Bless EU/NA Status Update 9/13/16

• Carsomyr wrote:

Palutena wrote:

rpgmaniac wrote:

Carsomyr wrote:

...the game needs a couple of tweaks to be able to penetrate the western MMO market...
      Does those tweaks you are referring to also include censoring? I would like to know early on if you have such plans for the game in order to stop bother, censoring is something I can't tolerate in games or anywhere else so if you are planning to bring the game in our region butchered would you be kind enough to inform everyone right now?
      I think they're probably gonna censor the sex scene in the Hieron story where there's Mathias having fun with Leoni. But sincerely i do hope they won't censor the killing scenes, they're brutal but they really capture the meaning of war between the factions.
      We are not planning to censor any sex scenes or any other mature content in the game. Who are we to censor mighty Mathias Habihi? :D

Very glad to hear that & thx for answering that, I'm sure lot's of people would like to know also, I hope what you said is true & nothing is going to change later on, if the game doesn't have issues with censoring then the next subject which is the most important one will always be p2w, I'm sure you are aware of how important this subject is to the success of this game in our region, the past years publishers often use terms like "pay2progress/advance faster" & they surpass the limits of what is acceptable for a lot of people, if we are talking for a game that is focused on PvE/Raids then it will be easier for people to accept some stuff but when we are talking for a PvP focused game like BLESS which btw is a faction game that force people to fight each other from the start, then things become very serious because we are talking for a competitive game & competitive people want more than anything else to fight on equal terms with anyone else.

You can't expect to attract the PvP community on the game you are publishing when there is no "fair" environment & wallet-warriors can use their credit card to come on top, have that in mind & remember that it's very important to be honest with the community, everything Aeria say right now will be kept as evidence later on if you decide to do a U-turn & go back on your words/promises, I hope Aeria won't act as dishonest as DAUM/kakao did who treat their customers like crap & don't respect them at all, in my mind Aeria must succeed were everyone else fail not only for themselves but for the entirety of the MMORPG community in the West, this industry is badly hurt atm & imo another wound would be end up be fatal, so plz Aeria, don't put the final nail in the coffin if you really care about this industry.
    • i can wait if its worth it at the end. i hope they make it so that the UI is smarter instead of mobs sitting there ignoring you until you attack each one separately. also if they want to make it so that the action movement of the chars were a bit faster then it wouldnt look like the game is slugging. the worst possible thing that could happen is that the mmo part of the game becomes so lag due to multiple chars using multiple attacks at same time that the game freezes up. it looks good but i would only play if its f2p otherwise it just not worth it. can generate revenue selling faster mounts or exp boosters for those that want to lvl faster and pay for it.
    • cowcrowing wrote:

i can wait if its worth it at the end. i hope they make it so that the UI is smarter instead of mobs sitting there ignoring you until you attack each one separately. also if they want to make it so that the action movement of the chars were a bit faster then it wouldnt look like the game is slugging. the worst possible thing that could happen is that the mmo part of the game becomes so lag due to multiple chars using multiple attacks at same time that the game freezes up. it looks good but i would only play if its f2p otherwise it just not worth it. can generate revenue selling faster mounts or exp boosters for those that want to lvl faster and pay for it.
      I'm sure you meant Artificial Intelligence, not User Interface.
    • Thank you, i really did mean AI, as for overall rng or p2win etc. i would like to post this link to a review of blackdesert and why even a die hard fan of mmorpg and game review personality would give up on it. I hope this gives the coders/programmers/designers an idea what mistakes to avoid. Believing that making it not F2P is going to make any difference at all in deterring hackers, bots, etc. did nothing good for black desert , please dont make the mistakes they did. there are so many smarter ways to create interest and revenue and also at the same time give you more time to create content and patches and updates, rather than dealing with a community complaining about all them bots and hackers.

Best luck, i hope you guys take some of how blackdesert failed into consideration.
    • As a long time MMORPG and Black Desert player, I have to comment on this.
      A business model has nothing to do with keeping hackers away. Hackers will find their way to exploit anything and everything, sooner or later.
      LazyPeon, from the above linked video, mentioned hackers and exploiters. However, those vulnerabilities have been blocked and hackers banned long ago. As I said, this happens to every MMO and will happen to Bless as well. There probably are korean bots already and it won't be long after western release before we will see first western bots.

The important part in all of this is how long the publisher and developer require to address this issue. Kakao Games and Pearl Abyss took quite a while, but all considering, they took care of it rather fast compared to how long it can take in other MMOs, if it gets fixed at all.

