Announcement Topic of the Month: The Cash Shop

• I honestly love the open pvp in this game because you can just go and gank people. Flag system would just kill the open pvp as seen in other games. PVE and PVP servers would be fine and its the best fix for it in my opinion. But if I remember right you can get those pvp immunity items from the daily rewards.
    • Ganking and unfair gameplay will ruin this game faster than people being able to opt-out of open world pvp. Always better to give people the choice.

This way PVPers can have fun ganking each other and others who like PVE or just want to do their quests can have fun that way.
    • tamberleigh wrote:

Ganking and unfair gameplay will ruin this game faster than people being able to opt-out of open world pvp. Always better to give people the choice.

This way PVPers can have fun ganking each other and others who like PVE or just want to do their quests can have fun that way.
      Exactly my point. The way the Korean version worked with open-world PvP was absolutely abysmal for anyone that prefers PvE. Sure you get some from Daily Quests and the like, but running out of them is a very real possibility with that. The only way that PvE players can be assured they wouldn't need to be forced into PvP was by paying real money in the Cash Shop.

Please AeriaGames, DO NOT DO THAT. Also: My suggestion of just having a vendor NPC sell them for really low in-game cash was just one of many ideas/possibilities. Just whatever ends up happening, don't make PvE players feel they need to pay RL money just to avoid PvP, as the KR version unfortunately does.
    • tamberleigh wrote:

Ganking and unfair gameplay will ruin this game faster than people being able to opt-out of open world pvp. Always better to give people the choice.

That is why there should be PVP and PVE server. Imagine Archeage with flagging system you say, pvp would be ruined. It is way too easy to abuse. If you don't want open pvp, just play on pve server that has no open pvp enabled.
      Faction vs Faction game where you can toggle the open pvp off doesn't really make sense lol. WoW and Warhammer Online did this right.
      There is supposed to be war between factions not hand holding.
    • Dewulf wrote:

tamberleigh wrote:

That is why there should be PVP and PVE server. Imagine Archeage with flagging system you say, pvp would be ruined. It is way too easy to abuse. If you don't want open pvp, just play on pve server that has no open pvp enabled.Faction vs Faction game where you can toggle the open pvp off doesn't really make sense lol. WoW and Warhammer Online did this right.
      There is supposed to be war between factions not hand holding.
      I'm fine with separate servers too, but that would likely take a lot more work to implement, thus seriously increasing the publishing/production cost and furthering out release date. Just adding an NPC Vendor to the major cities that sells already existing items at a low price wouldn't even take a week to add.
    • Zazaaji wrote:

Dewulf wrote:

tamberleigh wrote:

That is why there should be PVP and PVE server. Imagine Archeage with flagging system you say, pvp would be ruined. It is way too easy to abuse. If you don't want open pvp, just play on pve server that has no open pvp enabled.Faction vs Faction game where you can toggle the open pvp off doesn't really make sense lol. WoW and Warhammer Online did this right.There is supposed to be war between factions not hand holding.
      I'm fine with separate servers too, but that would likely take a lot more work to implement, thus seriously increasing the publishing/production cost and furthering out release date. Just adding an NPC Vendor that sells already existing items at a low price wouldn't even take a week to add.
      True they could make it cost like 50 silver or 1 gold or something.
    • Furia wrote:

I don't know if a PvE Server makes much sense in a game that focuses on Open World PvP Endgame.
      Another reason I'm pushing for an NPC Vendor that sells an already existing item for low in-game currency.

Really it's the best solution for those of us that prefer PvE, it seems.
    • Dewulf wrote:

Furia wrote:

I don't know if a PvE Server makes much sense in a game that focuses on Open World PvP Endgame.
      Yeah thats why I dont like any flagging system for pvp when the game is designed to be faction vs faction
      Though, given the peace potion, you are essentially flagging 33% of the time if you keep your potion stack large enough, and possibly hanging out in a town so you're not ganked the other 66% of the time. As it currently is, if you run in a static group or have the FoTM class (or stealth), ganking is something you may already enjoy.

