Bless Online is coming next year!!!

• Momoruk wrote:

They must be as worried as we are right now because it is never a good sign to merge all servers so early a trimester after the game launch.

they sure are, especially when something requires time, effort and money.

anyhow, the game's lore and races looks interesting enough, graphics are fine and overall i consider it already above the average mmorpgs.
      the combat system isn't really new, but i don't mind as long as it offers a solid and balanced gameplay.

what matters the most is the content.
      they have half year to bring new features, additions, fixes and such.
      if they manage to implement at least some of the most common features, there's still a chance for the game to shine( even thou after 6 years of development, it makes me worry quite a bit ).
      otherwise it will become just another random title in the sea of KR mmorpgs.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs will become lions."
    • Server merges aren't bad if the population decrease if within the estimated borders. Since the game is still labeled as Open Beta - well.... not sure whether neowiz is delusional about that fact or not, infact it was a Soft Release so yeah.

Since there are no real numbers on the im not sure where to put Bless in terms of player numbers. Also keep in mind that the KR version is really expensive compared to current games like ArcheAge for example. It's on par with BDO and to be honest I don't really see a point paying 40 to 60 bucks for a very very unspectacular costume. And 80 to 100 bucks for a Mount (the 7k lumena mounts). Way too much. That is one major complaint here which is really common among the forums along with the missing healer class which will be the Mystic.

Next is the fact that to me - they were forced into open beta in order to generate cash (like always). Because I don't think it was actually intended to publish the game this early with all the common things missing. I do think it was a good decision in terms of the stability of the servers, etc. since they really improved on that part. However the missing content is what korean users are ranting about in every single thread on inven and so on.

Since the dev conference held in April clearly stated the path they were planning (with the 10 man dungeon, Basel Gorge overhaul, lvl 50 expansion, Mystic, 15 vs 15 battleground, etc.) Also a lot of people quit because the bigger guilds are also trading their government time to each other (win trading) and smaller guilds don't have the chance to actually participate in this game section which is basically 1 corner of the game.

I think with the rushed Open Beta/Soft Release they somehow killed their schedule and try to fix it at the moment. Another half a year or so (Open Beta Start now, at this time) would have been way better than what they did in January. I mean back then the ingame mail didn't function properly and friendlist was missing. I think I don't have to say more.

Bless is also planned for China (Changyou), several western countries (AeriaGames) and Japan (not sure which publisher).

All in all - what we see in the west may greatly differ from what we have at the moment in KR. I just hope our friends in the business suits won't ruin it in multiple ways (rushed, p2w, poor management - basically what Trion does)
    • Can someone explain me why is everyone so worried about the merge/population status in korea. Isn't the game supposed to be in Open beta yet?

I mean... if i play a test beta or whatever i just go arround the game watching what it has to offer and then if i like it either get hyped and wait... or if i dont just wait to see if the release improves something that would made me give it another try... I know there's people that likes to grind festa the end-game and go fully-geared even knowing that they will loss they progress on release... but that's low majority..

We can really speculate arround the numbers we see in the beta?
      Did the population descreased that bad?
    • they started with way too many server at OBT launch, therefore it was a given that they had to do server merges soon or later.

it's also kind of unrealistic to have from 10 to 16 servers running always at full capacity.
      if they'll keep 2~4 servers even at half capacity, there should be no problems with the playerbase.

as for the numbers, nobody knows.
      thing is, when u go Open Beta, you're not supposed to go back.
      for testing there's always Alpha(aka during development) and Closed Beta.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs will become lions."
    • Ex3 wrote:

Can someone explain me why is everyone so worried about the merge/population status in korea. Isn't the game supposed to be in Open beta yet?

I mean... if i play a test beta or whatever i just go arround the game watching what it has to offer and then if i like it either get hyped and wait... or if i dont just wait to see if the release improves something that would made me give it another try... I know there's people that likes to grind festa the end-game and go fully-geared even knowing that they will loss they progress on release... but that's low majority..

We can really speculate arround the numbers we see in the beta?
      Did the population descreased that bad?

It was a soft release - just like Black Desert Kr did. I mean you can call it Open Beta with no wipe also but well.

So if the game doesn't do so well it is not a good indicator for what follows. However 2-4 servers of players (depending on the max number of people they can hold) is a good way to have a good population and lower upkeeping costs

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nito ().