One thing above all I'd like to see is frequent contact between the community and Aeria Games, as well as Aeria Games and Neowiz. Aeria Games has had many cases in the past in which the developer simply would not cooperate or even respond (DK Online, just one example). Kakao Games is being rather shy when it comes to communicating with their community, which is driving some people insane and paranoid.

Back to commenting the video: that video is mainly about a persons opinions why he left and did not like the game. Black Desert is a huge game with a variety of activities and features - it offers something for everyone. Now, he mentioned that he did not have the time to remain competitive (or what he believed is "competitive"), while also repeatedly mentioning castle sieges being the main thing he wanted to do in the game. In Black Desert you do not need to be the highest level to be competitive, being 2-3 levels behind the currently highest level is fine as long as your gear is good. As of minute 3 of the video, he is basically just ranting, almost crying, and that is basically what most of BDO Youtube content is about and this is why I advise to make own opinions before trusting what you hear in those videos.

I would also like to get an answer whether the combat change will be worldwide or just for western release, mainly because of two reasons:
      - I want to test it out before making a final decision if I am going to play this game or not
      - I don't trust in different versions per region and would not want our version to be a experimental one that will eventually fail
    • FliP wrote:

As a long time MMORPG and Black Desert player, I have to comment on this.
      A business model has nothing to do with keeping hackers away. Hackers will find their way to exploit anything and everything, sooner or later.
      LazyPeon, from the above linked video, mentioned hackers and exploiters. However, those vulnerabilities have been blocked and hackers banned long ago. As I said, this happens to every MMO and will happen to Bless as well. There probably are korean bots already and it won't be long after western release before we will see first western bots.

The important part in all of this is how long the publisher and developer require to address this issue. Kakao Games and Pearl Abyss took quite a while, but all considering, they took care of it rather fast compared to how long it can take in other MMOs, if it gets fixed at all.

One thing above all I'd like to see is frequent contact between the community and Aeria Games, as well as Aeria Games and Neowiz. Aeria Games has had many cases in the past in which the developer simply would not cooperate or even respond (DK Online, just one example). Kakao Games is being rather shy when it comes to communicating with their community, which is driving some people insane and paranoid.

Back to commenting the video: that video is mainly about a persons opinions why he left and did not like the game. Black Desert is a huge game with a variety of activities and features - it offers something for everyone. Now, he mentioned that he did not have the time to remain competitive (or what he believed is "competitive"), while also repeatedly mentioning castle sieges being the main thing he wanted to do in the game. In Black Desert you do not need to be the highest level to be competitive, being 2-3 levels behind the currently highest level is fine as long as your gear is good. As of minute 3 of the video, he is basically just ranting, almost crying, and that is basically what most of BDO Youtube content is about and this is why I advise to make own opinions before trusting what you hear in those videos.

I would also like to get an answer whether the combat change will be worldwide or just for western release, mainly because of two reasons:
      - I want to test it out before making a final decision if I am going to play this game or not
      - I don't trust in different versions per region and would not want our version to be a experimental one that will eventually fail
      Players dont give a crap about what the "business" model of aeria or any company that runs these games are or how they fix it after the fact. The issues pointed out by the video are apparent.
      1- having to pay to play the game did not deter any time of botting or hacking to by players, so for all those that say paying for it will deter anyone out to make a profit, YOUR NUTS!
      2- the player from BD mentioned how they sold him one outfit only to then have a new a better one sold later which made his purchase crap in comparison. So once again the issue is if you are going to rely heavily on selling UBER armor to make a profit from players. DO IT FKING ONCE! aka its a 1 time profit or players who get the OLD model are going to quit cause you keep trying to selling them newer and better every now and then which noone who already paying for a game wants to do ON TOP of everything else they probably paid to get in game.
      3- you completely omitted why he felt he was no longer at a competitive level its because the equipment difference between PAID FOR GEAR, and just playing the game and getting gear were SO unbalanced that noone wanted someone in their part or seige who didnt have the newest PAID FOR GEAR; and as a result it became such a fail since there is always going to be a new SALE on better.

As I have said before; if games like Ragnarok online and, BD, have not shown is that if you start trying to spend more time making up SELL items to keep the game interesting or make money. In the long run your game will fail. its that simple, there are so many ways to make revenue without creating such a gap between the pay and non paying players.

ei, as mentioned before Exp booster ,, 10% more exp boost on use for n period of time. <if someone wants to pay 20 bucks to lvl to 1000 in 1 hour, idc!!>
      ei mounts that provide faster travel speed/combat mounts. enable player to fight while on mount... <does this make them better then non mounted players...nooooo.. having a mount would provide a slight increase in agi and atk speed , which if some1 wants to pay $ for then who cares, idc.>
      ei, character outfits, .. if a player wants to have an outfit that provides some minor stats boost will that make them UBER compare to others NO... but its a choice with a minor bonus.
      ei.. Pets.. if player wants to own a pet that can carry, retrieve or atk, you just have to make it so that the pet is NOT uber and by comparison its not a big dif to have or not, its just a bonus.

OR if you dont like you can always do what BD online did try to force a pay subscription, get them bots anyway cause "hackers" will only find it more enterprising to bot and hack a limited resource with less players and high demand.

Business model for most games now a days seem to be make quick profit and leave, its sad cause you invest so much time into something, you would hope it last longer, players and programmers alike.
    • cowcrowing wrote:

FliP wrote:

As a long time MMORPG and Black Desert player, I have to comment on this.

Players dont give a crap about what the "business" model of aeria or any company that runs these games are or how they fix it after the fact. The issues pointed out by the video are apparent.1- having to pay to play the game did not deter any time of botting or hacking to by players, so for all those that say paying for it will deter anyone out to make a profit, YOUR NUTS!
      2- the player from BD mentioned how they sold him one outfit only to then have a new a better one sold later which made his purchase crap in comparison. So once again the issue is if you are going to rely heavily on selling UBER armor to make a profit from players. DO IT FKING ONCE! aka its a 1 time profit or players who get the OLD model are going to quit cause you keep trying to selling them newer and better every now and then which noone who already paying for a game wants to do ON TOP of everything else they probably paid to get in game.
      3- you completely omitted why he felt he was no longer at a competitive level its because the equipment difference between PAID FOR GEAR, and just playing the game and getting gear were SO unbalanced that noone wanted someone in their part or seige who didnt have the newest PAID FOR GEAR; and as a result it became such a fail since there is always going to be a new SALE on better.

As I have said before; if games like Ragnarok online and, BD, have not shown is that if you start trying to spend more time making up SELL items to keep the game interesting or make money. In the long run your game will fail. its that simple, there are so many ways to make revenue without creating such a gap between the pay and non paying players.

ei, as mentioned before Exp booster ,, 10% more exp boost on use for n period of time. <if someone wants to pay 20 bucks to lvl to 1000 in 1 hour, idc!!>
      ei mounts that provide faster travel speed/combat mounts. enable player to fight while on mount... <does this make them better then non mounted players...nooooo.. having a mount would provide a slight increase in agi and atk speed , which if some1 wants to pay $ for then who cares, idc.>
      ei, character outfits, .. if a player wants to have an outfit that provides some minor stats boost will that make them UBER compare to others NO... but its a choice with a minor bonus.
      ei.. Pets.. if player wants to own a pet that can carry, retrieve or atk, you just have to make it so that the pet is NOT uber and by comparison its not a big dif to have or not, its just a bonus.

OR if you dont like you can always do what BD online did try to force a pay subscription, get them bots anyway cause "hackers" will only find it more enterprising to bot and hack a limited resource with less players and high demand.

Business model for most games now a days seem to be make quick profit and leave, its sad cause you invest so much time into something, you would hope it last longer, players and programmers alike.
      Before you comment about something you know nothing about, you should inform yourself first.

1. There are no "better" costumes, they all have the same "stats". They come with combat exp bonuses and death penalty decrease. Maybe a few months ago, long after the video above has been published, they released different kinds of costumes and rebranded costumes as "outfits" and introduced costumes with different effects, for example a fishing costume that improves fishing skill, a horse taming costume that improves horse exp gain. There also is a controversial costume type, called Ghillie suit (although the name ghillie appears nowhere in the game, great example of how a few stupid people can brainwash a whole community), which are camouflage sets that hide your name in open world when equipped. They used to hide names in Sieges as well, but were nerfed since.

2. There is no paying for gear. Everything you have has to be farmed/bought with your own work and playtime. Also, there are no "better" outfits and costumes, they all have the same stats. You cannot classify a costume to be "better" just because you like the appearance more.

3. Since you are referring to gear as costumes, there is no gap between paying and non paying players. You can buy costumes from the marketplace without paying a cent on them.

4. Adding vanity items to the cash shop is not how a game fails, it is how it sustains. Just because you feel you need to own everything does not mean it will fail by losing your interest and dissatisfaction.

"<if someone wants to pay 20 bucks to lvl to 1000 in 1 hour, idc!!>" First of all, you are nuts. Secondly, a 10% exp boost will maybe make you grind a few hours less compared to the 7 days of nonstop grinding to level up.

