Bless Online is coming next year!!!

• Aeria has issues ... lots of them. And while I agree with you for the most part, keep in mind there is one tiny, shiny ray of hope: Aeria was sold last year. If we're lucky the new managers will be a smidge less money grubbing than the old ones.

Besides, do we really expect anything different from any other company? Cash shops make money. Publishers need money to recoup what they spent on buying the rights for a game. Developers need money because making games costs money. So, in any F2P (or P2W, whatever acronym mows your lawn the greenest) you're going to have a cash shop of some sort.

But you don't have to go into the game already prepared to hate it. I'm going to have fun with Bless, make a bunch of alts, do the quests with my friends and see what happens.

After all, it's only a game.
    • iProtect wrote:

Of course it will be. Judging from the posts in this thread people don't seem to be familiar with Aeria games. So, here's a step-by-step breakdown of what will happen as evident to games published by Aeria in the past 5 years:

1. Game is hyped by Aeria, removing focus from their other titles. You'll see tons of advertisements on websites for it.

2. Forums will be set-up on Aeria's website with great community interaction from Aeria management/localization team/community PR guys. Expect lots of videos and interviews praising how this game is so good and, why they're "trying something different" in regards to the age old question concerning P2W items in previous games published by Aeria.

3. Pre-order your Founder's packs. Expect more packs than you usually see from other companies. Aeria loves money. So, they'll most likely have 5 or 6 different founder's packs, with the ones around $30 and higher getting CBT access for a week or two.

4. CBT arrives, report bugs. Also get a chance to check out their limited version of the Cash Shop/Aeria Mall. Everyone praises how F2P friendly it is and, is impressed with what's in there.

5. Due to the "demand" for the game, it'll leave CBT and near instantly be released in OBT.

6. Expect to see lots of advertisements still in circulation, lots of community events during maintenance down time, in-game events, giveaways, and constantly new items in the Cash Shop with each maintenance. Concerns about bots will be reported with them constantly saying they're working on it saying they have new systems that will help with the bot/gold seller issue.

7. After 3-4 months the hype's over, the events largely stop, no more advertisements are seen, bugs that were reported in CBT are still not fixed pissing people off, players go back to other games, and a noticeable drop in population occurs. Also, the economy will be complete crap by now because of bots and gold sellers.

8. Around this time, give or take a few months, this is when the games go "P2W". When a large portion of the playerbase drops the game for whatever reasons post-hype phase, and buying of AP has slowed down on their 18 million cosmetic recolors of costumes, mounts, level-up equipment, and RNG boxes. Also, Tiered Spender will take more money to max it out, but offer more "rewards" and exclusive items that will sell in-game for hundreds/thousands/millions of whatever the currency is. The economy now, is horrible and irreparable. Bots, gold sellers, low drop rates, and whales like myself in the past, have crushed it. Players -unless willing to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars- will not be able to have a lot of the nicer items or, be able to compete in PvP.

9. After a year or so, the game's pretty much ran its life cycle for Aeria with most of the in-game events ( read: 2 or 3 ) put on auto-pilot and something that can be completed in an hour or so. There will still be players of course but, nothing remotely the size of what it had or could have had if things would have gone differently. It'll be more like a small community of players instead of an MMORPG. A few big guilds that dominate certain areas of the game and snatch whoever they can to keep up ( or over ) the other 2 or 3 Guilds. You'll see them on the official forums boasting about their latest, uncontested World Boss kill or something. Screen shotting the one or two player kills that dared tried to interrupt the mindless spamming of skills.

10. The game's shutdown after 2-4 years of little-to-no activity ( read: AP purchasing ), a new cash cow's on the way in, and the original developers are no longer required ( per contract with Aeria ) to supply content to a game that's dead in the West.

Rinse and repeat.

Don't believe me? All you have to do is Google Aeria's past games. Check out their official forums and see for yourself. Literally, 10-minutes of research will tell you exactly what will happen with this game. And that's a damn shame. I've been waiting for this game since I saw the first screenshot in what, 2010? 2011? Something. Knowing it's going to Aeria is a death sentence.

Jiral hajima emi up nun se ki ya
      Ni ga malhanunge jinri go got bub i nya?

