TheLazyPeon's Bless Online OB First Impressions

vegax87 wrote:

What do you think?
      *Video*

You should click "More Options" in Edit for the thread, and change the title to "TheLazyPeon's Bless Online Open Beta First Impressions". Also remove "Is it worth playing?" from the video title, and add "Open Beta".

Sorry if this will come off as rude/blunt/bitchy/etc (I likely will), but it has always really irritated me when people do that. It's completely unfair to both the game and the people watching the video in the future. Let me explain.
      My opinion is that absolutely anything named "Review", "Is it worth playing?", or similar terminology for a a game that JUST came into Open Beta that is clearly missing features to be added later (Beauty Shop and Armor Dyes to name two) is WAY too early. "First Impressions" are fine, but the words "review", "Is it worth playing?", etc are completely unfair. Imagine if someone maybe 5 years from now when it's in most countries and has 10x as many features as it has now just hears of the game. They want to know if it's any good. They look at your video, not noticing that the video is 5 years old. Likely 95% of what you talk about in the video will be horribly outdated, giving said person a completely incorrect informational video.

Post was edited 3 times, last by “Zazaaji” ().

Zazaaji wrote:

You should click "More Options" in Edit for the thread, and change the title to "TheLazyPeon's Bless Online Open Beta First Impressions". Also remove "Is it worth playing?" from the video title, and add "Open Beta".

I'm not LazyPeon, I just linked it to start a discussion about his first impressions, btw I edited the thread title to be more clear, the only thing I can't change here is the youtube title because it's embedded.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “vegax87” ().

Zazaaji wrote:

vegax87 wrote:

What do you think?
      *Video*

Sorry if this will come off as rude/blunt/bitchy/etc (I likely will), but it has always really irritated me when people do that. It's completely unfair to both the game and the people watching the video in the future. Let me explain.
      My opinion is that absolutely anything named "Review", "Is it worth playing?", or similar terminology for a a game that JUST came into Open Beta that is clearly missing features to be added later (Beauty Shop and Armor Dyes to name two) is WAY too early. "First Impressions" are fine, but the words "review", "Is it worth playing?", etc are completely unfair. Imagine if someone maybe 5 years from now when it's in most countries and has 10x as many features as it has now just hears of the game. They want to know if it's any good. They look at your video, not noticing that the video is 5 years old. Likely 95% of what you talk about in the video will be horribly outdated, giving said person a completely incorrect informational video.

You say it's unfair to judge the game but beauty shop and armor dye are minor, the core mechanics of the game have been established. You can pretty much tell how the game will be on release compared to OB simply because they won't overhaul any major system mechanics this late in development. They redid the combat once.... so yeah i doubt they'll change it again. I feel as if the combat will hold the game back from being as great as it possibly can... It's definitely not as redundant as BDO imo but it's very odd to play some classes especially late game mage and still feel as if you can't atk nearly as fast as you should.
      Well I agree with the combat system, however I think if you could for example use the defensive skills (teleport, dodge, jump, etc.) in all directions and not just in 1 direction it would give people more mobility and more freedom.

What they also need to add is the option to track the target while in free-aiming mode. The option already exists at the tab-target mode but it would make more sense in free-aiming mode than in tab-target mode. Either a fixed target track or a track at will (like sky forge).

These are two things that - in my view - could improve the combat flow a lot.

well I have to say - combat is something which could be improved, yes. However getting hung up on that point on this scale is what I don't really understand but well...

Basically nearly everything need some fine adjustment on this point of development in order to be smoother.
      This guy is so WoW biased. The combat really isn't as bad as he makes it sound like. I'm playing a mage and the combat is pretty compareable to the combat in RIFT, which is just another WoW clone. I think the biggest problem is that he only got to level 15(?) and didnt have enough skills to make a proper rotation. Nevertheless he fucking sucked, I didnt die all the way up to lvl 40 as much as he did in his 6 hours of playtime.

