Aeria Games to publish Bless in EU&NA

New

I hope that noone asked about that, and i wont offend noone, but who are the idiots that asked about PvP and PvE spearated servers when the game is NOT made to have PvE and PvP separated, since it's a PvE+P type... =.=

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |

New

Neviana wrote:

I wouldn't worry Nito... You often have very intelligent points and questions. Besides, there is still a TON up in the air right now. I think they have prepared themselves for the flood of questions. The main one being: "Are you making Bless P2W?"

Also, it's time to start obsessively refreshing the NA/EU official page.

haha cool thing ^^ that's awesome. Thanks for posting the website - guess now it's real :P

Yeah - I also think the question about "P2W" are a standard question in the business nowadays. Sad but I'm really interested about their response.

New

Bryan Fury wrote:

I hope that noone asked about that, and i wont offend noone, but who are the idiots that asked about PvP and PvE spearated servers when the game is NOT made to have PvE and PvP separated, since it's a PvE+P type... =.=

People are going to ask about it because it is a legitimate question. Well when it comes to World PvP auto-flagging. Besides, I hear that World PvP on the Korean Servers is basically extinct. So, what would be the difference? :P

New

Neviana wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

People are going to ask about it because it is a legitimate question. Well when it comes to World PvP auto-flagging. Besides, I hear that World PvP on the Korean Servers is basically extinct. So, what would be the difference? :P
      It's because most of the times people don't engage if there isn't a reason (Since there aren't yet declared ostility between Clans... but there will be soon or later)... but i assure you... a lot of times i saw so many wars all around the map that i can't even count the deaths both side had...

New

Dang, this news was let out just a little after I went to bed last night. ||
      Still, it's great news it's finally official coming to English territories. What I know about Aeriagames and Pay-2-Win is that they are not as bad as Nexon Games, but they certainly not as good at avoiding P2W as some companies.

I'm just glad that 1 - It's finally officially coming to English, and 2 - It's not Nexon Games.

New

Dewulf wrote:

reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/4…north_america_and_europe/

Some comments from dev who responded in reddit:
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[–]Myzzrym

Hey there guys,

I was working at Aeria Games until very recently. To be honest, they have been trying to move away from P2W these last 2 years. Aura Kingdom and Echo of Soul cash shops are nowhere close to Shaiya for instance. Hopefully if they keep going that way we might get a non-P2W game for BLESS.

That being said... "Not to mention, Aeria has some shit servers" => I agree, we used to complain a lot about the servers ourselves. Probably has to do with the choice of data centers to start with. They are working on changing that, fingers crossed to get that by the time BLESS is out.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      [–]Myzzrym

I was in charge of Monetization for Aura Kingdom.

Thing that people don't realize is that teams change quite often. For instance, I only joined Aura Kingdom one year after the launch and got a lot of crap for what previous producers did.

In any case, to answer your question: It depends. Some people do care a lot about the game they work on, and try their best to both reach their targets and keep the game afloat. Some others are just here to do their job, so they don't really care that much.

On the bright side, Aeria has recently start paying much more attention to player experience, and by consequence "caring about the game" is slowly becoming a necessary thing for their producers, as opposed to it being "extra" work. On the downside... Well, once you have a reputation, shaking it off is very difficult (see all the comments here).

I'm not saying this reputation wasn't deserved. Hell, I've been working on Shaiya for a short while, I know how P2W it gets. However, I know the new management is trying to change their direction for the better, and it sucks to see their efforts being attack due to what the previous guys did.

Another thing that people fail to see is when they call on "greed". We aren't doing that out of "greed" - the company needs to make money in order to pay the servers, the employees and the external developers. What players don't see when they yell "THEY ARE KILLING THE GAME" is that most of the times we're trying to do exactly the opposite. If you make less money, your team becomes smaller. Your game starts to get less priority. Under a certain threshold, we have to close it. So no, we don't get anything (at my level) being greedy. We're simply trying to keep the best experience for the players who are here while not having to be forced to implement pay walls (instead often relying on the whales who buy the hated Mystery Box. We hate those too).
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We might actually see non p2w Bless. Lets just hope that they are doing it right this time.

I guess should just wait and see what Aeria Games have in mind for Bless on EU/NA. May be they would really move away from P2W concept. I believe everyone deserve a second chance. lol

New

I've played Aura Kingdom for a while and a bit of EOS and had a good experience in both Aeria games.
      The publisher has quite a rep, but as a player, never had an issue with them.
      I'm happy finally someone is publishing the game in EU/NA, perhaps not the expected publisher but hey, let's see what they do.

New

Bryan Fury wrote:

Neviana wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

It's because most of the times people don't engage if there isn't a reason (Since there aren't yet declared ostility between Clans... but there will be soon or later)... but i assure you... a lot of times i saw so many wars all around the map that i can't even count the deaths both side had...

