Announcement Bless Online Korean -> English Patch

• Works for me, although I've never seen an application that scares the heck out of Windows (10) SmartScreen so much. :P

Anyways, good job, thanks! :)

Edit:
    I forgot to mention that it throws an exception of not ran as an Administrator. No big deal, although it could probably help some people if the app mentioned that this actually is the problem.
  • Tyrel wrote:

Works for me, although I've never seen an application that scares the heck out of Windows (10) SmartScreen so much. :P

Anyways, good job, thanks! :)

Edit:
    I forgot to mention that it throws an exception of not ran as an Administrator. No big deal, although it could probably help some people if the app mentioned that this actually is the problem.

Well that's weird, I didn't run the program as Administrator, but thanks for the info :)
  • puiche wrote:

what supose to do with this patch, when i run just open this screenshot and start music. after ?

The most easiest patch I've been writing.
    When you first run the program you need to choose your game folder.
    Then you just need to click the Alarm Icon which says "Updates are Available" to update.
  • Weird, I can't reproduce the issue. It's probably a one time thing.

Anyways the problem it had was an unhandled authorization/permission (cant remember the exact name) exception that occurred when it tried to access my user's folder.
    Something like C:\Users\MyUsername\... where ... is a part I also cannot remember, but it contained Bless related folder names.

No idea why it doesn't try to access that path anymore, maybe it saved (to registry?) whatever information it needed from there the first time I ran it as admin.

Also the program did not completely crash. It started up after I closed the exception window, but it could not show the dialog asking for Bless install location.

That's all I can remember.
  • Tyrel wrote:

Weird, I can't reproduce the issue. It's probably a one time thing.

Anyways the problem it had was an unhandled authorization/permission (cant remember the exact name) exception that occurred when it tried to access my user's folder.
    Something like C:\Users\MyUsername\... where ... is a part I also cannot remember, but it contained Bless related folder names.

No idea why it doesn't try to access that path anymore, maybe it saved (to registry?) whatever information it needed from there the first time I ran it as admin.

Also the program did not completely crash. It started up after I closed the exception window, but it could not show the dialog asking for Bless install location.

That's all I can remember.

Hmm okay.
    Anyways, every time you update you can make sure what the game path you gave the program and change if needed.
  • Hi

Nice to see you :)
    My name is Mateusz and i am DEv. updated LoiReborn English Patch for Black Desert KR/JP and RU
    As i am skied on c# and c++, i looked into your source code, and i can tell you it's very basic program.

I got some thing you need to know:

1. Program doesn't have updater
    2. If there will be patch for localisation files, you will get missing txt lines, because your program download direct files and replace it. (Solution for this is make different code with library)

Example: You got file libary.txt and in this txt file you got all lines from files, > check this dictionary i got for Black Desert Patcher:

blackdesert.com.pl/patch/kr/Patches/english.zip

Than formula in c# should scan all files in folder BLGame\Localization\KOR , if will find it replace example:

$*itemInfo-name_k-junk_device_1=부서진 장치 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_device_1=Broken equipment
    $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_ornament_1=끊어진 목걸이 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_ornament_1=Broken necklace
    $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_relic_1=작은 유물 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_relic_1=Small artifacts
    $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_accessory_1=금속 고리 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_accessory_1=Metal rings
    $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_equipment_1=부러진 지팡이 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_equipment_1=Broken sticks
    $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_flag_1=너덜너덜한 깃발 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_flag_1=Tattered flag
    $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_metal_1=녹슨 금속 파편 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_metal_1=Rusty metal debris

ETC '">" = Tabulator

This will always make all language files updated.

Than you can delete choose game folder and add this code:

Source Code

1. private string gameInstallPath()
    2. {
    3. return (string)Registry.GetValue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\\***** < here you paste correct reg key", "");
    4. }

Than add this class for game files, this will automatic detect were is game installed.
  • Xenonino wrote:

Hi

Nice to see you :)
    My name is Mateusz and i am DEv. updated LoiReborn English Patch for Black Desert KR/JP and RU
    As i am skied on c# and c++, i looked into your source code, and i can tell you it's very basic program.

I got some thing you need to know:

1. Program doesn't have updater
    2. If there will be patch for localisation files, you will get missing txt lines, because your program download direct files and replace it. (Solution for this is make different code with library)

Example: You got file libary.txt and in this txt file you got all lines from files, > check this dictionary i got for Black Desert Patcher:

blackdesert.com.pl/patch/kr/Patches/english.zip

Than formula in c# should scan all files in folder BLGame\Localization\KOR , if will find it replace example:

$*itemInfo-name_k-junk_device_1=부서진 장치 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_device_1=Broken equipment
    $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_ornament_1=끊어진 목걸이 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_ornament_1=Broken necklace
    $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_relic_1=작은 유물 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_relic_1=Small artifacts
    $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_accessory_1=금속 고리 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_accessory_1=Metal rings
    $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_equipment_1=부러진 지팡이 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_equipment_1=Broken sticks
    $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_flag_1=너덜너덜한 깃발 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_flag_1=Tattered flag
    $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_metal_1=녹슨 금속 파편 > $*itemInfo-name_k-junk_metal_1=Rusty metal debris

ETC '">" = Tabulator

This will always make all language files updated.

Than you can delete choose game folder and add this code:

Source Code

1. private string gameInstallPath()
    2. {
    3. return (string)Registry.GetValue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\\***** < here you paste correct reg key", "");
    4. }

Than add this class for game files, this will automatic detect were is game installed.

You could PM me for that instead of writing this long post.
    Anyways its a basic program cus' I'm a basic programmer, I'm a system Administrator not a programmer.
    I don't think your solution is needed cus' I prefer to download all the files needed to make sure nothing is missed/bugged.

But thank you :)

• But as i told you, if you do like this, after any update you need update all files, each one again. And if you will got 1 file dictionary.txt from where program will get lines something like Find and replace, you just simply update only dictionary.txt not all files each one by 1.

This is more functional function. I will edit your code and add some cool stuff if few days when i finish my project.
  • Xenonino wrote:

But as i told you, if you do like this, after any update you need update all files, each one again. And if you will got 1 file dictionary.txt from where program will get lines something like Find and replace, you just simply update only dictionary.txt not all files each one by 1.

This is more functional function. I will edit your code and add some cool stuff if few days when i finish my project.

You don't need to edit my code cus' I'm not interested, save your power.
    I know what you mean, and of course your method is better. But all the Language files weight is 18MB.
    It doesn't take time to download it, only like 4 seconds so your method is unnecessary.
    If the files weight were like 100MB+ I would understand why you would do that, to make it faster, but it's fast anyway.

Thank you for your tip anyway and have a pleasant day,
    Nir.