Combat. Anyone else feel it needs work?

• FliP wrote:

You are right, I don't have to play the game. And yes, that Black Desert has one of the best combat system is purely my opinion based of years of MMORPG experience. By the way, those light effects can be turned off in the settings, so talking down an very good, fast paced combo action combat system because of light effects looks like trying to find a reason to complain about.

You are also missing the point here. It is not about action combat at all, but rather that Bless' combat system is very basic and is bringing the game down.

My issue with combat is not the ping or anything related to playing a overseas version. Maybe you people should take some more time reading and understanding the forum, because I keep reading assumptions and false accusations on my behalf, and it is becoming boring after a while.

I am sorry to be the person to break it down for you, but the gaming industry is a business. All they care about is making money. Since Bless is going to be a Free to Play game, money will be made temporarily through Founder Packs, and in the long run through microtransactions. Those microtransactions will either just be convencience and vanity, or even p2w for more profit. With that being said, the publisher needs a large playerbase that will buy their convenience and vanity items. The only problem is, nobody needs the same costume twice, so people that have already purchased items have nothing further to spend their money on, which will lead to decreased revenue and "problems" from the higher ups, that will demand more money to fill their pockets. This is when P2W Items will hit the cash shop, make some quick money and drive the rest of the passionate community away.

This sort of went offtopic, but what I meant to say is that Neowiz and Aeria cannot afford losing potential players due to a too basic combat system. They need every player they can get or they won't make enough money and, as I mentioned, if not enough money is made, drastic measures in form of P2W are taken. We all know P2W games fail.

To break it down once again, I am not asking for a brand new system, a complete revamp or anything similar. I am asking for an improvement of the current system.

I am not hurting your precious game. quite the opposite, I am trying to make it better. You won't have fun with your favorite combat system if you will only have a handful of people to play it with. According to what I have read, heard and seen, there are more people disliking the combat system than the ones that are liking it. If (this is purely my own estimate) every 3rd player is turning his back to the game due to the combat system, then that is not good for Neowiz and Aeria. A lot of lost revenue.
      Agree. Since I had lost interest in bless
      Because the combat was unenjoyable.

But what should I say..
      To me, bless online feels like true MMORPG.

Combat systems are basic. Yeah.
      But I think they should overhaul the PVE content. Not about combat system
    • I don't think this Flip person even played the game...
      he literally said you can't dodge in this game...
      but using shift is critical in avoiding some mortal attacks by bosses and skills in pvp in order to stay alive....
      the mage shift skill makes you immune to attacks while teleporting, as well as the paladin, and pretty much all other shift skills from what i've seen...

just because black desert has cleave damage and the same 5 skills spammed in a different string every 15 seconds doesn't make it a great combat system
      a lot of players stated in the bdo forums that combat gets pretty dull after all the shiny-ness wears off as it's not that much variety...
      you're entitled to your opinion but writing off bless as having a terrible combat system is truly ignorant in my opinion, and looking at your posts i'm wondering if you even played it for yourself to judge

"quit after playing 10 minutes" oh no wonder i disregard your opinion... you clearly took such a in depth look at combat and actually took time to utilize it... /sarcasm :blesscuriosity:
    • Symeria wrote:

To be honest, I prefer tab target and I think that the latency makes the combat a disaster to us. Check out this korean video gameplay, the combat looks so different from what we're used to see when we play with high ping:

facebook.com/Pmang.Bless/videos/889450361177018/

We also need to remember that the game is still in early stage, lv45, they can't speed up the combat too much now cause we'll probably see a lot of buffs and equipments that improve the speed.
      I just realized this guy is on the heiron faction of my server lol i was there when he was killing those afk people in basel gorge union camp.... ugh i tried killing him but he was in some weird spot
    • Yes, this "Flip person" did play the game. If you guys want to keep talking about Black Desert, then please go here: black-desert.com

As you said, I am entitled to have my own opinion and people here are once again assuming "I don't think this Flip person even played the game". You should rely on facts and not assumptions. I could assume the world is going to end tomorrow, but that is not a fact.

Mages may have a teleport ability, but I am playing Berserker. Berserkers can roll, but they have no proper dodging ability that will deny incoming damage if timed right.

I also once again have to repeat - read carefully and understand what you are reading. Yes, I said that I quit within 10 minutes after first trying the game. I also said that combat is playable on second try once you get used to it.
    • FliP wrote:

Yes, this "Flip person" did play the game. If you guys want to keep talking about Black Desert, then please go here: black-desert.com

As you said, I am entitled to have my own opinion and people here are once again assuming "I don't think this Flip person even played the game". You should rely on facts and not assumptions. I could assume the world is going to end tomorrow, but that is not a fact.

Mages may have a teleport ability, but I am playing Berserker. Berserkers can roll, but they have no proper dodging ability that will deny incoming damage if timed right.

I also once again have to repeat - read carefully and understand what you are reading. Yes, I said that I quit within 10 minutes after first trying the game. I also said that combat is playable on second try once you get used to it.
      i simply brought up bdo because you're stating that as the best combat yet it also has flaws
      and comparing tab to action combat is really odd as they are far different and offer different forms of skill and strategy

as for berserker's shift while it may not stop dmg it can be used a lot more often than the mage shift skill for example and when i fight them they can get out of cc with shift, they also have strong gap closers and high crit abilities, their combat is actually some of the most dynamic and idk what level you reached by the berserker is actually one of the most popular classes in the game at the moment for their mobility, survivibility, and overall damage output
    • "One of the best" does not guarantee it is flawless. Even the best system may have its flaws.

I did not compare Bless with Black Desert, I compared Bless with Echo of Soul - same combat system, EoS is a low budget game, yet does it better than Bless. That is the problem I am trying to address here, but people keep missing the point and bring Black Desert into the discussion.

Tab targeting is fine, but for such as huge game (I consider Bless a AAA title, although it doesn't look like one), the combat system is just not good enough (considering a low budget game can do it better).
    • FliP wrote:

"One of the best" does not guarantee it is flawless. Even the best system may have its flaws.

I did not compare Bless with Black Desert, I compared Bless with Echo of Soul - same combat system, EoS is a low budget game, yet does it better than Bless. That is the problem I am trying to address here, but people keep missing the point and bring Black Desert into the discussion.

Tab targeting is fine, but for such as huge game (I consider Bless a AAA title, although it doesn't look like one), the combat system is just not good enough (considering a low budget game can do it better).
      i just looked up echo of souls and.... what?
      i'm not sure where and what aspects of this combat outdoes bless by any means
      not only can you not attack and move (which adds fluidity when playing bless) but it looks even clunkier than any slow skill i've seen in bless
      sure they do crazy flips, but what does it add that makes it better than bless in your opinion? you said it's more fluid but i don't see that at all
      bless gets more fluid when you learn more abilities and are able to chain them together which is around lvl 25
    • FliP wrote:

You are right, I don't have to play the game. And yes, that Black Desert has one of the best combat system is purely my opinion based of years of MMORPG experience. By the way, those light effects can be turned off in the settings, so talking down an very good, fast paced combo action combat system because of light effects looks like trying to find a reason to complain about.

You are also missing the point here. It is not about action combat at all, but rather that Bless' combat system is very basic and is bringing the game down.

My issue with combat is not the ping or anything related to playing a overseas version. Maybe you people should take some more time reading and understanding the forum, because I keep reading assumptions and false accusations on my behalf, and it is becoming boring after a while.

I am sorry to be the person to break it down for you, but the gaming industry is a business. All they care about is making money. Since Bless is going to be a Free to Play game, money will be made temporarily through Founder Packs, and in the long run through microtransactions. Those microtransactions will either just be convencience and vanity, or even p2w for more profit. With that being said, the publisher needs a large playerbase that will buy their convenience and vanity items. The only problem is, nobody needs the same costume twice, so people that have already purchased items have nothing further to spend their money on, which will lead to decreased revenue and "problems" from the higher ups, that will demand more money to fill their pockets. This is when P2W Items will hit the cash shop, make some quick money and drive the rest of the passionate community away.

This sort of went offtopic, but what I meant to say is that Neowiz and Aeria cannot afford losing potential players due to a too basic combat system. They need every player they can get or they won't make enough money and, as I mentioned, if not enough money is made, drastic measures in form of P2W are taken. We all know P2W games fail.

To break it down once again, I am not asking for a brand new system, a complete revamp or anything similar. I am asking for an improvement of the current system.

