Was killed by a PKer for the first time last night

Was killed by a PKer for the first time last night

It seems I finally ran into a particular area where some PKers were hanging out last night. I hadn't encountered any before, so I wasn't too worried about the "gankfest", honestly. Last night though... That all changed, lol. I was a level 33 Assassin trying to reach the level 30 dungeon and there were 3 players with red names sitting outside the entrance to the cave (if you've been to the dungeon before, you'll know what I'm talking about). Not two seconds later, they all began pummeling me and I dropped before I could even say "PK", lol.

Afterwards, they returned to their positions and just stood around near the entrance. I targeted all of them, but their level came up as ?? so I wouldn't have even been able to hit them, let alone kill one anyway. So, I go to my body and raise, then try to rush past them with my dash (spamming shift like crazy), but one of them stunlocks me, then they kill me anyway. Now that my body was actually inside the cave though, there was hope :p

I noticed there was like a skeleton army inside (which is probably why they don't idle inside the cave), so this time when I returned to my body, I just ran past every aggro monster and pulled like 15 enemies with me as I rushed towards the end of the cave to try and escape the PKers. I finally managed to make it to the dungeon entrance and saw a good 10 people or so hanging around, so I did the same for a little while. I killed nearby enemies to clear my hunting log (or whatever they call it in this game) and we would all gang up on a PKer whenever we saw him come out of the dungeon or try to rush through the enemies to attack us.

After a good 30 minutes or so, I realized I wasn't going to get a party for the dungeon (they don't really like partying with English players it seems, lol), so I ran back through the enemies to reach the exit. Sure enough though... As soon as I stepped outside, I was picked off by an archer, so I had to grab my body again. I finally managed to escape that Hellhole and began doing my quests, but every time I tried to complete them or kill enemies for my hunting log, some random would always come up to me and kill me, then I'd have to start all over again each time (only saying this because it got real annoying having to run back to my body over and over again).

It just sucks that I'd be minding my own business, not even messing with these guys (I only attack them if they attack me first or if someone is in danger, I'll try to help), then they would come out of nowhere and kill me. The worst part was, they were always a higher level than me, so I never stood a chance anyway. I finally managed to hit level 34 last night and this archer hit me a couple of times, then popped me with three arrows (probably a skill), and a couple more shots, and I was already down. I couldn't even begin to fight against someone like that.

I checked his level and he was 40. What the fucking hell, man? Oh yeah, good for you. You just killed someone 6 levels lower than you that you obviously knew wouldn't stand a chance against you. Man, you are such a badass.

Seriously, what's the point of that? I mean, I get it... I don't expect this to be a "carebear MMO" or whatever, but there were some PKers I could run by or fight beside when hunting enemies and they wouldn't fight me at all. I think we had a mutual understanding that as long as you don't mess with me, I won't mess with you, but some of these guys are dicks and kill just because they can. I don't understand that kind of mentality, honestly.

"Hahaha! Did you see me, guys? I stopped him from completing his quest! Isn't that so cool?!"

Ugh. Anyway, I just wanted to rant about it since I realized I have a good 5 more quests or so to accept in that "deadzone" later. I just didn't feel like dealing with any more of that bullshit for tonight. I've been having fun with the game, but it stops being fun when someone is standing there waiting for you to retrieve your body or standing near the quest you need to complete and keeps killing you to prevent you from progressing.
      Pop a peace declaration and don't worry about anything besides getting trained by some wannabe ganker or by your own faction.

Well... to be honest the areas around dungeon entrances are usually camped if there is no safe zone around them (like ArcheAge had). As Steparu already mentioned in some videos a faction imbalance will or can result in one faction completely cut off the other faction from various resources like dungeons, world bosses, etc.

I wouldn't worry much about the World Boss fights since they are incredibly tight in terms of time and sometimes in terms of faction vs faction pvp but well...

