Bless Update 2

They're speaking about better controls and faster combat speed from what I understand, and also about making the environment play a bigger part in combat. They've also improved the impact feedback (recoil animation, monster sounds when being hit).

Finally they're saying they've improved the accuracy of targeting when hitting the Tab key, so I guess it's still a tab-targeting system for now.

Squishy wrote:

Apparently Bless Dev team took heed to player feedback and announced a multitude of changes in combat system.

http://bless.pmang.com/index.nwz?mKey=2&sKey=3#board/read/101/N/41175259

Someone should accurately translate this.

Google Chrome's translate thingy accurate enough? I'll make a post with a translation of what it gives.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Emarcii” ().

Dokanix wrote:

Action combat was "the future" but now we are going back to the roots. They shouldn't change their game completly because some players want it. Go play hack'n slash games if you want.

lol
      No, you are going back to the roots :) And of course the devs will at least consider changing the game upon received feedback, thats why Alpha/Betas are organized in a first place. Feedback. And acting on it.

And while I can understand different play preferences, such arrogant general statements as yours are just pathetic.
      Not reacting on the received feedback will help even less.

If you think, that you will play it for free - you are greatly mistaken - of course it is their game, but they don't develop it for fun, but to make profit. There will be mechanisms to ensure profit, no one invests years of development just because you would like to play a new free game. If it will be P2P, B2P or cash shop - I don't know, but they will make sure one way or another the game will have revenue. Which is totally fine.
      I am pretty sure it will be F2P and I'll probably spend a lot of money on it. Yeah, I think I'll play it for free. As long as it is F2P noone is forcing me to throw a penny at them. You didn't understand me before: Sure, they can change their game, but they have a vision, and should they turn it around just to make half of the players happier?
      I don't know, 50% of your stake holders is quite a serious number.
      However, I am not sure what the feedback really was and what percentage do actually want action-based combat, would be interesting.

Black Desert are much more open in this regards - they posted the CBT feedback and stated on which points they will improve... I would like to see similar thing for Bless.
      According to Steparu the game uses a hybrid style of tab-target, during cbt1 it was only berzerkers that didn't use tab-target. The tab-target used was quite messy, and to quote Steparu.

The targeting system was insanely confusing because it uses the same assist targeting as Blade & Soul at the same time it users a tab targeting feature. Here is how the targeting in Bless Online works. If you don't have any targets selected, it will auto target a monster that is front of you. It doesn't matter if it's a mile away or not, it will just do it. Sounds comfy right? Not really, because if you press tab then this feature breaks and you will have to tab through all the monsters in front and behind you to find the right target in front of you. I decided to fill in their survey and hoped that they would improve the combat and gameplay because it ain't looking good.

As far as personal opinion goes:
      • The biggest problem with traditional tab-target combat is that often it becomes hitting a string of abilities and you mostly just rely on your mathematical offense and defense rating.
      • A hybrid combat system could be made fun if your more basic attacks rely on tab-target, but you have special attacks that you have to target, and you are forced to avoid/counter the enemies attacks.
      • I prefer action combat over tab-target because it has more potential for reactive combat. However, there has been quite a lot of action combat games with poor combat so its far from being a guarantee that a games combat will be great just because there is no tab-targetting.
      Just remember. Its not a lie...if you believe it.

Post was edited 2 times, last by “Shaigh” ().

tamberleigh wrote:

Mind the insulting comments, Merlin ...

Perhaps you could be more concrete? Where/when/how did I insulted someone?

tamberleigh wrote:

Bless and BD aren't the same game, aren't run by the same people, and haven't had the same betas, yet. It's oranges and tangerines at the moment, and all we can do is guess. So let's guess nicely.

Yes, I think we are on the same page here.

+1 @Pyrolight, yes, I also like very much how combat works there.
      Ive been feeling bored too I have a max char on L2 and gw 2 Gw2 is boring now was ok for a yr then crappy cuz i like tthe holy trinity it just works for me
      waiting for bless to come out but only good thing is destiny is gonna come out in couple months and i played beta of ps4 and it is awesome
      but I really want bless out now.lol