You're the perfect example why I don't recommend people to get "knowledge" and "information" from youtubers. You pretend to know something, but don't know anything at all.
    • Carsomyr wrote:

Hi all,

Ingame performance: Neowiz Bless Studio is putting the most effort and planning to improve the performance aspects of massive battle contents such as Siege of Castra, Capital War, Raid etc. to provide the players the best gaming environment.

Combat System: As many of you might know, the combat system as of now feels unresponsive and the action combat is not on par with current generation action MMORPGs. Neowiz will be working on both tab targeting and action combat systems to have better combat experience in both systems. In the end of the day, combat is a very important aspect of every MMO and needs to feel good to keep players entertained in combat.

Best Regards,
      Carsomyr
      These two items are exactly what is crippling ESO right now. It's been out for 2 and half years and they still don't have working combat or stable performance. It still feels like beta and the two issues you mention have caused a steady bleed of players. If you think about it ESO is really strong on content and story, but that alone cannot hold the game together if the combat is poor. It really makes a difference.

Right now their studies show that players leave after a month and half so they dedicated themselves to content releases and are years behind even basic fixes like gap closers. Morale and faith is almost non existent in the community at this point. It's so important to start strong and favor quality over quantity. Quantity may get high peaks on the front edge of the update wave, but Quality will always keep the water level high.

These two issues are exactly why I will be leaving my current MMO. So hearing you say "hey, wait a little longer guys because we care about the quality of your experience" makes me more excited to play this when it finally releases.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Armitas ().

• Carsomyr wrote:

Combat System: As many of you might know, the combat system as of now feels unresponsive and the action combat is not on par with current generation action MMORPGs. Neowiz will be working on both tab targeting and action combat systems to have better combat experience in both systems. In the end of the day, combat is a very important aspect of every MMO and needs to feel good to keep players entertained in combat.
      I've watched many videos on youtube, from many classes, and indeed the combat system, doesn't seem to be too action, compared to Tera or/and Blade and Soul. Two games that i have played in the past.

Seems somewhat more slow paced, and that many skill attacks have something like an animation lock, restricting movement and not providing a flawless action combat system.

BUT, all depend on under which perspective you examine them. What i see in the combat system of Bless as it is now, is a sense of realism. Your brain has somewhat enough time to react. I personally like that.

So in my opinion instead of Neowiz try to hard to imitate an action combat style, which probably will end up bad, why don't they insist on what they have, and strengthen a realistic combat system, promoting it as a futuristic feature of the game?

Those action combat system games (Tera, BnS, BDO, Revelations) have a big minus. You press 3 buttons, and your cartoon performs 10 animation attacks in half second. Maybe it provides enough excitement to the user at first, but in the end, turns too bad because such combat system, get too much PING sensitive, driving people away from intercontinental game play, PvP, explicit PvE mechanics.
    • otinane wrote:

Carsomyr wrote:

I've watched many videos on youtube, from many classes, and indeed the combat system, doesn't seem to be too action, compared to Tera or/and Blade and Soul. Two games that i have played in the past.
      Seems somewhat more slow paced, and that many skill attacks have something like an animation lock, restricting movement and not providing a flawless action combat system.

BUT, all depend on under which perspective you examine them. What i see in the combat system of Bless as it is now, is a sense of realism. Your brain has somewhat enough time to react. I personally like that.

So in my opinion instead of Neowiz try to hard to imitate an action combat style, which probably will end up bad, why don't they insist on what they have, and strengthen a realistic combat system, promoting it as a futuristic feature of the game?

Those action combat system games (Tera, BnS, BDO, Revelations) have a big minus. You press 3 buttons, and your cartoon performs 10 animation attacks in half second. Maybe it provides enough excitement to the user at first, but in the end, turns too bad because such combat system, get too much PING sensitive, driving people away from intercontinental game play, PvP, explicit PvE mechanics.
      please note that they said they would improve the current combat system and in no way try to reform either available style into more "action-y" even the free target isn't too bad like bdo or w/e
      and i too enjoy the strategy behind tab targetting and slower spells.... gives you plenty of time to set up combos and work better, but i do wish they had more reaction skills or chain skills
    • Puremystic wrote:

otinane wrote:

Carsomyr wrote:

I've watched many videos on youtube, from many classes, and indeed the combat system, doesn't seem to be too action, compared to Tera or/and Blade and Soul. Two games that i have played in the past.Seems somewhat more slow paced, and that many skill attacks have something like an animation lock, restricting movement and not providing a flawless action combat system.

