A bit worried on possible gankfests

• A bit worried on possible gankfests

I've seen this vid from Steparu today:
      and I'm worried about all the gankfest going on : (

High level characters ganking low levels (the game shouldn't allow something like this without penalties).
      Pvp to enter in a dungeon.
      No safe zones (you can be attacked in towns while you're managing your resources, buying or else).
      +lvl30 quests are shared with opposite faction.
      Can't turn off the pvp flag.

That means pvp all the time : (

I don't mind a ganker or two or some pvp from time to time but exhaustive pvp always... That's a big turnoff.
      I understand the lore about having two factions and why the pvp is there but I find this a bit too much overdone.
      How are you guys dealing with this?
    • Yeah, I don't really care for PvP in MMOs either, so I'll just have to wait and see how it is when I reach this point. Something tells me I'll probably have to join a guild for protection, lol. I usually like soloing a lot in MMOs, but if I do that a lot here, I'm likely to get killed fairly regularly, even as an Assassin.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TetsuyaHikari ().

• Zakarosh wrote:

(...)
      Can't turn off the pvp flag.

That means pvp all the time : (

This item:
      for 10 minutes you won't participate in the war means you cannot be attacked and cannot help other people from your faction.
      I think the cooldown is 15 minutes in this version. Was 60 mins in CBT2 or 3.

It was a Gem Item in CBT3 but it will maybe be also a Cash Shop Item.

To be honest - I don't really care about Open World PvP and ganking. At a certain level or while playing it is always more efficient to play in groups. This will also force you to at least group play a little. If this was the western beta it would be really easier to group up. I also like to play Solo but to be honest that is not the real purpose of a MMORPG nor MORPG.

The thing is - this game takes it fairly easy on PvP encounters. You can resurrect on spot with Gems, there is no durability or item loss due corpse looting, no real honor loss. What's so bad about dying. You even can run to your corpse and res without the Death Penalty. At the moment it is just annoying. If there would be a serious loss connected to death then I'd understand your concerns.

Ultimately you have to decide what you want but to be honest if you not want to PvP what else is there for you to do in Bless?
      Most Crafting items are bind when getting it means you can't really play with the economy here besides supply item like Poitions, etc.
      Gathering items well could be interesting but still boils down to basic mats like ores, etc. and I don't think gathering 24/7 is that much enjoyable.
      PvE has it's perks and to me this game heavily feels like Aion 1.0 where Fire Temple and a few World Bosses where the PvE content. It can get better however I don't think the game will introduce much more content than Aion did.

If they decide to put level 50 as max level for the time being I think we could see some lvl 50 endgame dungeons. However still I think the game itself has only the PvP to over since it is also focused on that part which means people who don't like PvP may find it hard to even enjoy the game on the endgame level.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nito ().

• scapelexis wrote:

^^
      where can you get the item ?

anyway, open world pvp sure is fun, but sometimes can be very frustating
      lol, i think more updates will surely come for this game.

At the moment you only get it via daily login rewards, see Tauriel's thread: Daily free gift event (Calendar you get 1 gift(pet,cash money,mount,weapon) / day! )+Inventory Expand

However they will be part of the Gem Shop and I also think they will be part of the Cash Shop as well.
    • Nito, thanks for your response and for pointing out the existence of that item, that would ease the thing a bit.
      What more is for me than pvp in Bless? A ton of things for sure!
      Exploring all the races beginner zones, questing in all of them, trying different classes and see which one is better for my playstile, crafting, managing resources, taming pets, getting mounts (and collect them), collect costumes, beating dungeons, raids, getting gear, weapons, learning the different class builds and trying to be efficient with them. May I continue? : )

There's a world of things to do in mmo's apart from ripping our skins constantly. I'm not a solo player, I don't mind doing group content. I did it in many games and could do it in this one too. What I don't like is being constantly interrupted by gankers or ppls trying to stab me for no apparent reason. I agree on the thrill of defending your resources and heck, I like massive pvp battles. But the questing and walking in towns for resource managing, bank, auction, being in front of a dungeon... I don't need to pvp in there looking behind my shoulder all the time. It's only my opinion, nothing more, nothing else.
    • That's what we call a PvEboy... I think bless is definetively not for you.
      I don't want to be rude but doing all the thing you listed whitout danger is just not interesting. if your main goal is to do PvE stuff there are plent of MMO out. that can offer you more than bless :(.

i'm only lvl 30 i can't say more about the PvP but it seems that you have nothing to lose to do it so ...
    • Open world PVP is going to turn a lot of people off on this game. Some people like to have fun without being ganked over and over and over and over and over because some high level gets their jollies off on squishing small fry.

You can see what will happen. People will join, have fun, then ditch the game because a few jerks make it impossible to do quests or get to dungeons because they'll camp sensitive areas. Want to sell at the AH? Tough. Joe mc-MeSoKewl1447 wants to kill everyone.

