Bless EU/NA Status Update 9/13/16

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Bless EU/NA Status Update 9/13/16

      Hi all,

      I told you that we would make an update after the Gamescom as well as C-Level meetings Neowiz and Aeria had and now I’d like to update you about the current status of the game. Unfortunately, we couldn’t come up with a fix launch date and milestones like close beta tests and open beta tests because the project is bigger than expected and the game needs a couple of tweaks to be able to penetrate the western MMO market and to have a stable and sustainable future in there.

      We as Aeria Games want to deliver you the best Bless version as possible. The game has a great lore behind its world, solid gameplay and a big potential to become a sustainable and long lasting MMORPG in the western market. In order to make that happen though, we need to deliver a more polished and complete product. We are still talking about what the change needs are and what needs to be done before the game comes to the western market. Here are a couple of things that Neowiz Bless Studio will be working on:

      Ingame performance: Neowiz Bless Studio is putting the most effort and planning to improve the performance aspects of massive battle contents such as Siege of Castra, Capital War, Raid etc. to provide the players the best gaming environment.

      Combat System: As many of you might know, the combat system as of now feels unresponsive and the action combat is not on par with current generation action MMORPGs. Neowiz will be working on both tab targeting and action combat systems to have better combat experience in both systems. In the end of the day, combat is a very important aspect of every MMO and needs to feel good to keep players entertained in combat.

      These are two of many changes, which will come to with the western release of Bless. I understand from a player perspective that it sucks to wait for a game for an indefinite amount of time but on the other hand, it is going to be above your expectations and is going to be a blast once the game is there. Meanwhile, we will be finalizing the list of action items together with Neowiz to finalize the release date. I’ll let you know once we have more concrete information.

      Best Regards,
      Carsomyr
    • Bless is more like a rough diamond right now so i'm glad that you will take your time with it. Guess it's way too early to announce a beta or release anyway since the game is still in open beta in korea.
      Everyone who already played the game will definitely appreciate your decisions.
    • I have been waiting yrs for this game. I know it takes diligence and hard work to meet our exacting standards but TBH I have given up waiting for any sort of testing/and or release. Hence I am waiting on the CBT and release of a different game. At least that is on the horizon, not yrs still down the track. GL to you all waiting on a game that looks as tho it will never see the light of day.
    • I do agree with sEEEEb and Furia, however I can also see why some people are frustrated but c'mon... the game is still on Beta on Korea Chai and Aqua.

      I only really heared about Bless not so long ago, so I'm not on that "I've been waiting for 2 years" but yeah... as I said, I do agree with sEEEEb and Furia, let them take time to the big launch and to improve what needs to be improved and that's why CBT and OBT exists. It's a test phase for the developers and publishers understand what's wrong and fix it out, which happens to be really useful since we can see what improvements they will already make on both in-game performance and game mechanism.

      It's good to see Neowiz and Aeria are indeed, working together and get to come to decisions appreciated by both sides which is nice to see.

      Thanks for the update Carso! :)
    • I agree with waiting a little more for a greater gaming experience.


      Right now the worst thing about bless is the abysmal fps drop in raid. It's so bad the raid boss takes few minutes to actually appear on the screen and in this minutes you're probably gonna die. And each time you die you need to wait some minutes before the raid boss appear again. This makes it really frustrating to do raids. At least castra is "acceptable" since everyone is affected, meaning that all will have the same disadvantage; but still this doesn't make it acceptable.

      Perhaps i'd suggest a few tweaks to the crafting and picking leveling up experience? It is boring and not really rewarding...perhaps it's just me.

      Bask within the guidance of the great Palutena!
    • Carsomyr wrote:

      ...the game needs a couple of tweaks to be able to penetrate the western MMO market...
      Does those tweaks you are referring to also include censoring? I would like to know early on if you have such plans for the game to stop care & move on, censoring is something I can't tolerate in games or anywhere else so if you are planning to bring the game in our region butchered would you be kind enough to inform everyone right now?
    • rpgmaniac wrote:

      Carsomyr wrote:

      ...the game needs a couple of tweaks to be able to penetrate the western MMO market...
      Does those tweaks you are referring to also include censoring? I would like to know early on if you have such plans for the game in order to stop bother, censoring is something I can't tolerate in games or anywhere else so if you are planning to bring the game in our region butchered would you be kind enough to inform everyone right now?

      I think they're probably gonna censor the sex scene in the Hieron story where there's Mathias having fun with Leoni. But sincerely i do hope they won't censor the killing scenes, they're brutal but they really capture the meaning of war between the factions.

      Bask within the guidance of the great Palutena!
    • <To mimic some previous posts> I am willing to wait for a superior product if that is the reason for the delay. I also know there are many roleplayers out there who would be willing to wait as well. It is the aged old question and balance of: Is it better to present a product "on time" and be incomplete or to delay a product to be perfect.

      I personally want this game to live as long as possible after release and if going back to the drawing board on some items helps that, then this is a positive step.

      However, can I offer up one request/bit of advice. Players can only live on "soon" and "we are working on it" for so long. At some point they would want to have an inclination that the game is on its way. Be that with an official site with information, an official release of lore, dev diaries in a constant cadence, and live streams to connect with the community .... etcetera etcetera. Please highly consider adding this to your timeline. I want Bless online to come out with a bang ... not a whimper.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Neviana ().

    • Started waiting when it was first announced in 2012, A few extra months will not bother me. In the meantime I've been playing older MMOs I missed and have been having a blast. Thanks for your continued efforts and dedication, and honestly you're not lagging as far behind on western releases as many companies (cough) NCSOFT (cough).
    • Thanks for the update.
      I haven't known Bless for a long time, only for a few months but I personally don't mind waiting even a year I feel like this game has a lot of potential if it's not rushed, because as much as we wanna play it it's not gonna be worth it if it's just half the game we could have. So I'll be here patiently waiting haha
    • Palutena wrote:

      I agree with waiting a little more for a greater gaming experience.


      Right now the worst thing about bless is the abysmal fps drop in raid. It's so bad the raid boss takes few minutes to actually appear on the screen and in this minutes you're probably gonna die. And each time you die you need to wait some minutes before the raid boss appear again. This makes it really frustrating to do raids. At least castra is "acceptable" since everyone is affected, meaning that all will have the same disadvantage; but still this doesn't make it acceptable.

      Perhaps i'd suggest a few tweaks to the crafting and picking leveling up experience? It is boring and not really rewarding...perhaps it's just me.

      This is specifically one of the things to improve in the game for the western version.

      Palutena wrote:

      rpgmaniac wrote:

      Carsomyr wrote:

      ...the game needs a couple of tweaks to be able to penetrate the western MMO market...
      Does those tweaks you are referring to also include censoring? I would like to know early on if you have such plans for the game in order to stop bother, censoring is something I can't tolerate in games or anywhere else so if you are planning to bring the game in our region butchered would you be kind enough to inform everyone right now?
      I think they're probably gonna censor the sex scene in the Hieron story where there's Mathias having fun with Leoni. But sincerely i do hope they won't censor the killing scenes, they're brutal but they really capture the meaning of war between the factions.
      We are not planning to censor any sex scenes or any other mature content in the game. Who are we to censor mighty Mathias Habihi? :D

      Neviana wrote:

      <To mimic some previous posts> I am willing to wait for a superior product if that is the reason for the delay. I also know there are many roleplayers out there who would be willing to wait as well. It is the aged old question and balance of: Is it better to present a product "on time" and be incomplete or to delay a product to be perfect.

      I personally want this game to live as long as possible after release and if going back to the drawing board on some items helps that, then this is a positive step.

      However, can I offer up one request/bit of advice. Players can only live on "soon" and "we are working on it" for so long. At some point they would want to have an inclination that the game is on its way. Be that with an official site with information, an official release of lore, dev diaries in a constant cadence, and live streams to connect with the community .... etcetera etcetera. Please highly consider adding this to your timeline. I want Bless online to come out with a bang ... not a whimper.
      Thank you for your feedback. All of your suggestions will start to roll out, once we have a clear launch date and milestone plan.


      To everyone here: Thank you for your understanding and your support regarding our decisions. I really appreciate it. I want to emphasize again, that as a player, it really sucks to wait for a game that you are really willing to play but to continue with Furia's analogy, this rough diamond needs some cutting and polishing before it's ready for public viewing :)
    • Many MMORPG blogs and communities are glad that Aeria Games is making the right choice to let Neowiz fix the 2 biggest weak points of Bless Online, but they also hope that it won't be delayed too much (for a year or more) because these days there's a lack of good MMOs that entertain the playerbase in the long term.
    Peria Chronicles