please note that they said they would improve the current combat system and in no way try to reform either available style into more "action-y" even the free target isn't too bad like bdo or w/eand i too enjoy the strategy behind tab targetting and slower spells.... gives you plenty of time to set up combos and work better, but i do wish they had more reaction skills or chain skills
      Thats it, I agree... its impossible to rebuild the combat, since the game has been developed for several years with tab-targetting system, but they can improve it adding more chain skills or improving the "auto attack" skill somehow. I don't like the "auto-attack" thing but sometimes its useful when you're moving to avoid aoes. I also think they should add some 6v6 or 12v12 instances like the 'Dredgion' in Aion, and camps to conquer.. I'm also expecting new maps for 100v100.
    • Now there's some good ideas! A better AI for mobs, new maps for 100 vs 100 otherwise repetitiveness and lack of challenge might help killing the game or player activity.
      Since they already put us in a instance based on the map, they just need to choose another area of the map to make it into another instance. For example one in Hieron where you have those huge walking trees that would be a good instance map for 100 vs 100, because according with Bless history there's a war of attrition over there, and small details like this could help Bless to not become another generic and repetitive MMO.
      And another thing, I don't like to bring anyone hopes down but please don't start creating a ton of expectations for a new and way much better combat system, it just won't happen.

Does anyone remembers the first video back in 2012 gameplay? how the UI was so basic. And then two years later (2014) they changed all of that which was an amazing improvement, much more beautiful and clear UI...until then they didn't touch much on the combat system because they had already decided that Bless would be a new version of the Old Trilogy MMO'S (Aion, Lineage, etc) where they planned to have an improved version of tab targeting combat giving a bit more freedom to berserker and assassin only. Well everyone can check that on interviews made with Neowiz Devs back then and you will find out what their plans and intentions were for Bless.

Bless was never supposed to be a action combat mmo, that's the sad truth...even tho i do prefer action combat, sometimes that's not what makes you play a game for a long time or come to love it, Neowiz only changed that after that huge negative feedback on the combat system right after the first closed beta, this happened like 2 years ago.
      Is action combat an important factor? yes but there are other factors which can also be more important...
      I'll give you an example, i played C9 (Continent Of the Ninth) for a long time, which has BY FAR the most amazing combat system that i have ever experienced in a rpg...that's right you heard me TERA, Blade and Soul, Vindictus and BLack Desert fans...(Its war now xD).
      But eventually i left it, i won't say that's a bad game, specially if you want real PVP competition and have match of 1+ hour that will make you sweat like if you were running a marathon then feel free to try that game.
      However what made me stop playing that game and lose interest despite the amazing combat system it has, was...a instance based world, basically a non open world and the repetitiveness of instances/dungeons.
      It's not a lot i know but it's enough to make you bored of it, well at least it was for me.

Then you have AeriaGames, which i'm not trying to pick a bone with, but you guys did a terrible job with Dragon Knights you have to admit that. A game with a lot of potential and i will dare to say this, it had similar aspects with Bless, specially the feline race, the guild vs guild and castle raids, we had to form alliances to conquer and own a castle/territory and the realm vs realm was good too. And specially the tomb or labyrinth with the Succubus Queen as the boss, it was like in those RPG Mangas or Light Novels.
      But the way you handled the game and putting it on Hiatus/Standby and never really fixing 1000 issues that it had, people were still willing to wait for it, i was waiting for 2 years, funny part is that the one in Korea is still operating and they even added new classes, and it's sad that Dragon Knight never had a chance to properly shine in the Western Market.

Which brings my concern on how you AeriaGames will handle things with Bless...which will be also a open world game like DK was. I believe it's best to keep things real and not hype it too much, i have played Bless i know what it does and doesn't have to offer. In my opinion it's pointless for people to expect that Bless combat system will improve to the levels of Tera or BS, but everyone is free to disagree and wish or even dream.
    • Can`t wait for the game to finally come to Europe. I`m literally living in a country next to Russia and am disappointed that i still can`t play it ;(. I hope it`s worth the waiting. Wish all my best to the developers and support staff. Game looks great from what I`ve see on the Internet so far.
    • P.o.n.r. wrote:

Can`t wait for the game to finally come to Europe. I`m literally living in a country next to Russia and am disappointed that i still can`t play it ;(. I hope it`s worth the waiting. Wish all my best to the developers and support staff. Game looks great from what I`ve see on the Internet so far.
      Just use VPN to enter the Russian Client and cut it off.
      Simple :)
    • nireyes25 wrote:

P.o.n.r. wrote:

Can`t wait for the game to finally come to Europe. I`m literally living in a country next to Russia and am disappointed that i still can`t play it ;(. I hope it`s worth the waiting. Wish all my best to the developers and support staff. Game looks great from what I`ve see on the Internet so far.
      Just use VPN to enter the Russian Client and cut it off.Simple :)
      and the translation into English ??
    Peria Chronicles