I understand your rant however as said - pop a peace declaration, finish your quests and done. I already ran into several idiots and zergs which camp on certain zones in order to kill and gank lower level people. However you either live with it and try to deal with it within the game's legal possibilities or simply have to understand that the game isn't suited for you or won't be that enjoyable. Not going to say that the design choice could have been made in a better way, however if this was the English release/beta I think that you would see more gankers but also more people who fight the gankers and gank the enemy faction.
      I think I only have like... 6 of those peace declarations in my inventory though (if it's the item I'm thinking of anyway). I'd hate to waste them like this, but I may have to if I'm ever going to get anything done tomorrow. I'm not sure what the max level is right now (I'm assuming 50 even though 40 is the highest I've seen so far). Like I said though, I have been enjoying the game so far, so it feels like it's for me, but I just wish these guys would just kill each other off instead of teaming up to fight one of us. You're the criminals here, not the victims, so why should I have to step aside?

Well, I hope things go a little better later today, but I doubt they will if yesterday was any indication, lol.
      for that dungeon you need to go to channel 1 that's where all of union guys go, we hieron stay on channel 2. try not to get killed, if you are an assassin use stealth lol and run like if you were running for a golden medal in the olympics!
      There's no use getting frustrated, ik its hard not to but specially for those who dont enjoy engaging on pvp but instead of ranting why not trying to get stronger and have your revenge, learn about the class to improve yourself, use that negative energy to get stronger is what im saying...i used to get pked a lot by groups of players, as soon as i finished making my lvl32 gear (was around lvl35 when i did it) i was beating the shit out of those guys, specially when i got my passive that allows me to keep going for more 10 seconds when my hp reaches 1 or 0.

Bless is a raw realm vs realm, they don't add halfassed shyt to make it more nicer to other players, it's kill or be killed. Lately I don't engage pvp against those of other union that much, since most of them just want to do quests but there's always one or two who is bored and attacks me and i actually appreciate it because that way i can acquire more experience in pvp sometimes i even attack them, i'm still trying to figure out how to become a good pvper considering the limitations of my class against long range classes such as ranger and mage.

I have pvped A LOT of assassins and i have seen one assassin cleaning a 3man team, they were all the same level lol. But then again, that's korean God-like pvp skill!
      We also need to remember that most of us are playing with 300ms against koreans (30ms maybe)... so.. its really hard to beat them on 1v1. Do as End3r and Nito says, change your channel or use peace declarations.
      Wow, I've been super lazy in handing out downvotes then, haha. I always heard: "Like to things you like or that contribute to the conversation," and "dislike to things that do not contribute to the conversation or become personal attacks."

I dunno. I've always only given downvotes to things that turned into school-room name-calling bouts, never when someone said something that I didn't personally care for. I don't even mind pot-stirring posts as long as they kept vaguely to the topic. But ... not a forum mod on this site.

TetsuyaHikari wrote:

CUT
      some people are nice, some not. Shit happens.

Beside that, it's as End3r said, it's a REALM vs REALM, it's KILL or BE KILLED.

You got killed? Well, use a feature that inside a mmorpg is supposed to be a MUST. Party/Clan/Alliance.

BUT, i know that in this particular situation, it's really bad, BECAUSE we (you) are not playing on the EU/NA servers, so it's pretty difficult to find help, BUT still you don't need to cry on the floor for that, since you know the underlined statement so well.

You got killed and re-killed because of that. When we will be able to play on EU/NA servers there will be a thousand billion of Clans and Alliances that can help your own faction to clear an infested area

PvP is pretty simple: "Learn from today's experience, and make a good use of it for tomorrow"

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |

tamberleigh wrote:

Wow, I've been super lazy in handing out downvotes then, haha. I always heard: "Like to things you like or that contribute to the conversation," and "dislike to things that do not contribute to the conversation or become personal attacks."

I dunno. I've always only given downvotes to things that turned into school-room name-calling bouts, never when someone said something that I didn't personally care for. I don't even mind pot-stirring posts as long as they kept vaguely to the topic. But ... not a forum mod on this site.

I like you *.* do you dislike me? D:
      I understand what you guys are saying. Learn from the experience, get stronger, make sure it doesn't happen again later. I get that, but yeah... I'm not worried about the future. I'm worried about the present.

I currently have no means of defending myself right now. I'm just not prepared and there's nothing I can do but just take it up the ass right now, lol. That's why it's frustrating. I just hate being put into situations I feel powerless in, that's all. Nobody thinks it's fun to be killed by some overleveled guy over and over again, especially when they are practically guarding the zone you need to get through in order to finish your quests in order to get enough exp to, you know... Become better, get better gear, etc.

