Server Types?

• New

This game has very active PVE areas that are designed for PVE but no arena, that I know of. Castle Siege, Guild Wars, and the Faction elements are the PVP elements I'm aware of for the game. I don't think this game is going to heavily push the PVE/Esports part of gaming but I could be wrong. Personally I want to see them develop more PVE stuff but that's because I don't personally like PVP that much and tend to be terrible at it.
    • New

Just to clarify some things....

the general goods merchant has an item for 5 silver where you are immune to being targeted in pvp for 10 mins (10 min CD). so every 10 mins you can spend 5 silver to not get attacked by other players. So for those who do not want to be bothered with pvp, there is your solution.
    • New

Korealer wrote:

the general goods merchant has an item for 5 silver where you are immune to being targeted in pvp for 10 mins (10 min CD). so every 10 mins you can spend 5 silver to not get attacked by other players. So for those who do not want to be bothered with pvp, there is your solution.
      Indeed, it's not only a cash-shop item
    • New

Pentrep wrote:

This game has very active PVE areas that are designed for PVE but no arena, that I know of. Castle Siege, Guild Wars, and the Faction elements are the PVP elements I'm aware of for the game. I don't think this game is going to heavily push the PVE/Esports part of gaming but I could be wrong. Personally I want to see them develop more PVE stuff but that's because I don't personally like PVP that much and tend to be terrible at it.
      How much money is 60 silver in Bless? Compared to say, WoW perhaps.
    • New

Korealer wrote:

Well that's great news, it gives us options and that's all I really want. Granted, 10 mins is a bit short and having to pop the item every 10 mins is a bit annoying, but I guess it's better than nothing.
    • New

A solution? Bind the potion to a key and press it all 10 min. Wow ! And you can use it if you already attacked? As far as I know you can't. A great solution realy! Why should the PvE players invest money to be save please? Do you realy think that people where are on the run to gather material for crafting or concentrate for questing, don't forget to press the keys all 10 mins? Parallel in the TS and talk/in a discussion may be?

And honestly 60 silver is a lot of ingame money for a causal player where isn't in the higher level.

Whatever, the solution is found: Coasts for PvE players and hope that they don't forget to press the key each 10 min.
      So, we can close this unnecessary discussion.
    • New

Vhalkin wrote:

I would say 100 gold on Bless is like 4000 gold on WoW. But it's hard to say.

Btw, this item can't be used once you reach the Lv.45. Obviously, this is meant to the JP community, and if it goes any deeper for the EU/NA community, i think Bless will lost a lot of players. They really need to do PvE and PvP servers, i hope there will be enought players to make that happen and that they will see clearly it's necessity.

PS: This item doesn't allow you to receive or give any support skill also lmao
    • New

Vhalkin wrote:

Pentrep wrote:

Gold is pretty hard to come by but that's because it's hard to navigate the market right now. I managed to get my epic set on the gold I made which cost like 500g or something. I made that after hitting cap and just selling random things. I think it will be easier to make money when we can play the market.
    • New

Also another thing to clarify:

A lot of the quests/campaign quests will bring you to your own instanced channel, even if the open-world areas where pvp is enabled. Most of the time even when I am playing on prime-time in japan, you dont run into people that much unless you are trying to find pvp on purpose (so just run to the area of where the faction camp/towns are for questing). The game wont "die" because there isn't a pve server. You are a lot safer and wont get ganked as much as you think. If you start the game from launch, you will not have to worry about "high level gankers", cause they wont exist lol. There will be too many things to do at cap before someone can even think about ganking lowbies (plus its a waste of time and they wont get much out of it).
    • New

Personally, I'm all about the PVE, especially dungeons. I would PVP sometimes just to see what the fuss was or to help when my guild wanted to go for territory, and sometimes it was fun. Sometimes it wasn't.

My two cents is pretty much this: There needs to be PVP options because people like PVP.

I don't. A lot of other people don't. But from what I've seen, the hardcore PVPers spend lots of money to buy pots, crafting materials, fortifying materials, etc. Companies like money, so it doesn't make sense to not have a PVP option.

Because it's an option and not a mandatory part of the game I wouldn't have to sign up for arena if I didn't want to. But it would give the PVP people a part of the game that they enjoyed as much as I tend to enjoy dungeons and PVE.

I don't like open world PVP because ... I suck at PVP. I really do. I die a lot and that annoys me and I get frustrated and start shaking my fists at my computer and demanding people get off my lawn. But it's a part of the game so I'll get over it. Or, you know, get good.

