Announcement Topic of the Month: The Cash Shop

• When (hopefully not "if") someone from Aeria does another AMA it's something we should ask about. The anti-pvp items. I haven't played the game myself so I can't speak from experience, but ten minutes doesn't sound long enough - though I don't mind a lengthy cooldown.

Ideally there should be a way to buy them in-game, but until we can ask Aeria about their cash shop plans - and get concrete answers that aren't just vague "we'll see"s ... it's all speculation.
    • As far as I know, the game being faction open pvp doesn't mean you're doing pvp all the time.
      In theory, you only expose yourself to pvp if someone from the other faction comes to your home or viceversa.
      I know this game has common dungeons for the two factions, so... you have to choose in doing them or not or... fight with your group in the entrance.
      You can be ganked, but you can gank them in return as well, so that is fair to me if I have the opportunity of revenge and kill my aggressor. I've been in a WoW pvp server years ago, I have a slight idea XD

10 min pot is fair depending on the situation. If you're pve inclined, you won't go to the other faction territories on purpose.
      I've not played the Korean version. My question to veterans here: is it safe playing on your own territories, more or less?
      There's always the typical gank squads or the typical gank guy, I have that in consideration.
    • Zakarosh wrote:

As far as I know, the game being faction open pvp doesn't mean you're doing pvp all the time.
      In theory, you only expose yourself to pvp if someone from the other faction comes to your home or viceversa.
      I know this game has common dungeons for the two factions, so... you have to choose in doing them or not or... fight with your group in the entrance.
      You can be ganked, but you can gank them in return as well, so that is fair to me if I have the opportunity of revenge and kill my aggressor.

I had to register because of this discussion. Regarding the PvP-protection items, it's an endless debate between PvE oriented players and PvP oriented players. As Dewulf said, the only good way to deal with this problem is to have a PvP and a PvE server.

I always see PvE players complain about how their experience is ruined by evil pvpers that come to attack them when all they want to do is to quest in peace... but they seem to fail to understand that the countermeasures they ask for so they can play the way they want may be infuriating for pvp oriented folks. As a pvp player who loves to be able to engage into open pvp at any moment while exploring/questing, items that prevent it, even with short duration and long cool down ruin my experience as much as PvE players get their experience ruined by gankers.
      Especially in a RvR game, this has no sense, and it can be abused (can potentially ruin any small group infiltration in enemy territory).

So once again, the only solution is to have a PvE dedicated server with open pvp turned off, and a PvP server without any kind of items.
      If having the two types of server is not possible, the only item that i could personally tolerate is an item that prevents players with a given number of levels above the target to attack it.

for the rest:
      ---B2P for a small fee is fine.
      ---Founder packs are fine.
      ---In the cash shop:
      -Cosmetics are super fine (costumes (hope they will fit with the lore...unlike most asian(specially korean games...), mounts, whatever).
      -Superior mounts that can be obtained ingame given some efforts...why not, money has to get in...

-reasonable xp boost/drop boost, why not.

-premium service that give some comfort (free transportation, free revival, some more inventory space, etc) is all fine for me.

-No weapons/armors/piece of equipment of any kind with stats. Not even PVE only-stats, craft-only stats, or even crappy stats. Just no stats.

-No potions/enchants or anything that can have an impact on pvp.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Adalon ().

• Zakarosh wrote:

As far as I know, the game being faction open pvp doesn't mean you're doing pvp all the time.
      You can be ganked, but you can gank them in return as well, so that is fair to me if I have the opportunity of revenge and kill my aggressor. I've been in a WoW pvp server years ago, I have a slight idea XD

10 min pot is fair depending on the situation. If you're pve inclined, you won't go to the other faction territories on purpose.
      I've not played the Korean version. My question to veterans here: is it safe playing on your own territories, more or less?
      There's always the typical gank squads or the typical gank guy, I have that in consideration.
      I'm "Gamer inclined" but not a kid so, i'm tired of stupid behaviors like forced pvp or virtual bully. I played Lineage 2, was faun, was PVP focused with a perfect system, but was challenging and i was young with much free time that i would never ever use in a game again, and less in that way.

And can say after playing all the big pvp mmorpgs and not so pvp ones, that this will be 50% time you doing pvp, and all the 50% of that time will be because you want or because you don't but others do. In other words, you will be playing this if you like pvp, if not, you will be suffering this.