Also, for the record, I always play on channel 1 anyway. It doesn't help. Yes, there were a lot of Union people around, but they were mostly hanging around the dungeon entrance, not outside (where the killing was occurring). Whenever someone stepped outside, they would get owned. Anyway, I'm going back out into the lawless zone tonight, so hopefully it won't be as bad as yesterday... Who am I kidding though?

It will probably be worse, lol. Oh and one quick question. Does stealth actually even help against PKers? I know whenever I pop stealth near an enemy and try to walk past them, they still see me anyway, so I never really found much of a use for it.

TetsuyaHikari wrote:

I'm not worried about the future. I'm worried about the present.

I currently have no means of defending myself right now. I'm just not prepared and there's nothing I can do but just take it up the ass right now, lol. That's why it's frustrating. I just hate being put into situations I feel powerless in, that's all.

Did you read that particular part of my reply?

Bryan Fury wrote:

in this particular situation, it's really bad, BECAUSE we (you) are not playing on the EU/NA servers, so it's pretty difficult to find help [.....]

[...] When we will be able to play on EU/NA servers there will be a thousand billion of Clans and Alliances that can help your own faction to clear an infested area

You have not and you MUST NOT have a mean to defend yourself and play seriously HERE in the KR server (adding that you are playing with 300ms as minimum).

Just use the lucky chance you got to play in the KR servers to learn all you can and use your experience when you will be able to play with people like me that can understand how you feel and that CAN help you whenever you need help (IF you are on my own faction ofc.. otherwise.. you'll need to find another one and you'll be my enemy and killed on sight ;) )

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
      Well, it didn't actually go so bad tonight, lol. I helped chase down this level 40 guy with another Assassin to kill him (I usually only interfere if someone is in danger of dying, they strike me first, or if we're all ganging up on one to prevent him from killing someone again). Overall though, it wasn't a bad night. If anything, I wish I could apologize to the guy I accidentally attacked while he was AFK, lol.

I was in the area killing enemies and I ran to my left and saw this character with a red name standing in front of two NPCs with yellow names (one of which was an item NPC, but I couldn't talk to them for some reason...) and I began attacking the one with the red name thinking it was a different/new enemy. They didn't react at first, so I was like, "Huh... That's weird. Maybe a bug." and I kept hitting him. After knocking his health down to about 40% or so, I noticed he was finally attacking me (another Assassin no less) and I glanced up to see his level was 40 (while the other enemies in the area were 31 or so), so I knew I fucked up, lol.

Naturally, even though I brought him down to 40% HP and I was still at full, he killed me pretty quickly once he started hitting me. I just managed to hit 35 last night, so I don't expect to be able to stand up to level 40 guys just yet.

Nito wrote:

Pop a peace declaration and don't worry about anything besides getting trained by some wannabe ganker or by your own faction.

Well... to be honest the areas around dungeon entrances are usually camped if there is no safe zone around them (like ArcheAge had). As Steparu already mentioned in some videos a faction imbalance will or can result in one faction completely cut off the other faction from various resources like dungeons, world bosses, etc.

I wouldn't worry much about the World Boss fights since they are incredibly tight in terms of time and sometimes in terms of faction vs faction pvp but well...

I understand your rant however as said - pop a peace declaration, finish your quests and done. I already ran into several idiots and zergs which camp on certain zones in order to kill and gank lower level people. However you either live with it and try to deal with it within the game's legal possibilities or simply have to understand that the game isn't suited for you or won't be that enjoyable. Not going to say that the design choice could have been made in a better way, however if this was the English release/beta I think that you would see more gankers but also more people who fight the gankers and gank the enemy faction.

TetsuyaHikari wrote:

Well, it didn't actually go so bad tonight, lol. I helped chase down this level 40 guy with another Assassin to kill him (I usually only interfere if someone is in danger of dying, they strike me first, or if we're all ganging up on one to prevent him from killing someone again). Overall though, it wasn't a bad night. If anything, I wish I could apologize to the guy I accidentally attacked while he was AFK, lol.

