Bless Update 2

tamberleigh wrote:

Your reply to Dokanix.

Eh, I think if Dokanix feels insulted in some way, he/she can say so and we can look into the roots of this issue, if there is one. I found that one comment quite arrogant and clearly sad why.
      The forums are for sharing experience and opinion, but I would not expect someone to tell me what to do or what to play, or what exactly I should look for in a game.

tamberleigh wrote:

I'm guessing I should try out Tera to take a look at their combat if that's going to be similar - in some way - to Bless. Or maybe I'm bored and just want a game to play?

Actually I am not sure, that it will be similar. The official info so far states otherwise and the first CBT showed quite different combat style.
      After the CBT they received quite a lot of feedback and they *might* act on it, but of course this is not sure.

Actually there is quite nice link from @Squishy here: bless.pmang.com/index.nwz?mKey…board/read/101/N/41175259
      @Emarcii will give proper translation when ready, no preassure :)

So, bottom line: I hope they will make it like Tera, others hope they will not touch it, which is understandable.
      Anyway, if you still havent tried Tera, you can do it - costs nothing and the story is quite nice. If it had the end-game of Lineage 2, I would not look for another game for a long long time.
      Oh, I'll try BD if only to play with the character creation. I'm not really interested in the game they're working on, but the world looks amazing.

Black Desert has better character creation than Sims series... That's actually funny. I can't understand spending 3 hours on making your alter ego and then wearing a helmet for the rest of the game.

Dokanix wrote:

Oh, I'll try BD if only to play with the character creation. I'm not really interested in the game they're working on, but the world looks amazing.

Black Desert has better character creation than Sims series... That's actually funny. I can't understand spending 3 hours on making your alter ego and then wearing a helmet for the rest of the game.

That's why I don't wear helmets in games.

But that character customization makes it almost impossible to have a duplicate of your character anywhere. Ever.

I do like wearing helmets unless they look like an empty bowl.
      People actually look at other people's face in games? Sure you can see a diffrent hairstyle or even gender (eagles only >.>) but I don't care about eyes, mouth and nose, unless you are super ugly of course.

Dokanix wrote:

I do like wearing helmets unless they look like an empty bowl.
      People actually look at other people's face in games? Sure you can see a diffrent hairstyle or even gender (eagles only >.>) but I don't care about eyes, mouth and nose, unless you are super ugly of course.

There are some people who actually spend almost half a day creating their character trying to make into the ultimate beautiful character of the game like if there was some Beauty Contest and are very conscious of how they character looks like in-game and always thinking what will make them look even cooler or beautiful. Now that's where the part of being upset(maybe not but something similar to it) by spending hours to create some super sexy character and be blocked by a helmet comes in.
      I personally don't care that much about those aspects of character creation and helmets blocking their almighty looks, but i do enjoy to use them if they look good with the armor specially on classes like Berserker, Guardian and Paladin.
      Yeah, the shoulders and helmet are usually the best looking parts, especially when they are heavy armour, that's probably why you like berserk, guardian and pala the most. As you said there are some people who care too much about their ingame look, but that's their business. I can create a character that looks nice and fit my needs in like five minutes, but that's MY business. I see that you are sharing my opinion.
      I actually dislike how most shoulder armor looks. They're often made way too big and bulky and look disproportionate on my characters.
      Also I never show my helmet, unless it looks like a diadem/tiara and complements my character's hairstyle.

I'm also one of those people who agonize over the way their character looks xD When Rift came out a few years ago I leveled my first character to 50, decided I didn't like the way she looked and leveled a new character to 50. That was back when there was no way to change your character's appearance yet. All my friends thought I was insane (and I probably am).

Shiverlynn wrote:

I've never been able to like anything that I've created ;( I can no longer count how many novels and games (RPG Maker used to be a hobby of mine) were left unfinished because of that. I have a problem.

tamberleigh wrote:

You're not alone, Shiver. Hey, we should start a support group!

And then quit and start another, better support group!

I'd be sailing right along with you all. The closest I can to completing a novel was like fifty pages... 3: