What Games Are You Playing Now?

• Squishy wrote:

I think the majority of people here are going to be playing Elder Scrolls Online, when it comes out next month.

I wouldn't be so sure. Many of the people, who tried ESO beta seem to be rather disapointed. Even hardcore Elder Scrolls fans, like myself.
      The discussions in reddit and other channels are also far from positive. Not to mention, that the pay-to-play model raises the acceptance barrier nowdays, however this is completely another topic with own pros and cons.
    • - TERA (waiting for new class)
      - Dragon Nest EU (just for fun, waiting new class in TERA)
      - Path of Exile (need to update with new contents but too lazy to open Steam)
      I'll try Neverwinter after the upgrading with Module 3 "Curse of Icewind Dale".
      My future is Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade and Bless(oh, really?!?!?) when come out... ^^
    • MerlinBG wrote:

Squishy wrote:

I think the majority of people here are going to be playing Elder Scrolls Online, when it comes out next month.

I wouldn't be so sure. Many of the people, who tried ESO beta seem to be rather disapointed. Even hardcore Elder Scrolls fans, like myself.
      The discussions in reddit and other channels are also far from positive. Not to mention, that the pay-to-play model raises the acceptance barrier nowdays, however this is completely another topic with own pros and cons.

This is true.

To be honest, the pay model does concern me.

Games I am trying.

1. Forsaken World
      2. Trying to get back into GW2.
    • I was (and still am) in the ESO beta. I have to say ... I don't think it's going to work as well as they'd hoped. The gameplay is nice to look at but there are still issues, and paying over $250 to play for a year? That's the $60 box with it's free month (only one!) and then eleven months of subscription ... for a game that, while pretty, isn't a good MMO.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good ARPG, but it's not an MMO, not really. When it goes free-to-play in a year or so ... maybe. I doubt it, though. But if you're still on the fence with ESO, I'd suggest waiting until they stop the subscription.

Just my two cents.
    • tamberleigh wrote:

I was (and still am) in the ESO beta. I have to say ... I don't think it's going to work as well as they'd hoped. The gameplay is nice to look at but there are still issues, and paying over $250 to play for a year? That's the $60 box with it's free month (only one!) and then eleven months of subscription ... for a game that, while pretty, isn't a good MMO.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good ARPG, but it's not an MMO, not really. When it goes free-to-play in a year or so ... maybe. I doubt it, though. But if you're still on the fence with ESO, I'd suggest waiting until they stop the subscription.

Just my two cents.

Yeah, I have tried ESO myself - and also having in mind, that I am a hardcore Elder Scrolls fan - I don't think I will play it, unless my observations turn to be completely wrong. Graphics is ok for an ES game, but far from Bless or Tera, combat is soooo static compared to Tera... not for me :( And I had such high hopes for ESO...

Squishy wrote:

Well there is that other MMORPG that's suppose to be really good, Wildstar and Black Desert or something.

Do you have any more info when we could play it?
    • I used to 'play' Cabal Online until ESTsoft decided to shut it down in EU. The main thing I did there was still talking to friends I made there and some dungeon running.
      For now I'm gaming hopping (TERA, Aion, Path of Exile etc.) and mainly Beta testing mmorpgs. So I hope we got to play Bless soon.
    • I'm playing ... nothing. Tried Terra, went back to EE briefly - but the population is so very, very dead. We're signed up for the EoS beta to have something to do, and plan on trying the FFXIV free trial sometime in February, as well as keeping an eye on the ESO price. If it's reasonable (read free) we might try it out again. We were in beta but weren't willing to spend the money they wanted to keep playing.

That's ... all we've got going at the moment.

I wish we'd have news about an NA developer for Bless, soon. Or now. Now would be good.