Bless Online is coming next year!!!

• I really do not get all this haste. Is it so bad to wait and have (hopefully) a well polished game insted of rushing things?

Arkray wrote:

once people has made their opinion of a game it's hard to change it.

If you rush and fuck up it is going to be hard to get back on your feet.

Guys you (maybe) do not follow the mmo market but the elephant in the room is (still) WoW.
      Blizzard, with all the money they make, has always released content with the purpose of sabotaging upcoming titles. They lost quite few subcribers with WoD expansion now they
      founded a movie studio to push their titles, they are facking tycoons!
      The timing in this market is (almost) everything, I hope Aeria will release Bless after the hype for Legion has settled a bit and hopefully they won't fuck up with business model and P2W.

Quavindix wrote:

Great. But game has no future.

Saying that this game has no future without further argumentaions is just stupid and mean.
    • mmo_geezer wrote:

The matter is not to rush up... god, i don't want them to rush so much to make a trash game... but... at least, don't take so much time... Bless has been in developping for more than 10 years... isn't time to get it out of the hangar and let it fly?

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Bryan Fury wrote:

mmo_geezer wrote:

The matter is not to rush up... god, i don't want them to rush so much to make a trash game... but... at least, don't take so much time... Bless has been in developping for more than 10 years... isn't time to get it out of the hangar and let it fly?

Ye that's true but (you should know better than me :P ) there are still things left behind develoment-wise, from what I heard also instances need to be fixed.
    • Bryan Fury wrote:

mmo_geezer wrote:

Bless has developed for 7 years. Not 10
    • Quavindix wrote:

Bless has developed for 7 years. Not 10
      Technically it's 8 (development project started in 2008 and the works in 2009) , but that is not what is important.. the question is that it's a lot of time... we want it! :D

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Delfy wrote:

Quavindix wrote:

Delfy wrote:

Quavindix wrote:

Great. But game has no future.

Do you speak about smartphone or in general now ?

I m not mentioning about mobile, about in-games

You didn't mentioned mobile but I was joking with just 1 post above.

Why do you think there is no future?

Why do the bless online got no future. Why?
      1.non-attractive game systems.
      2.kind of boring gameplays.
      3.imitated WoW, AiON styles. (They are really outdated.)

Look - peoples in youtube, keep your eyes on steparu's bless online vids - and watch the comments down below.

It's not only opinion for them. Users in korea have almost same opinions.

Really. They have to fix all of things.
    • Quavindix wrote:

Look - peoples in youtube, keep your eyes on steparu's bless online vids - and watch the comments down below.

Thanks for the insight, I follow steparu site/channel as well and now I see where are you coming from, consider tho that most of them have a biased opinoin due to the fact they basically are BDO "fanboys", even tho steparu himself is tring to be as objective as possible.

Sadly I have to admit I noticed as well that Bless has a lot of problems right now but it also have a lot of potential. What worry me the most is about how much money Neowiz is going to keep puting on Bless and for how long, after the small bubble in 2011/2012 they are not doing so well on the market (as many others).

I want to be positive... at least till I hear about massive layoffs. If they do not cut the workforce in Korea keep an open positive attitude!
    • mmo_geezer wrote:

Quavindix wrote:

Thanks for the insight, I follow steparu site/channel as well and now I see where are you coming from, consider tho that most of them have a biased opinoin due to the fact they basically are BDO "fanboys", even tho steparu himself is tring to be as objective as possible.

Sadly I have to admit I noticed as well that Bless has a lot of problems right now but it also have a lot of potential. What worry me the most is about how much money Neowiz is going to keep puting on Bless and for how long, after the small bubble in 2011/2012 they are not doing so well on the market (as many others).

I want to be positive... at least till I hear about massive layoffs. If they do not cut the workforce in Korea keep an open positive attitude!

Still existing BDO fanboys? You've gotta kidding me

And I know, bless online has really potentials.
    • Bless had the misfortune to be compared to BDO - and even more on Steparu's channel.

So it is obvious why there is a negative mood around the articles and videos.

About the game itself - well people think BDO is that great, yet had immense struggles at the beginning with Balancing, Content, performance, features like the Karma system, etc. If you compare the western version against the raw version, the raw version fails really hard just saying. (CB2 was a blast, very thing which came afterwards were decisions from the idiots in suits which wanted to attract a broader audience).

BDO had potential - just like ArcheAge (with the 2.9 and the player made nations - way to go but too late and Trion as publisher...). BDO is still a good game but never went the route where it was originally designed.

About rushing things - until the KR version is fully updated to a point where you could say the game is solid (common features, content, mystic, lvl cap raise, siege & territory system, etc.) there are only the major decisions to decide (business models, localization, etc.). I mean I don't think Aeria will completely overhaul the game nor will Neowiz do it so yeah. So all that is left are minor changes which won't take long or some bigger ones like chat channel system for different languages for example (if they go this way).