지랄 하지마 코지마 에미업 는 세키야
      니 가 말하는게 진리고 법이냐 씨하발련아?
      개애미없는 씨오발새끼 니가뭔데 씨우발련아

나가 뒤져
    • well, after reading Aeria's forums for a while, i guess anyone can clearly see how professional they are.

don't think that the other F2P publishers are any better thou, 'cause in the end it's the same management anywhere else, be it a little better or worse.

the current mmorpgs scene it's overloaded with titles that are pretty much copy-paste of older titles, and i have yet to see something new gameplay-wise.
      Only Tera and Black Desert changed the gameplay so far, anything else is still running with the traditional tab-targeting formula, or hybrids.

if i'll manage to find a game with balanced mechanics, decent PvP content and no RNG bullshit PvP-wise, it will be enough for me.
      as for now, my only hope is for this title to not turn into another korean grind fest.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs will become lions."
    • Bunny wrote:

iProtect wrote:

Of course it will be. Judging from the posts in this thread people don't seem to be familiar with Aeria games. So, here's a step-by-step breakdown of what will happen as evident to games published by Aeria in the past 5 years:

[snip...]

This rings a bell.
      Sounds exactly like Trion worlds. ArcheAge anyone??

ugh... don't remind me of that shipwreck which sank faster than anything but yeah, rings a few bells.

Also why do people still think after all what happend to ported KR games it will get better.

I mean if we portray it on Bless (taking some notes from the previous post):

Step one - advertise:

I mean why not - it's a given fact that companies want to earn money. So they advertise. Aeria will likely take the teasers and put them up into the TV. At least in Germany often saw the AuraKingdom ad on several channels.

Step two - forum activity:

No publisher will admit that they will go for p2w. Travian and Crowfall (the game were I think the chances are really low for being p2w) may fall for it. Aeria will definitely put p2w items into the shop. The only thing you have to deal with is - how bad is it really. The korean version is basically pay for convenience. The flash shop often has rare mats so I'd call that p2w however since the gear difference isn't as bad as it could be the endresult is that even if they put in several p2w aspects it still wouldn't make such a big difference. (talking about KR right now)

However if you overdo it (talking about Aeria right now) you might see a real difference depending what possibilities they have to put in the cash shop.

Step three: Founder packs

Frankly speaking - I don't care about them. I often plan to spend money on the cash shop for convenience items or beauty things/ costumes or unique looking pets. So I give a damn about that. Also a few days of headstart usually don't interest me since after a few months of playtime the difference between a founder and a non-founder is not that great if not non-existent.

Step four: Alpha, CBT, OBT, Release

To be honest - all the tests are only there to ensure no major tech. bugs are happening. You won't see any fixing if it isn't breaking the game or the hardware. Textbugs in a story - who gives a shit.... maybe someday but not a few weeks/months pre and after release. In Tera there are still plenty of text bugs existing since the tech alpha so yeah....

Well after that it goes as you say. However due to the nature of Bless it is inevitable that sooner or later players will lose interest since the game offer little to no long term goal as faction. This might be changed at some point so that a good portion of the faction is needed for faction wars, etc. However since guilds basically trade their territories to each other and so on the average players won't really see so much. Of course it's been a while since I've been in the game actively but the news don't really scream for changes.

That being said - Bless might change it's path but we'll have to see how it will turn out. Same with Aeria. Can be going well or can turn out worse than ArcheAge which is pretty epic for someone to fail harder than Trion but even then... Trion earned a lot with ArcheAge and still do. Sad for the game since it had potential.
    • iProtect wrote:

1. Game is hyped by Aeria, removing focus from their other titles. You'll see tons of advertisements on websites for it.

2. Forums will be set-up on Aeria's website with great community interaction from Aeria management/localization team/community PR guys. Expect lots of videos and interviews praising how this game is so good and, why they're "trying something different" in regards to the age old question concerning P2W items in previous games published by Aeria.

3. Pre-order your Founder's packs. Expect more packs than you usually see from other companies. Aeria loves money. So, they'll most likely have 5 or 6 different founder's packs, with the ones around $30 and higher getting CBT access for a week or two.