I was in the area killing enemies and I ran to my left and saw this character with a red name standing in front of two NPCs with yellow names (one of which was an item NPC, but I couldn't talk to them for some reason...) and I began attacking the one with the red name thinking it was a different/new enemy. They didn't react at first, so I was like, "Huh... That's weird. Maybe a bug." and I kept hitting him. After knocking his health down to about 40% or so, I noticed he was finally attacking me (another Assassin no less) and I glanced up to see his level was 40 (while the other enemies in the area were 31 or so), so I knew I fucked up, lol.

Naturally, even though I brought him down to 40% HP and I was still at full, he killed me pretty quickly once he started hitting me. I just managed to hit 35 last night, so I don't expect to be able to stand up to level 40 guys just yet.

Really was a useless post tbh, did you not read the game description before you got into the OBT? Its Faction base PVP, and OPEN WORLD, meaning as you waited the 2 days to DL this game you knew full well that its built around PVP and NO safe zones. Im not saying that it may or may not Feel right in your eyes but at least they took some measure to try and satisfy people like yourself with peace pots, or how about form a group? There's options but you are unwilling to explore them

Blackdef wrote:

Nito wrote:

TetsuyaHikari wrote:

Really was a useless post tbh, did you not read the game description before you got into the OBT? Its Faction base PVP, and OPEN WORLD, meaning as you waited the 2 days to DL this game you knew full well that its built around PVP and NO safe zones. Im not saying that it may or may not Feel right in your eyes but at least they took some measure to try and satisfy people like yourself with peace pots, or how about form a group? There's options but you are unwilling to explore them

First off, I was well aware of the open PvP feature involved in this game before I even considered playing it. However, I gave it the benefit of the doubt and thought, "Well, maybe not everyone will be an asshole.", so that's my fault, sure. Also, why the hell would you think it would take 2 days to download the game when it only took me a few hours...? Did it really take you 2 days to download this? Lol

Lastly, yes... Peace declarations exist, but here's the thing. You don't have an infinite supply of them. I've already used all of mine so far to avoid conflict, so now I'm out. What? You're suggesting I pay real money just to avoid PKers now? Yeah, no... That's not exactly an option. As for your group statement... Let's see... I'm one of the few English speaking players on this server in a game that is consisted primarily of Korean players.

How the fuck would you propose I form a group exactly? Yes, the options are there and I'm willing to explore them, but it's not as easy as you think it is. Hell, I even copied down some simple Korean to state I was looking for a party (also included my level, which was 5 over the requirement) in front of a dungeon entrance. I waited for a good 30 minutes or so, spamming this message every couple of minutes, give or take. I still couldn't get a group going.

So don't sit there and tell me I'm unwilling to explore these options. I've tried and failed, but shit happens and that's all there is to it. It's okay to vent about this shit, you know. Yes, I wish they handled the PvP differently in this game, but I'm still going to continue to play it, regardless of how I feel towards getting ganked. It doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be upset about it though.

However, what it does mean is that people like you can't come in here and tell me that I'm ignorant or that the game isn't for me, simply because I have a problem with a particular feature in the game. People don't have to like every feature in a game they play, man. I'm sure there are some things you don't like about Bless as well or wish they would change, but you're still interested in the game. Otherwise, why would you be here?
      First off, I was well aware of the open PvP feature involved in this game before I even considered playing it. However, I gave it the benefit of the doubt and thought, "Well, maybe not everyone will be an asshole.", so that's my fault, sure.

Anonymity - definition: People on the internet will be assholes because they can get away with it.
      I just remembered my Elyos days versus Asmodians on Aion. they won't ever stop. you keep getting murdered by them, you keep running away... When I started playing BLESS, I know when I hit 30, my life will change... I just imagine BLESS a modern type of Aion. well, without the rift. :| PK is sometimes a real deal. Asmodians stealth kill behind my back and you see your screen with the wild glowing red eyes on them... damn... poor angel elyos. As I near reaching the critical pvp level 20 going to 30... my hand is starting to get cold, and I'm getting paranoid sometimes. As I watch my character in BLESS progress. Flashbacks is returning to my head about PKs... feels so cold while i am progressing. lol