I just hope they go with an English only localization to save money and time. (as for EU it won't happen I suppose but still - I hope for it).
    • That's exactly what i'm hoping for , An English only release is the major focus that Aeria should take quick considerations about it instead of wasting time

Some people expect major changes on the game to happen but let's be honest , we will get pretty much the exact same game like it is right now in Korea

But .. if the delay means a change on the combat system / making some bold things on it i'll fully welcome this decision and wait for it .
    • Unlimax wrote:

But .. if the delay means a change on the combat system / making some bold things on it i'll fully welcome this decision and wait for it .

We can hope but tring not to be deluded. We will get pretty much the same game, updated of course at the release date and we will surely see some fixes here and there.
      Even tho - I hope to be proven wrong - we won't see major/radical cahnges (well at least if those are not already programmed).
    • If I remember right, Aeria games is gonna release the game same way as neowiz did in korea. Open beta with almost the same stuff as in the obt release in korea. That way they can let people play the game faster, which is gonna be mistake for them in my opinion. If they do release the obt too early with any real content, its gonna suffer the same way as it does in korea.

Bless is not gonna be super successful mmorpg in west, what u see in the korea now u are gonna get in the west also. I couldn't really give a fuck if it is successful or not, I will still enjoy the game when it releases. If the game makes even little profit, it is worth keeping the game alive.

I will be happy if they just keep updating the game.
    • I'm not surprised that we have to wait until next year to see the NA/EU release of Bless. It's about what I suspected, though - like everyone else - I hoped for a Christmas miracle and wanted it to come much sooner. Like next weekend or something.

Despite all the fear-mongering and dire predictions ... I am aware that this game isn't perfect. I'm also well aware that Aeria has its share of issues. But I'm still happy with the news and looking forward to seeing the game.

Like others I'm hopeful this means Aeria will be able to put together a stronger Beta - one that's more in line with the current game (as it is now, or even as it will be with a few more updates and patches) rather than the game as it was when it first released.

Whatever the case ... yay! Now to wait for the Aeria forums to open so I have two places to stalk.
    • The big thing that concers me about next year is the upcoming Servermerge to 2 Servers in Korea...it´s like every Gaming-Site wrote an article about it last week...which is kinda bad news and not really the best hype for the game in our western hemisphere :( As we all know, westerners and koreans aren´t the same mmo-type and when the game is starting to crumble in the motherland, they shouldn´t wait that long to get a new player base...worst case scenario would be, that we wouldn´t see it in the west at all :( which would be a real shame, because the game really has some big potential...

What i just don´t understand is, why they don´t (officially) open up the beta and create an international (community driven) server??!! There people could officially help with the localizations into non-english languages, could make streams without korean-chats, could give feedback about what we westerners would like to see different for our release etc...that to me would be the best free marketing possible ;)

Maybe we should just start a petition about this :)
    • Well from a Business point they should wait until they see whether the changes lead to a rise in player number or whether the game really dies of. The major complaints should be solved with the features they want to introduce the coming months and weeks.
    • thinking about it, the delay for NA/EU could have more reasons behind than simply getting the publishing rights and doing the translations.

maybe at the moment Aeria is also waiting to see what happens in KR after the server merges, to see if it's actually worth to invest time and money in the project.
      anyhow, after making an official announcement of partnership with Neowiz, i doubt they'll hold back.

right now it's all about server situation.
      if they see that the merges were needed only because there were too many servers around, then there should be no huge problems in the future.
      implementing new features along with new content may as well bring back some old players, while getting new ones too.

however, if their playerbase keeps going down in the next months, then the problem is not in the quantity of the servers, but rather in the quality of the game.
      there's tons of features that could be added, so i really hope that they won't screw up the game.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs will become lions."
    • Aeria Games already planned a meeting with Neowiz very soon so they're probably going to ask a few questions to the developers including the current state of the game in its native version. They must be as worried as we are right now because it is never a good sign to merge all servers so early a trimester after the game launch.
    • Fenrir wrote:

thinking about it, the delay for NA/EU could have more reasons behind than simply getting the publishing rights and doing the translations.

maybe at the moment Aeria is also waiting to see what happens in KR after the server merges, to see if it's actually worth to invest time and money in the project.
      anyhow, after making an official announcement of partnership with Neowiz, i doubt they'll hold back.

right now it's all about server situation.
      if they see that the merges were needed only because there were too many servers around, then there should be no huge problems in the future.
      implementing new features along with new content may as well bring back some old players, while getting new ones too.

however, if their playerbase keeps going down in the next months, then the problem is not in the quantity of the servers, but rather in the quality of the game.
      there's tons of features that could be added, so i really hope that they won't screw up the game.

After reading snuggles and nito I was thinking exactly the same =O
      ---== Wainting for a nice mmorpg since L2 ==---