, etc. etc. the hype won't die. It didn't die when Aion was announced and Blade&Soul NA/EU still has a solid core of followers.
    • For me it is pretty much the only game I am waiting for, I got hooked instantly when I saw it on youtube and felt some resemblence with Lineage 2 which I'm playing since almost ~8 years :D

I know graphics don't make a good game, but bless looks really amazing and the gameplay vids I've seen so far look very promising.
    • Nito wrote:

If I am at my apartment with a better connection I could upload some Bless CBT vids.

Thanks for the info, Nito. If you can upload or link to a specific moment, where the combat mechanics can be seen clearly - would be awesome. Important for me is that my character does not auto-turn to cast a spell or shoot when the target is "selected" - like it is the case in all tab-target games.
    • I know i brought back an old thread, but can someone PLEASE find a way to tell pmang to hurry up on the NA/Eu because we have no good mmos right now. Black desert has no endgame content, the pve is too easy, and the pvp takes forever. Archeage is kinda pay-to-win and the housing system is not good. ESO is not worth buying. Guild wars 2 is worth buying, but then again no open world pvp. Wildstar is still becoming free to play. Blade and soul is gonna be fun, but not one that will last me. Otherland is early access. Skyforge has a confusing ass class system in which you have to go through a class that you dont like for a while to get to the class that you want only for you to have to level up that class too. Chronicles of elyria was announced only about a month ago, so it only has design journals and a few concept arts. Bless online is the mmo that i have been waiting for. Has endgame, has pvp, going to be free to play, variety of classes, different races, different factions, choice between tab-targeting and non tab-targeting, huge choice between pets(from gorgon to hippo to a griffon or dragon) , amazing graphics, a beautiful world, and HANS ZIMMER IS DOING THE SOUNDTRACK. HANS ZIMMER. THE DUDE WHO DID SONGS IN THE DARK KNIGHT, LION KING, MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 2, INTERSTELLAR, BLACK HAWK DOWN, ANGELS & DEMONS (very good movie btw), PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN, AND INCEPTION. But we have to wait a long time, so there is a chance i wont be as hype if it comes out around 2017.
    • Jiebao wrote:

Black desert has no endgame content

What do you mean - no end game for BD?

Jiebao wrote:

choice between tab-targeting and non tab-targeting

Huh? Choice? So... hm... I will have to choose if my spells always hit, or not.
      What should I choose... let me think a bit...
      Really?
      I thought they have "revamped" the targeting system and now is semi-action-based... but this "choice" you mention worries me a bit... again - what do you mean? Link to some fresh resource?
    • Don't get me wrong, you are right in various points but there will be no perfect game. Even Bless can and probably will turn out like ArcheAge gameplay wise. The only thing what could make a difference is the publisher, the localization and possibly the business model they go with it.

MerlinBG wrote:

Jiebao wrote:

Black desert has no endgame content

What do you mean - no end game for BD?

Jiebao wrote:

choice between tab-targeting and non tab-targeting

Huh? Choice? So... hm... I will have to choose if my spells always hit, or not.
      What should I choose... let me think a bit...
      Really?
      I thought they have "revamped" the targeting system and now is semi-action-based... but this "choice" you mention worries me a bit... again - what do you mean? Link to some fresh resource?

Black Desert itself doesn't have much fancy stuff to do when you are finished with leveling your character to 50 - I guess that is what he means. However to me there are some things to do but I won't discuss this here.

Also Bless now features both Classic Targeting (Tab - Target) and semi-action based. However I really tried to understand the meaning behind their update which I translated and I can't really see anything like "depending on the class you will have this target mode" or something like that. However we really have to wait and see how this system works.
    • Nito wrote:

Also Bless now features both Classic Targeting (Tab - Target) and semi-action based. However I really tried to understand the meaning behind their update which I translated and I can't really see anything like "depending on the class you will have this target mode" or something like that. However we really have to wait and see how this system works.

Before revamping the targeting mode, there was actually a clear statement - Berserks use action combat, all the rest of the classes - tab-targeting. Well, to be honest, for berserks they only had area effect skills, no real action combat was involved, but they tried to sell it that way.

After revamping... well... no idea how it works. If anyone has more info - share please.
    • MerlinBG wrote:

Nito wrote:

Before revamping the targeting mode, there was actually a clear statement - Berserks use action combat, all the rest of the classes - tab-targeting. Well, to be honest, for berserks they only had area effect skills, no real action combat was involved, but they tried to sell it that way.

After revamping... well... no idea how it works. If anyone has more info - share please.

Well I'm not really sure about this but maybe my way of thinking is at least on the right track or so. Let me know what you think.
      Basically the targeting system be it tab target or semi/auto target locks an enemy for you to see the enemy health bar, info, icon, etc.

The combat system depends how the attacking and so on works. The Berserker featured a position based hit calculation while the others mainly featured a target based hit calculation in theory. [not sure how they really handle things)
      Theories

Target based hit calculation:

Basically tab -> target -> Skill -> Damage. No real aiming evolved as projectiles are like homing missiles and damage you on contact but fly after you.

Position based hit calculation:

Basically I execute a skill and every enemy which stands in the area of effect on timer X will be damaged

True, the Berserker class featured the semi free aiming while the others required the tab key. My guess is that they decided to let people choose which targeting mode they want as it gives advantages but also disadvantages.

I also guess the Mage will feature a lot of AoE spells and therefore they changed it, as it is easier to handle semi action based if you have many free aiming skills in my view. At least that's what I thought when I played Sorcerer builds in ArcheAge.
    Peria Chronicles