• Quavindix wrote:

Mascus are real-handmade hamsters.
      Techincally they are not hamsters...... they can become a large variety of different animals... a Cat, a Dog, a Mouse, a Raccoon and a Rabbit...

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Quavin, stop with this madness of giving out negative ratings at random lol! I don't want to start to warn up, i don't like doing it. Don't force me.

EDIT: You don't have also to give out random positive rating just because you got called in to order. Use this function ONLY if it's necessary and you feel to give positive ratings to the single user's posts because they deserve it.... you are making a big chaos here..

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |

The post was edited 3 times, last by Bryan Fury ().

• Bryan Fury wrote:

LOL, why didn't you wrote it in english directly XD

Well Quavindix started it by saying Mascu are 진리 (Meaning "true"), so I said they are pörröinen. Combined it means they are true fluffy.
      Which they are. Very fluffy. Fluffy good. Fluffy. I like fluffy soft things.
    • Of course it will be. Judging from the posts in this thread people don't seem to be familiar with Aeria games. So, here's a step-by-step breakdown of what will happen as evident to games published by Aeria in the past 5 years:

1. Game is hyped by Aeria, removing focus from their other titles. You'll see tons of advertisements on websites for it.

2. Forums will be set-up on Aeria's website with great community interaction from Aeria management/localization team/community PR guys. Expect lots of videos and interviews praising how this game is so good and, why they're "trying something different" in regards to the age old question concerning P2W items in previous games published by Aeria.

3. Pre-order your Founder's packs. Expect more packs than you usually see from other companies. Aeria loves money. So, they'll most likely have 5 or 6 different founder's packs, with the ones around $30 and higher getting CBT access for a week or two.

4. CBT arrives, report bugs. Also get a chance to check out their limited version of the Cash Shop/Aeria Mall. Everyone praises how F2P friendly it is and, is impressed with what's in there.

5. Due to the "demand" for the game, it'll leave CBT and near instantly be released in OBT.

6. Expect to see lots of advertisements still in circulation, lots of community events during maintenance down time, in-game events, giveaways, and constantly new items in the Cash Shop with each maintenance. Concerns about bots will be reported with them constantly saying they're working on it saying they have new systems that will help with the bot/gold seller issue.

7. After 3-4 months the hype's over, the events largely stop, no more advertisements are seen, bugs that were reported in CBT are still not fixed pissing people off, players go back to other games, and a noticeable drop in population occurs. Also, the economy will be complete crap by now because of bots and gold sellers.

8. Around this time, give or take a few months, this is when the games go "P2W". When a large portion of the playerbase drops the game for whatever reasons post-hype phase, and buying of AP has slowed down on their 18 million cosmetic recolors of costumes, mounts, level-up equipment, and RNG boxes. Also, Tiered Spender will take more money to max it out, but offer more "rewards" and exclusive items that will sell in-game for hundreds/thousands/millions of whatever the currency is. The economy now, is horrible and irreparable. Bots, gold sellers, low drop rates, and whales like myself in the past, have crushed it. Players -unless willing to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars- will not be able to have a lot of the nicer items or, be able to compete in PvP.

9. After a year or so, the game's pretty much ran its life cycle for Aeria with most of the in-game events ( read: 2 or 3 ) put on auto-pilot and something that can be completed in an hour or so. There will still be players of course but, nothing remotely the size of what it had or could have had if things would have gone differently. It'll be more like a small community of players instead of an MMORPG. A few big guilds that dominate certain areas of the game and snatch whoever they can to keep up ( or over ) the other 2 or 3 Guilds. You'll see them on the official forums boasting about their latest, uncontested World Boss kill or something. Screen shotting the one or two player kills that dared tried to interrupt the mindless spamming of skills.

10. The game's shutdown after 2-4 years of little-to-no activity ( read: AP purchasing ), a new cash cow's on the way in, and the original developers are no longer required ( per contract with Aeria ) to supply content to a game that's dead in the West.

Rinse and repeat.

Don't believe me? All you have to do is Google Aeria's past games. Check out their official forums and see for yourself. Literally, 10-minutes of research will tell you exactly what will happen with this game. And that's a damn shame. I've been waiting for this game since I saw the first screenshot in what, 2010? 2011? Something. Knowing it's going to Aeria is a death sentence.