Want to turn in a quest? Tough. This time it's MeSoHighLevelXTRA113333337/1 camping that site so no one can.

It'll cause a lot of hurt feelings and quitting, and that's a shame. Something like this will turn off casuals, who make up the bulk of the MMO community. No matter how pretty the game, if average players can't have fun with it, isn't going to go so well.

Ideally there'd be open PVP servers, and limited PVP servers. Something for everyone ... but catering to only one group isn't the best way to get a big audience for your MMO. Just my opinion, of course. As is everything.
    • Thank God there is PvP like that. I never get tired to repeat the same thing: Stop being a carebear and use the MAIN feature that a mmorpg is supposed to make people do: PARTY+CLANS+ALLIANCES

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Nukha wrote:

That's what we call a PvEboy... I think bless is definetively not for you.
      I don't want to be rude but doing all the thing you listed whitout danger is just not interesting. if your main goal is to do PvE stuff there are plent of MMO out. that can offer you more than bless :(.

i'm only lvl 30 i can't say more about the PvP but it seems that you have nothing to lose to do it so ...

I'll be the one deciding if the game is for me or not :)
      Go play another game or go elsewhere is not the best response to give imo.
      I don't like gankfests, but I can try the game and enjoy the first levels and then decide if stay or not depending on what I experience.
    • Zakarosh wrote:

I don't like gankfests, but I can try the game and enjoy the first levels and then decide if stay or not depending on what I experience.
      Ganking is a part of the OW PvP. And to avoid/repair/counterattack it there is one SIMPLE thing to do: Make a Party, create a Clan AND make an Alliance. These are all features that should be "forced" into every mmorpg.

And as i said, thank god Bless is that kind of game.

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Hate us all you like, look down on us with scorn and contempt ... but carebears, the people who play casually - you know, for fun - are the ones who spend the most money on MMOs. And they're not going to be spending a single cent on a game they don't want to play because it isn't fun for them.

Until and unless hardcore "kill all the other players 24/7, gank 'em, spank 'em, make it so they can't play the game 'cause that's hardkorez dooode!" spend a few thousand a week, every week, to make up for the lost income ... games like Bless aren't going to thrive.

Which is a shame. I like the looks of Bless and the classes and races.

But, it's not in NA, yet. And we don't know what the NA release (if there is one) will entail.

There's a reason WoW has such staying power. A reason why FFIV have such followings - followings and players who spend money every month on these games. Because it's fun for the majority of players.

I have nothing against PVP. I like PVP when it's done well.

But gank fests so some hardkore doode can get his kill count? If I wanted to hang out with those sorts of players I'd go back to highschool.
    • I'm not really sure whether this discussion should be ended or left open. I mean this is the same discussion I had 7 years ago when Aion came out. I had the same discussion when I started my 1st MMORPG Rappelz Epic 3.

Well I wrote a wall of text but to be honest - it doesn't really matter. This discussion will never end. My only fear is that they will morph the game to a point where the game is basically a whole different game from the original.

True to prevent high vs low level you can add a penalty system at a certain level difference (+/- 5 level for example). However in my view the peace declaration item is good enough. I mean I was in the shared territory while korean prime time and only had to use it once and just because the other koreans from union didn't really want to party up.

With the daily login rewards and the gem shop plus the cash shop I highly doubt they will put the peace declaration only into the cash shop. And since Blue Quests and Royal Quests will rewards gems I think it is somewhat safe to say that you will at least have a few from these items to spare.

But well... as said - this discussion is endless circle with no real end in sight.
    • People like circles, haha.

But I think with a few small alterations this open PVP could easily work. One thought, make the dove a permanent item. You can take it on or take it off as you like, letting people who want to PVP the ability to PVP and those who don't wouldn't have to.

Or one server for open PVP, one server for limited PVP. Anyhow, circles and circles and circles ...

And now I really want doughnuts. I blame you, Nito!
    • Making perma carebear item pretty much ruins the whole open world pvp. Look at the blade and soul and its stupid costume pvp.
      But making pve and pvp server is the best option. Lets not ruin the open pvp in this game.
    • Dewulf wrote:

Making perma carebear item pretty much ruins the whole open world pvp. Look at the blade and soul and its stupid costume pvp.
      But making pve and pvp server is the best option. Lets not ruin the open pvp in this game.

You not being able to gank other players ... ruins open pvp for you? You only able to pvp with people who *want* to pvp instead of people who don't want to pvp ... ruins open pvp for you?

So you'd rather gank players and ruin their game than have an item that allows other people to enjoy the game the way they want to?

Just to play devil's advocate. Personally I'm in favor of RP/PVE servers and PVP servers being separate ... but still having arena PVP on both.
    Peria Chronicles