However, to not be ganked and just to play the game as they see fit, PVE-centric players are being forced to buy from the cash shop - something that goes against Pmang's entire intention with the shop. Originally in TERA, PVPers had to purchase items from vendors that allowed them to flag themselves and kill other players and it was a major cost. The PVPers hated that only they were being penalized to play how they wanted.

An OwPVP server ruleset would make the potion and cash shop implications moot. But, we have yet to hear that is even on the table as an option. Make the potions last four hours of game time (only ticks down when in game) and I could see PVErs being far more welcoming of the imposition.
    • Dewulf wrote:

I think the only negative thing about the cash shop in bless are the honor / dungeon currency potions and the most expensive mount.
      That mount you can buy from the cash shop is the best mount in the game on land. It is almost impossible to get the fastest mount with right buffs that is equal to the cash shop mount. There is literally like 4,5% chance to regrade your mount from rare to epic grade. Legendary is even more harder.

Then there is the potions. This one doesn't really hurt me that much but some people will cry about it because you can just buy the currency you need for some of the endgame equipment. This ain't so bad currently because you can get that currency so fast, it is only gonna be problem if they limit the amount of dungeons, pvp and other activities you can do daily.

Some might also say that the crafting tools are op, but hey, you can get them for 1 copper each from vendor so it doesn't really hurt unless the crafting gets more complex.
      u can upgrade your mount to legendary its hard i know but its not impossible like u sad:)
    • I actually liked the open world PvP and that you could attack anyone from the other faction without having to flag first. Sometimes you gank, sometimes you get ganked, thats how the game is. I dislike the idea of PvP-Protection items being sold for very cheap. However I think there should be a "relative cheap" item that prevents players that are 10+ lvl higher than you to attack you, otherwise it will turn into a lowbie gank fest like in ArcheAge where people were hiding in towns until the high lvl people got bored and left.
    • kujo123 wrote:

Dewulf wrote:

I think the only negative thing about the cash shop in bless are the honor / dungeon currency potions and the most expensive mount.
      That mount you can buy from the cash shop is the best mount in the game on land. It is almost impossible to get the fastest mount with right buffs that is equal to the cash shop mount. There is literally like 4,5% chance to regrade your mount from rare to epic grade. Legendary is even more harder.

Then there is the potions. This one doesn't really hurt me that much but some people will cry about it because you can just buy the currency you need for some of the endgame equipment. This ain't so bad currently because you can get that currency so fast, it is only gonna be problem if they limit the amount of dungeons, pvp and other activities you can do daily.

Some might also say that the crafting tools are op, but hey, you can get them for 1 copper each from vendor so it doesn't really hurt unless the crafting gets more complex.
      u can upgrade your mount to legendary its hard i know but its not impossible like u sad:)
      Thats why I said almost impossible. 4% chance on regrade is pretty hard :D Just like regrading to mythic in Archeage
      Also you have to remember that you cannot tame all the time because it takes so much energy
      I think the only time I got purple mount was by sacrificing purple mount that you got from daily reward, since if you sacrifice higher grade mount to regrade your mount the chance is higher. But this really don't bother me too much put people may complain
    • Little whale here. Most of my cash shop purchases orient around costumes and skins; I can never have enough, but I only choose the sexy ones. For example summer time swimsuits, costumes that reveal significant amount of skin, etc. I will even go as far as say gatchapons are okay as long as we have a way of purchasing the items we wanted if we fail enough times. So say you have a gatchapons with a leotard that has a 5% drop chance. I would like to see a guaranteed drop of a special token which could be used to purchase the leotard. So let's say 40 tokens to purchase a leotard. That way, even if I fail to obtain the leotard out of 40 gatchapons boxes, I could still buy the item I was after.

I have buried my war hatchet that I once held high against Aeria games after seeing the ... "series of unfortunate events" (euphemism to be nice about it) ... that unraveled against the Scarlet Blade community. Seeing just how dedicated and willing the team has become, Aeria not only has a clean slate with me, but with my wallet as well. Please do a good job folks, there will not be a third chance.
    • I think it's rare to see a Publisher really changing some aspects of its game content compared to the original version (Korean), mostly durably.