So long as I don't loose items, mounts, or anything but my dignity, I'll deal. I just hate when capped players go ganking the newbies because it takes them 30 levels and a crapton of max level gear to be brave enough to face a level 12.

But with a faction v. faction world, the ganking at least is lore-based rather than jerk-based.
    • New

Baelan wrote:

Personally, I believe there =IS= a need for different servers. This is not KR. This the West. We have an entirely different play style here.

Not everyone is interested in PvP. Some people, including the RP community, just want to enjoy the game, the graphics and interacting with friends on quests without having to constantly watch over their shoulders. Also, casual gamers and senior citizens are becoming more and more active in MMOs.

I enjoy PvP as much as the next guy. It's challenging, exciting, fast-paced, you have to think on your feet... not to mention you have the opportunity to kick your bud's butt if you catch him in your territory.

But in order to appeal to the largest numbers and widest variety of people I think it would be a good idea to offer at least one server dedicated to PvE with designated areas in which PvP is allowed and encouraged.

This would appeal to the roleplayers, casual gamers and senior players who can then go about their storylines and quests without worrying about being ganked. If their story takes them into danger, or they decide to challenge themselves against other players, the designated PvP areas on the PvE server are there for them to enjoy as well.

PvP'ers will still be happy because they can continue challenging and killing each other without listening to non-PvP'ers complaining.

All of one thing or all of another thing isn't a healthy environment to keep different types of players interested and involved, but offer a variety... even a limited variety... and you'll have a more solid foundation on which to build a better gaming communit.
      You can RP also on PVP server...its a fraction based game...an it will lose sence without fraction open world pvp...and that is also part of RP or not :) So is life right...If you dont like PvP , than dont go in +30 lvl zones :D Just get in guild and if some1 camps you..you bring your guild and than GANGBANG! Like old days in wow
    • New

Anttyr wrote:

A solution? Bind the potion to a key and press it all 10 min. Wow ! And you can use it if you already attacked? As far as I know you can't. A great solution realy! Why should the PvE players invest money to be save please? Do you realy think that people where are on the run to gather material for crafting or concentrate for questing, don't forget to press the keys all 10 mins? Parallel in the TS and talk/in a discussion may be?

And honestly 60 silver is a lot of ingame money for a causal player where isn't in the higher level.

Whatever, the solution is found: Coasts for PvE players and hope that they don't forget to press the key each 10 min.
      So, we can close this unnecessary discussion.
      well sory to say but this game is fraction based game..it will ruin the exp and the sence of awarness in game if you as an "human player" can act like an neutral npc :D If i see the oposing fraction player...oooh yes i will get on him! Oooor maybe he can use some RP skills and perhapse talk me out of it...idk...i just want to have a choice..and i want it to be MINE! In real life is also like that dude..you cant press a button to save your self from a BRAWL :D
    • New

Lileen wrote:

Heh, not sure how I should take this. I'm an avid roleplayer as well, but don't really enjoy spontaneous, open world PvP. Does that make me a "carebear"... ? :huh:

In any case, I've always been a supporter of the official RP tag on server names as I strongly believe it helps the community, and especially newcomers, to simply know where to look if they intend to roleplay. However I'm not entirely sure it's the greatest idea to try and split our already very small playerbase. Under other circumstances, I'd say heck, let's make a server for each kind of players, PvP, PvE, RPPvE, RPPvP, etc... but today, simply looking at forums, Steam boards and other places, it unfortunataly appears we aren't a lot to be excited for the game. (Yet... ?)

I am honestly torn here, because I'd definitely love to meet other roleplayers, but I certainly wouldn't want to end up on a dead server. While I'm willing to take a few risks, I still very much intend to play the game "seriously", gear up, find a somewhat competitive guild, explore and clear as much content as possible.
      *waves* Hello Lileen! It wasn't my intention to insinuate that if you are a roleplayer and do not want to partake in spontaneous open world PvP that you should be instantly labeled a "carebear". I'm sorry if that is the impression you received from my post. What I was addressing was the comments in this thread that Roleplayers would automatically request a change in the core functionality of the game for their designated server. The PvE vs PvP server idea/request in this case in NOT coming from the RP community, like I think many believe. It is a conversation within the larger community as a whole. There are many in the roleplay community who share your view. It's just that there are an equal amount who look forward to the Open world PvP aspects of this game. Now, do I think this is something that would fracture the community if the designated PvP server was somehow PvE? I don't think so. We are a pretty strong sub-community, in general. We will stick with each other.