I personally think they should add pvp "hot spots" or "rvr area" in lvl 30+ zones so there could be some competition like in warhammer online. Make keeps / flags / locations that u have to capture and so on and make reason to fight for them.

New

Dewulf wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

Neviana wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

I personally think they should add pvp "hot spots" or "rvr area" in lvl 30+ zones so there could be some competition like in warhammer online. Make keeps / flags / locations that u have to capture and so on and make reason to fight for them.
      That is a nice ADDITTION that can be made, but as an addittion, not to overrite the actual PvP system

New

Bryan Fury wrote:

Dewulf wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

Neviana wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

That is a nice ADDITTION that can be made, but as an addittion, not to overrite the actual PvP system

I asked the question Bryan AND it was answered with a resounding "we shall see". Come at me bro! ;)

New

Neviana wrote:

Oh, I thought you would follow. ;) I asked about PvE and PvP specific servers.
      Don't take it personally, but that is the most idiotic thing to ask and to request...

If people want to be the carebear doing PvE forever, just play any game in single player or a coperative one, or even the poisonus World Of Worshitcraft if you want also the disgraceful arenas...

Really.. stuff like that piss me off a lot..

New

Bryan Fury wrote:

Neviana wrote:

Don't take it personally, but that is the most idiotic thing to ask and to request...

If people want to be the carebear doing PvE forever, just play any game in single player or a coperative one, or even the poisonus World Of Worshitcraft if you want also the disgraceful arenas...

I don't take it personally because I think it is completely idiotic and closed minded to not consider the possibility. Plus as a roleplayer I've heard worse and more creative. So don't take it personally either.

Still heart you though. :)

New

Neviana wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

Neviana wrote:

I don't take it personally because I think it is completely idiotic and closed minded to not consider the possibility. Plus as a roleplayer I've heard worse and more creative. So don't take it personally either.

Still heart you though. :)
      It's not about "possibility" it's about mechanics. You can't build a shotgunt that shoot bullets and then ask if you can make it shoot flowers... you need to build up a completelly different shotgun in the first place... same goes for a game that is MADE to be PvP.

Ask to made it PvE is just nonsense, a nonsense coming from fearfull mind that can't handle PvP itself.

If someone want to roleplay, then, instead of asking nonsense, should go play a RPG game, not a MMORPG...

PvE and carebears are the poison of the mmorpg. That is a fact that never change.

New

*huggles the Bryan*

I know we disagree on this topic and I am happy to leave it at that. But I just had to comment on this point in your post.

Bryan Fury wrote:

If someone want to roleplay, then, instead of asking nonsense, should go play a RPG game, not a MMORPG...

You understand the last 3 letters in MMORPG are... RPG right? Besides, I know plenty o' RPers who love PvP. I'm one of them.

And in my opinion the single player is the poison of the mmorpg, but that's gettting off the OP topic.

New

Neviana wrote:

*huggles the Bryan*

I know we disagree on this topic and I am happy to leave it at that. But I just had to comment on this point in your post.

Bryan Fury wrote:

You understand the last 3 letters in MMORPG are... RPG right? Besides, I know plenty o' RPers who love PvP. I'm one of them.

And in my opinion the single player is the poison of the mmorpg, but that's gettting off the OP topic.
      I don't get it.... what Singleplayer Games have to do with Online Games (Cooperative, Multiplayer or Massive like mmorpg)? It's like talk about water and wine...

MMORPG is not RPG, furthermore, the RPG term on both acronims is totally different and of another kind. While the pure RPG is based on actually "IMPERSONATE a role" on MMORPG acronim, the true meaning of the RPG term is "HAVE a role". The line betwheen them is so tiny but so large in differences...

By the weay... if you love PvP you should not call up for a separation of a feature that can't be separate here in the first place... that is why i want to strangle you Nevi...when you comes out with nonsense like that!!!

New

muahahahah! *runs away gleefully*

I never called for a separation btw. I just asked if they were considering separate rule-sets such as PvE or PvP servers. To which the answer was 'We will see what the community wants'. Well, I take that back, I did ask them if they were willing to put 2 letters as a tag on a server (RP) so that my RP lovlies can all find each other. But I followed that up by saying we didn't want any special rule-sets.

I agree with your point above to a point when (often times) the 'RPG' is dropped off of 'MMORPG'. But, if Bless is being marketed as an MMORPG it is an RPG game (quite simple). It is a game driven by narrative where you (the player) are impersonating a character in the story. You have a role in moving the plot forward (story quests tra la la!).

But I have done my duty in riling up the Bryan for the day. You and I come from two completely different camps of thought on this topic and will never agree. I may love PvP but I believe the PvEers should have a voice and I certainly don't believe they are a poison to the MMORPG genre. Again, those nasty single player 'I want it now' brats are the poison! But that's a rant for another day.