A recent example going through my mind is Black Desert Online being Buy-To-Play specially for the NA/EU community (Free-to-Play for others) but little by little going back to a Pay-to-Win abomination just like its original version (Korean one like BLESS). Basically I'm currently very suspicious and rightly, how many times did we had a bad experience despite of a lot of promises making us feel like a unique community but in fact treated like everyone in the unique aim of making profit at our expense again and again playing with our hype, our hope for substantive change ?

Somehow I'm not expecting too much because on one hand I hardly trust Aeria Games and on the other hand I'm losing faith in the MMO genre. Free-to-Play is cool starting from the principle that you can download it for free so you don't have to pay - to some extent - but everything I've seen over a decade made me perceive the whole thing differently and not as positively as the new players discovering a genre without having been at the heart of the market development.
    • Frankly, open world PvP forces people on the same faction to cooperate and work together and goes back to the old school spirit of MMOs. It can forge a strong server identity and faction rivalry and encourages folks to seek out active guilds to quest with. Use your words folks! There's people online to help you and who want help from you. So many modern MMOs are single player games that multiple people happen to be playing.
    • I do agree a lot with Nito here, Founder Packages will most likely be made and I totally support it and don't really care too much because it doesn't give that huge of advantage to be honest and the B2P option would probably be good as well if done properly as sEEEEb said... even though, I highly doubt it because Aeria only hosts Free-To-Play games and Bless is also free on Pmang so yeah... I don't really see any change about that to the NA / EU version of the game.

I've been playing games on AeriaGames since 2010, started on Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine but yeah, since I was kinda young I didn't really noticed if the game was P2W or not because I only really wanted to play with my friend on the time... I also played Last Chaos a bit after that but then I only came back to Aeria in 2012 when A.V.A was transfered to there and I must admit the game had ups and downs but on 2014 the game turned up to be totally Pay-2-Win with the removals of the option to buy weapons permanently with in-game currency, however on May 2015 they re-added that option and the community was much, much happier.

So yeah, I do see where the "All your games are Pay-to-win for about a decade now" comes from but I honestly think that Aeria has been improving this P2W aspect during this last years and personally think Bless will make a change as well but of course there will always be some items that will give a bit of advantage though... hopefully, it won't make any huge difference.

Now, as far as the open PvP goes I must say I'm more of a PvE guy so I kinda dislike this "you can just go and gank people" simply because some of us just want to enjoy to make the quests, play with friends on a good way without getting suddently interrupted by a guy or a group attacking on us... I do like the suggestion of Zazaaji there though as maybe with a Vendor NPC selling it even though I wouldn't mind to pay RL money but yeah... just to not play VS other players and spending RL money may sound kinda ridiculous to a lot of people and I can see why.
    • Fiddu wrote:

I just played Aerias newest MMO Twin Saga and surprise! It's Pay2Win. Costume with stats, Weapon Upgrades and more are in the item mall. Sounds like they lied when they said that Aeria want to fix their P2W reputation.
      Costume with stats and weapon upgrades doesn't instantly mean Pay 2 Win. If it always did then FFXIV's ~level 5 stat equivalent item shop costumes would make FFXIV be Pay 2 Win, even though we all know it's not. The costume's stats and weapon upgrades in Twin Saga could be equal to level 10 gear or the like.

Do you know how powerful said costume's stats and weapon upgrades are when compared to other in-game obtained gear/upgrades?
    • Cash shop is fine keep it as it is. All Aeria needs to do is make (at gunpoint if necessary) Neowiz fix the cursor thing when you hold left or right mouse button (to move camera) the cursor keeps moving in the background meaning when you let go of left or right mouse button your cursor isnt where you left it. Usually it ends up in the quest tracker or something like that.

Oh and about that anti-pvp scroll on cash shop. Well it's only for like 10 minutes with a several hour cooldown (unless im missing something) so that aint too bad. Just group up if u dont wanna be ganked ;)
      ~구르는 돌에는 이끼가 끼지 않는다~
    Peria Chronicles