I suggest, if you haven't yet, come check out out at BlessRoleplay.com if you are an avid RPer! Hop in our discord and get to know everyone!

--------------------------------------------

Back to the OP

I find the recent announcement by the titan game World of Warcraft to be pretty interesting. A game that is a giant in its own right, and one that has held PvP specific servers for a long time, has decided to remove the PvP Server tag all together. Giving the option to the player on whether or not they want to be flagged 100% of the time out in the world. Initially is sounds like the 100% flagged and un-flagged players would be in different "instances of the world". Is this a sign of the times that the PvE player is actually a bigger and more profitalble demographic than the PvP player?

Question is, could something like that work for Bless AND be a healthy compromise for the two sides of this argument? The players who want PvP on all the time can have that option and the players who want to remain un-flagged can go out into the world to enjoy their PvE time.
    • New

It is so boring to restart the discussion.

Kill what you want. Do what you want. Kill in game. Kill in RL ..... Whatever. Honestly this discussion is so senseless || .

The most I talk was for the game. To get a great, big population ! And this you will have only with PvE players in the game. That was my speaking. And also I talk from a game world and not from RL. Meanwhile I understood, for some people (thanks god for low number compare to the PvE players) it is a necessary satisfaction to kill in a game.
      And faction based game? The most games are faction based ... and the companies, where created such games, have the knowledge, that make the most money when offer the game for all kind of players.
      AND BLESS NEED IT more than others. Believe it ... or not.

FyI:
      I talked with a lot of my guild in the old game. From 50 active gamers:

45 says ... no thanks .. openPvP is not for me.
      5 says ... it is for me and I can play it

From this 5 PvP players 2 have a premium acc (which pay for the game 84 € per year).
      From the 45 PvE players have around 20 a Premium acc.

So, now go to the next corner , sit down , and think from where the game get the most money to continue the development.

And hopefully now you understood what I want to say all the time:
      It isn't only the fact that I don't like openPvP (but I play instanced PvP). I will stay a longer time in BLESS. And I'm still afraid that the number of players will be not enough only with PvP-Player (be sure I'm not the only one).

Meanwhile I also preffer separated servers. To give the game chance for a long term ....

I saw so many empty PvP server ... where the PvE server was full. And only why the PvE server was full the PvP server exits further. Believe it ... or not. These are facts. Nothing else.

My last comment in this thread :|

Best regards

The post was edited 1 time, last by Anttyr ().

• New

Neviana wrote:

I suggest, if you haven't yet, come check out out at BlessRoleplay.com if you are an avid RPer! Hop in our discord and get to know everyone!
      I did spend some time on the website, mostly looking at the wiki. (Had a blast reading all the articles !)

I do generally avoid from posting on forums however, because my English is too basic. (I live in France, and French is my main language..) Bless Source is the only exception I am willing to make, just because I feel this is THE hot spot you have to be at, if you want to get your daily dose of news and meet the community.

But since you've asked so nicely, I'll consider it :3 ... Thanks !
      Please excuse the bad Engrish. I'm still learning !
    • New

If anything, we do try to update the Wiki as we get more information. So you could always follow the front page to hear about updates.

I believe there is a French Roleplay Community as well if you haven't heard about that page yet. :thumbsup:
    • New

Neviana wrote:

Back to the OP

I find the recent announcement by the titan game World of Warcraft to be pretty interesting. A game that is a giant in its own right, and one that has held PvP specific servers for a long time, has decided to remove the PvP Server tag all together. Giving the option to the player on whether or not they want to be flagged 100% of the time out in the world. Initially is sounds like the 100% flagged and un-flagged players would be in different "instances of the world". Is this a sign of the times that the PvE player is actually a bigger and more profitalble demographic than the PvP player?

Question is, could something like that work for Bless AND be a healthy compromise for the two sides of this argument? The players who want PvP on all the time can have that option and the players who want to remain un-flagged can go out into the world to enjoy their PvE time.

I had a similar thought after reading about the new xpac and changes coming with it. One thing that stood out to me that seemed like a good idea, was attaching a bonus to those who were flagged for pvp while out in the world doing stuff. (I think its bonus exp and maybe currency dropped by npcs?). The basic idea being to offer an incentive for players to flag for pvp that doesn't infringe on anyone. I thought this was a pretty clever and seemingly simple mechanic. That way people who absolutely hate pvp and want nothing to do with it don't have to partake. But people who are more on the fence about PvP suddenly have some encouragement to get in there and mix it up.