Announcement Project might be stopped, please read.

Project might be stopped, please read.

Hey there Bless-Source community.
    My project of translating the game might stop, but first let me introduce myself first.

I'm Nir Hazan, 20 years old from Israel.
    I'm serving on the Israel Defense Force and works as System Administrator.
    As I serve on the IDF I don't get much money (like 250$ a month) without the bills and food which means I don't have much.
    I'm home only from Thursday to Saturday and the rest of the week I spend on the IDF as System Administrator without having the possibility to work on the translations from there.

Now that you know on one foot who am I, I want to add that I made this patch with love to the community without asking for money for the patch.
    My contract with Google file server ends in the end of the month and I don't have the money to renew it and take care of the server which means I have the figure out how I continue this project.

1. To end the project, no more translations, no more updates, no more English patch.

2. To Close the project. Make it a closed program which you need to buy a user that you can use to update your game.

3. Hope for enough donations by the end of the month so I can continue the contract with Google.
    To be honest, Sience the start of the project which I think was about 2 month ago, I got a total of 5$ donations which is not even close to the bills that are hard to be payed with my income.

I really like the community and I hope we can figure out how to get out of this situation and I will be able to continue work on this project.

I'm truly sorry for this post, I never thought we will come into that, because I have started this project with love and without any interest in money, but I just can't continue because I don't have enough money for myself.

Hope you will understand and help me out to choose what to do next.
    With love,
    Nir Hazan.

EDIT: Donations have been received, if it will continue that way the patcher will be up and running.
    Thank you for all the supporters :)

Post was edited 1 time, last by “nireyes25” ().

Well this maybe a somewhat private question but to be honest - if we know what the monthly price for the file hosting/server I think the response from the community would be higher.

If the server costs let's say $20 per month then I'd say but a huge banner on your program saying " I need $20/month - this month $15 were already donated. Or 75% of the month are donated and let's say 6,25% of the yearly payment is donated.

Well that's my view of course. But a little more transparency about the hosting cost would help I think.

Nito wrote:

Well this maybe a somewhat private question but to be honest - if we know what the monthly price for the file hosting/server I think the response from the community would be higher.

If the server costs let's say $20 per month then I'd say but a huge banner on your program saying " I need $20/month - this month $15 were already donated. Or 75% of the month are donated and let's say 6,25% of the yearly payment is donated.

Well that's my view of course. But a little more transparency about the hosting cost would help I think.

The payment for the server is not a fixed price, it changes from time to time depends of the amount of people that uses the file server which increases in time.

Edit: the cost of this kind of server is much higher than 20$ to be honest

nireyes25 wrote:

Reaper wrote:

That's a shame.
    Are you ever planning on continuing this at some point. Or give it to someone else to finish?

I will continue if I will have the amount of support needed

You know I can't help any with the coding, but if it'll take some ease off you me and my coworker are still up for doing the actual translating.

Actually this is a better idea: since this English Patch seems stressful to you, why not find some way of getting someone else on these forums that can code (maybe Furia can help by making an announcement, like "New coder for English Patch Needed!" or the like), and pass the coding part of the project onto them? Furia can specify what language it's written in in the Coder Wanted announcement or the like.
    Even if that ends up being the case, me and my coworker are still looking forward to helping translate more on our slow days at work.

EDIT: Byran's idea below here is much better a solution, as it's completely free for all involved.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Zazaaji” ().

I used to do this a lot on the past ancient ages when i was modding the DAOC and Lineage 2 client files...

It's pretty simpler if you just do publish the file content, make it translate by people, then publish the translated files on an online storage website (like mediafire) and then write down a simple guide on WHERE to place them...

Even a donkey can download and copy some files... so don't be afraid to make a simple guide on where to copy the translated files... people will understand...

You will save money that is otherwise wasted. Don't take it in the wrong side, i apprecciate your efforts, but that is pretty usless if you can't keep it up because of money that is not necessary to complete a work like that...

I said many times, but didn't got heard, i said that i would have helped with the translation if someone with the client could have given to me the instruction on where to look and what to translate, but... like "air in the wind.."... Now it's late, up to today i'm full of work and i can't do nothing in short terms, but i was willing.. believe me..

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Bryan Fury” ().

Bryan Fury wrote:

[...]
    publish the translated files on an online storage website (like mediafire) and then write down a simple guide on WHERE to place them...
    Even a donkey can download and copy some files... so don't be afraid to make a simple guide on where to copy the translated files... people will understand...