4. CBT arrives, report bugs. Also get a chance to check out their limited version of the Cash Shop/Aeria Mall. Everyone praises how F2P friendly it is and, is impressed with what's in there.

5. Due to the "demand" for the game, it'll leave CBT and near instantly be released in OBT.

6. Expect to see lots of advertisements still in circulation, lots of community events during maintenance down time, in-game events, giveaways, and constantly new items in the Cash Shop with each maintenance. Concerns about bots will be reported with them constantly saying they're working on it saying they have new systems that will help with the bot/gold seller issue.

7. After 3-4 months the hype's over, the events largely stop, no more advertisements are seen, bugs that were reported in CBT are still not fixed pissing people off, players go back to other games, and a noticeable drop in population occurs. Also, the economy will be complete crap by now because of bots and gold sellers.

8. Around this time, give or take a few months, this is when the games go "P2W". When a large portion of the playerbase drops the game for whatever reasons post-hype phase, and buying of AP has slowed down on their 18 million cosmetic recolors of costumes, mounts, level-up equipment, and RNG boxes. Also, Tiered Spender will take more money to max it out, but offer more "rewards" and exclusive items that will sell in-game for hundreds/thousands/millions of whatever the currency is. The economy now, is horrible and irreparable. Bots, gold sellers, low drop rates, and whales like myself in the past, have crushed it. Players -unless willing to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars- will not be able to have a lot of the nicer items or, be able to compete in PvP.

9. After a year or so, the game's pretty much ran its life cycle for Aeria with most of the in-game events ( read: 2 or 3 ) put on auto-pilot and something that can be completed in an hour or so. There will still be players of course but, nothing remotely the size of what it had or could have had if things would have gone differently. It'll be more like a small community of players instead of an MMORPG. A few big guilds that dominate certain areas of the game and snatch whoever they can to keep up ( or over ) the other 2 or 3 Guilds. You'll see them on the official forums boasting about their latest, uncontested World Boss kill or something. Screen shotting the one or two player kills that dared tried to interrupt the mindless spamming of skills.

10. The game's shutdown after 2-4 years of little-to-no activity ( read: AP purchasing ), a new cash cow's on the way in, and the original developers are no longer required ( per contract with Aeria ) to supply content to a game that's dead in the West.

Rinse and repeat.

Don't believe me? All you have to do is Google Aeria's past games. Check out their official forums and see for yourself. Literally, 10-minutes of research will tell you exactly what will happen with this game. And that's a damn shame. I've been waiting for this game since I saw the first screenshot in what, 2010? 2011? Something. Knowing it's going to Aeria is a death sentence.
      Reposting in hopes it saves some fellow wallet warriors some time and cash. Just found out it's a huge flop in S. Korea; figures. Haven't followed the game since my last post here, and am under no illusion that it will fair much better here post-hype phase. As such, I'm not going to even bother getting sucked into another Aeria published MMO.
    • iProtect wrote:

iProtect wrote:

Rinse and repeat.

Reposting in hopes it saves some fellow wallet warriors some time and cash. Just found out it's a huge flop in S. Korea; figures. Haven't followed the game since my last post here, and am under no illusion that it will fair much better here post-hype phase. As such, I'm not going to even bother getting sucked into another Aeria published MMO.
      You don't like the game we get that so quit posting on the forums and find somewhere else to waste peoples time.
    • ROFL. When I saw Larek Larak I came here all hyped to discover someone resurrected a year old post! Too bad...
      @'Larak' such a misleading name!

@iProtect not as bad as in RU thou XD
      Aeria seems to be doing the things right, waiting and cooperating with the developers to get us a polished version.
      Even though I remain sceptic as well, we should hope and give Aeria the benefit of the doubt, give them a chance to redim themselves.
      This is their first big AAA mmorpg, they must have invested quite a bit in this project.
      I do hope they will try playing on the long run this time around instead of trying a fast but shorter "P2W" revenue.
      Btw if you look at the recent trend of much hyped game that failed miserably, this time around maybe the underdog will give us a nice surprise.
      Again, lets hope and if the worse come Tencent "announced" they (or someone else) will publish Moonlight Blade in the West :P

The post was edited 5 times, last by Kovas ().