For everything else on the video, I agree.
      I don't understand why people complain so much about the combat, for the ones who have not been following Bless on the last few years, the game is based on tab-target, was developed to be tab-target. Personally, I don't know what the developers have in mind to put a free-aiming system on a game that has been in developing for 7 years based on tab-target, I hope I'm wrong, but the two systems together will not work. Tab target have and advantage, since you are always locked on your enemy, how they will change that? TheLazyPeon should have at least get to lv30-35 to see how the combat works, its like any other big MMO, WOW, FFXVI, Aion, etc. The problem is: a lot of people is hyped about Black Desert combat and want the game to be an action game... they are going to screw the game if they try to make it action, the game is a traditional MMORPG and was being developed during 7 years with all the mechanics based on that, they can't change it now, it's too late. Why they don't criticize WoW combat, FFXIV combat? How many games with free aiming system do we have and why these people don't play them? There are other things that define if a game is good or not, and personally, I don't think WoW, FFXIV and other tab-target games are bad, otherwise no one would play it. The deck system has a lot of possibilities, new core skills, shift skills, etc... there's nothing wrong with the combat as long as you use tab-target.

My concerns regarding the game are:

1 - Who is going to be the publisher in NA/EU.
      2 - What kind of cash shop we'll have.
      3 - Endgame content (Royal quests, RvR, GvG, etc).
      4 - When we are going to see the missing classes and races?
      5 - Auction house?
      6 - Warehouse?
      7 - Optimization need to be improved, specially in RvR.

They should be worried about that, there are a lot of features still missing in the game... a lot of people can play with tab-targeting system, but a few ppl will play a game with no end content, p2w and bad optimized.

(Sorry guys, my english is pretty bad).

Post was edited 2 times, last by “Symeria” ().

I think the game is fine.

Symeria already made the good points I mean obviously the stuff people should be more worried about. Publisher/Cash Shop/ECT.

The big issue is a lot of people (Not everyone) now days wants the standard to be that all games should be action combat full on and get rid of tab targeting completely. Not even so much of a hybrid thought. Most think 'action-combat' is the new/should be all future games because they want/need that kind of style.

Just because you have games like TERA / Black Desert / and so on that specialize in such. But I feel even today with all the games that are out there shouldn't be one type of game streamline. Because just like you have people who love action combat you have people that prefer tab targeting or a form of hybrid.

So BLESS or any other game based around tab target should be left alone and not dumped on just because its not Action. While I also think its great that Neowiz is trying to cater to both crowds by having the choice to play either or - I Just think either they clean up the Action part of it that makes it frustrating to use for some decks/etc - or just dump it and be strait Tab Target with the way they have built the game. I'd rather Heal under Tab Target if they arn't going to have an action targeting system sorta like TERA for healers in that mode. I find myself going back to Tab-Targeting because of that because I think its more smoother that way.
      Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
      truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn- Nethack
      :love:
      I'm actually anti- action combat in MMOs it just doesn't fit for the typical playstyle imo.
      But the combat in this game seems slow and delayed?
      Aion was tab targetting and yet it was beautiful done, nothing felt sluggish, and you could whip out skills in chains quite well even at somewhat low levels.
      Playing the mage here and a bit of the ranger, idk things feel so slow and executing combos takes a bit longer than I'd hope. I'm not saing this game is awful in combat, it just could use some tweaks in order to make it flow better? As of right now I feel as if skills are executed far too slow and universal cooldown doesn't help when you want to cast a lot of spells in quick succession.

Puremystic wrote:

I'm actually anti- action combat in MMOs it just doesn't fit for the typical playstyle imo.
      Aion was tab targetting and yet it was beautiful done, nothing felt sluggish, and you could whip out skills in chains quite well even at somewhat low levels.
      Playing the mage here and a bit of the ranger, idk things feel so slow and executing combos takes a bit longer than I'd hope. I'm not saing this game is awful in combat, it just could use some tweaks in order to make it flow better? As of right now I feel as if skills are executed far too slow and universal cooldown doesn't help when you want to cast a lot of spells in quick succession.

They could add more chain skills, that would probably make the combat better, but we need to remember that most of us are playing with 250-300ms and its hard to get a better flow in combat with this latency...

Puremystic wrote:

I've played Aion since CB 1 in KR and I have to say Bless feels on classic targeting feels exactly like Aion KR. Slow, sluggish, not responsive enough. Lower the ping to 100 ms or even to 50 ms works wonders. Also the connection is pretty bad so you have to press skills twice in order for them to actually being executed sometimes.

And yes I think Sym is also right by adding more combos. Black Desert really shines with its combos.