This is very true actually. Blade & Soul TW, CN, JP, and KR versions all had unofficial translations on bladeandsouldojo.com that worked that way before the NA/EU versions came out. They all used either Mega.nz (the most popular), or Google Drive to freely store the files. People just downloaded the needed translated files, put them where they should go, then all done. The TW translation actually got MORE complicated when they introduced an automated patcher that frankly failed to work properly most of the time.

Just do that nireyes25, freely host the files on mega.nz and tell us where to put them. I'll still help with the translating if you want me to. This way it will cost you absolutely NO money to do.

Nito wrote:

I will take this suggestion and we will we how it goes, if it won't work I will think of something else
    Again i got ignored. What i said is simper and no money is needed.

It seems to my eyes that you are chasing the "money train" at all costs...

Bryan Fury wrote:

Again i got ignored. What i said is simper and no money is needed.

It seems to my eyes that you are chasing the "money train" at all costs...

You are not ignored at all, and I ain't chasing the "money train".
    First of all, until now and the end of the month I got no payment for my services, no money involved.
    The patch is much simpler for the users to open and update if needed than to check on the forums for updates and update it manually and you cannot ignore that.
    I will try the method of collecting the money for the file server by donating and it will make the patcher to be up and running make it simpler for everyone, even by that method I do not get payed for my services of translating and writing the code for the patch.
    Don't forget that I payed until now like 100$ for the file server, so do think twice before calling me greedy or money seeker.

If that way wont work, I will just release the files and you will update alone, which is harder work for you and for me.

nireyes25 wrote:

The patch is much simpler for the users to open and update if needed than to check on the forums for updates and update it manually and you cannot ignore that.
    No, i don't ignore that you are working hard, in fact i said that i like the work you are doing, what i'm saying is that you are wasting money with a method that is no necessary...

nireyes25 wrote:

I will try the method of collecting the money for the file server by donating and it will make the patcher to be up and running make it simpler for everyone, even by that method I do not get payed for my services of translating and writing the code for the patch.
    Neither i was payd for the work i was doing, but when i did it in DAOC and in L2 i was doing it for fun, because i love the game and i wanted to give the community something "mine".

nireyes25 wrote:

Don't forget that I payed until now like 100$ for the file server, so do think twice before calling me greedy or money seeker.
    I don't think you are greedy, but i see that you are keeping to chase the "money train" to host the files into a payd service that is not necessary, because as i said, it's simpler to translate the files and then write down a simple guide that say "copy this file in X path" and the magic is done without wasting money..

nireyes25 wrote:

If that way wont work, I will just release the files and you will update alone, which is harder work for you and for me.
    As said (three times now), it's simpler and cost free to translate the files (just by giving these files in "open work" so everyone can download it and translate the parts) and then upload them to a host servire (like i said Mediafire).

Bryan Fury wrote:

nireyes25 wrote:

No, i don't ignore that you are working hard, in fact i said that i like the work you are doing, what i'm saying is that you are wasting money with a method that is no necessary...

nireyes25 wrote:

Neither i was payd for the work i was doing, but when i did it in DAOC and in L2 i was doing it for fun, because i love the game and i wanted to give the community something "mine".

nireyes25 wrote:

I don't think you are greedy, but i see that you are keeping to chase the "money train" to host the files into a payd service that is not necessary, because as i said, it's simpler to translate the files and then write down a simple guide that say "copy this file in X path" and the magic is done without wasting money..

nireyes25 wrote:

As said (three times now), it's simpler and cost free to translate the files (just by giving these files in "open work" so everyone can download it and translate the parts) and then upload them to a host servire (like i said Mediafire).

Well I guess we see "simple" things different
    I don't see why it's hard...

If there are 100 lines into a file (ofc that is only an example) divide it by 4 parts of 25 lines each...

4 people get to translate it, what you need to do is just re-compile the file by just taking the part translated into the file to be only one...

Do that with each file and you have a WELL ORGANIZED translation system...

That is what i was doing with DAOC and L2 client files.... (except the additional thing that i had to decrypt the files and re-encrypt them because they was protected files...)

There are several websites to work in projects like that, as Bryan said Mediafire is one of them or GitLab works fine as well, and people could work together in the project doing diferent parts and saving time and efforts, even if i'll get that files i could work in a Spanish translation on my own :P
    Arckam, InnerCircle, Spanish Gamer Community.
    :P <Insert random signature here>
    :P