I am not hurting your precious game. quite the opposite, I am trying to make it better. You won't have fun with your favorite combat system if you will only have a handful of people to play it with. According to what I have read, heard and seen, there are more people disliking the combat system than the ones that are liking it. If (this is purely my own estimate) every 3rd player is turning his back to the game due to the combat system, then that is not good for Neowiz and Aeria. A lot of lost revenue.
      You're not breaking down anyone, dont worry.. the game has not been launched on the west and it's still in early stage in Korea, our oppinion is not enough to break down anything regarding the game, at least not yet. I agree when you say that gaming industry is a business, that's why I think that Bless will be probably the last true MMORPG to be launched, not these hack'n slash mmo games without healers that we're seeing on the last 2-3 years. The market has changed, Koreans don't' play MMO's like 5 years ago, now its all about mobile games and MOBA's. It happened with Bless, BDO and it will happen with Lost Ark. Lost Ark will be launched with 10-20 servers and on the next few months they will be reduced to 1/4. It's all about the hype, marketing... we didn't have so many MMO games to play 5-8 years ago, the market has changed, now we have too many games with less players and Bless focus must be players from Lineage II, Aion, WoW and this kind of game. The game will be propably become p2w sometime like all other f2p MMORPG's on the last years, the question is how much p2w it'll become. Back to the combat, the combat in Bless in my oppinion is ok, its not great (at least not yet) but it's the "universe" of the game that keeps me playing. It's almost the same situation as FF (A Realm Reborn) and WoW, the combat is a simple old tab-target system, but their world is enough to keep their players online. My concern about Bless atm is the end game content, they launched the game too early and now they're running against the time to bring us new content.
    • We are slowly starting to speak common language here.
      It is also the fantasy universe, 'oldschool' class system and faction conflict that got me interested. Combat may become better at later stages, I haven't played that far yet, but it is noticable in early stages that the combat system is lacking features, and this is noticed by many potential players.

Since the game is still in an early stage, I do believe a few improvements can be worked on in time for EU/NA Open Beta. I do not expect, but I hope.

If people don't voice their concerns, nothing will be done about it.
    • Symeria wrote:

FliP wrote:

You're not breaking down anyone, dont worry.. the game has not been launched on the west and it's still in early stage in Korea, our oppinion is not enough to break down anything regarding the game, at least not yet. I agree when you say that gaming industry is a business, that's why I think that Bless will be probably the last true MMORPG to be launched, not these hack'n slash mmo games without healers that we're seeing on the last 2-3 years. The market has changed, Koreans don't' play MMO's like 5 years ago, now its all about mobile games and MOBA's. It happened with Bless, BDO and it will happen with Lost Ark. Lost Ark will be launched with 10-20 servers and on the next few months they will be reduced to 1/4. It's all about the hype, marketing... we didn't have so many MMO games to play 5-8 years ago, the market has changed, now we have too many games with less players and Bless focus must be players from Lineage II, Aion, WoW and this kind of game. The game will be propably become p2w sometime like all other f2p MMORPG's on the last years, the question is how much p2w it'll become. Back to the combat, the combat in Bless in my oppinion is ok, its not great (at least not yet) but it's the "universe" of the game that keeps me playing. It's almost the same situation as FF (A Realm Reborn) and WoW, the combat is a simple old tab-target system, but their world is enough to keep their players online. My concern about Bless atm is the end game content, they launched the game too early and now they're running against the time to bring us new content.
      i agree about content end game
      having this temp top teir gear i havo no reason to do anything on my mage or paladin
      my goal was good gear to do things but i have nothing to use it on
    • Fiddu wrote:

All i want is running around while casting spells as a range class. This alone would improve the gameplay so much.
      have you played the game yet? being able to cast every single spell as a long range class would be game breaking, more so for mages and less so for rangers
      there is just too much power put into these immobile spells, that's what makes them fair.... being able to cast all the op spells while moving would make fighting melee champs ridiculously easy
      both long range classes have some instant cast nuke abilities in their kit already, so making more skills be not only powerful but mobile will simply shift the community into only playing them
    • Puremystic wrote:

Fiddu wrote:

All i want is running around while casting spells as a range class. This alone would improve the gameplay so much.
      have you played the game yet? being able to cast every single spell as a long range class would be game breaking, more so for mages and less so for rangersthere is just too much power put into these immobile spells, that's what makes them fair.... being able to cast all the op spells while moving would make fighting melee champs ridiculously easy
      both long range classes have some instant cast nuke abilities in their kit already, so making more skills be not only powerful but mobile will simply shift the community into only playing them
      It's always possible to tweak the numbers to balance for that. Granting/removing movement does not preclude them from adjusting numbers. There's almost weekly balance patches, so who knows what state the game will be in come 2017. I will reserve my judgement on combat until I play it this fall. That said, as long as the combat is as good as Cabal Online, Lineage 2, or Everquest 2, it will be more than good enough for me.