The point for me is i do not want to suffer in a game, or to involve so deep in it to challenge others and enjoy it in the way it is designed to. I Want something where i can do what i want, when i want, if i want and how i want it. Some would say "a pve game". No, because i love PVE, i love PVP and i love ROL and at least some pvp focused games like blade and soul gives you the choice of "pvp on/off button". I like the wars, politics and sieges, but i think that should be an event and not forced. Guild Wars 2 style, even when in isn't of my taste that game.

1 hour pot and no less, but wouldn't make sense in a pvp server unless you kind of use them as a "pve" instance method. Hope aeria bring a pve focused version or solution, if not, i'm not playing this games anymore, i only go for pve servers right now because of real life.
    • Adalon wrote:

Zakarosh wrote:

You can be ganked, but you can gank them in return as well, so that is fair to me if I have the opportunity of revenge and kill my aggressor.
      I had to register because of this discussion. Regarding the PvP-protection items, it's an endless debate between PvE oriented players and PvP oriented players. As Dewulf said, the only good way to deal with this problem is to have a PvP and a PvE server.

I always see PvE players complain about how their experience is ruined by evil pvpers that come to attack them when all they want to do is to quest in peace... but they seem to fail to understand that the countermeasures they ask for so they can play the way they want may be infuriating for pvp oriented folks. As a pvp player who loves to be able to engage into open pvp at any moment while exploring/questing, items that prevent it, even with short duration and long cool down ruin my experience as much as PvE players get their experience ruined by gankers.
      Especially in a RvR game, this has no sense, and it can be abused (can potentially ruin any small group infiltration in enemy territory).

So once again, the only solution is to have a PvE dedicated server with open pvp turned off, and a PvP server without any kind of items.
      If having the two types of server is not possible, the only item that i could personally tolerate is an item that prevents players with a given number of levels above the target to attack it.

for the rest:
      ---B2P for a small fee is fine.
      ---Founder packs are fine.
      ---In the cash shop:
      -Cosmetics are super fine (costumes (hope they will fit with the lore...unlike most asian(specially korean games...), mounts, whatever).
      -Superior mounts that can be obtained ingame given some efforts...why not, money has to get in...

-reasonable xp boost/drop boost, why not.

-premium service that give some comfort (free transportation, free revival, some more inventory space, etc) is all fine for me.

-No weapons/armors/piece of equipment of any kind with stats. Not even PVE only-stats, craft-only stats, or even crappy stats. Just no stats.

-No potions/enchants or anything that can have an impact on pvp.

Nice post. I have a formed opinion on pvp players and they mind, they personal problems and how they try to solve them in a game. About how the game exploits that because pvp players tend to pay more and be more competitive so they are more profit for the business. But explaining all that and how i'm in this world would be large. The important this is you are right overall. But, it is possible a pvp on/of button in one server for everyone, maybe with a delay. Also TERA pve server had guild wars so there where pvp. The perfect model for me would be 3 factions not 2, two in open world war, the third neutrals with no pvp, for pve players or those who want a rest/ whatever. Lineage 2 C1 had something like that in a server i played back in 2005.
    • Sighs, ok, just like with any Korean mmo, it will eventually, at some point, have some form of P2W, I seen plenty pull a bait and switch and introduced P2W eventually after release once enough players are settled in and dropped enough roots that they will not leave at least, not for awhile, thats when P2W is placed into the shops.

Aeria games is notorious for it yes, they did state they wanna stay away from that path yes, but should you believe them? Hell no, spend at most 60 dollars like any other game, play for at least 3-6 months, and if no P2W comes up by then great, the game is doing well enough that they dont need to put in p2w, but when they see an opportunity, to make alot more money somehow, or they feel they are not making enough, BAM, P2W is placed.

Remember, Black Desert Online pulled the same shit recently, and their is proof that the lead developers stated their will not be any P2W. Now look at it, people are able to buy cash shop items, to put up for sale, to get all the silver they need to get the best equipment possible.

Never, ever, trust the words of an asian developer, except maybe Japanese, SE is the only one I know of by Japan but other then the FFXIV fiasco from its 1.0 days, they been pretty solid, and worked together with the playerbase to make a good MMO.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alexandrious ().

Peria Chronicles