Questions About Gameplay

Questions About Gameplay

Hi, there.

I've been playing MMOs for a few years, now, and am very much looking for a new one. Bless looks like the most interesting one coming up, and I have high hopes it'll find its way across the ocean to the US sometime soon. Now that the CB is over - and people are free of their NDAs - I was hoping to get some answers to a few questions.

I tend to roll a tank in my games. How is the tank play in Bless? Is it easy to get and keep aggro? Are there aggro skills or is aggro based on damage? Is it better to go sword and board or two handed? What's the best class to tank with? (I really like the looks of the cats ... )

I prefer PVE and dungeons over PVP, so ... how are the dungeons? Do they rely on teamwork? Do they need the holy trinity or can a pair of dps just waltz through them? (I love taking a party through a dungeon; easily my favorite part of any game and games that make dungeons too easy, or nerf tanks and screw up the need for teamwork really annoy me.)

How is the party and loot system in Bless? If you're in a party with someone is xp gained equally? How is loot divided? Is it first-come-first-served or is there a roll for it? How are kills counted? If two people are in a party and only one person kills a monster - in a kill/grind quest sort of thing - do both get credit or only the person who hits first?

Is there - or is there going to eventually be - a couple system?

And the most important question ... how hard is it to get a mount? Do you need to save up gold or do you get one fairly early in? And if so, do you get a choice of what mount you want?
      Looking forward to answers of those questions!

About the mount - I have red somwehre, that you can get mounts from quest lines, so I would expect it to be quite easy, at least for some basic mounts.

I would like to add one more: I have seen several scenes of combat, but it seems hard to determine just from them how the combat really feels - static (point and shoot/hit - more like in Lineage 2), or dynamic (jump, evade, roll - more like Tera) or something in between?
      Very good questions.
      I'm new to the boards as well, and although I know the real learning of these things will come from doing, I too am interested in finding out as much as I can before release. If I come across answers to any of those specific (good) questions I will post a link to it's source.
      Thanks, Bast and Merlin. I'm aware that the beta only recently ended, and stuff will probably still end up being tweaked here and there, but the party/loot system is an issue for me since I almost always play in groups. I can live with almost anything else as long as the dungeons are fun and group play is there.

tamberleigh wrote:

Thanks, Bast and Merlin. I'm aware that the beta only recently ended, and stuff will probably still end up being tweaked here and there, but the party/loot system is an issue for me since I almost always play in groups. I can live with almost anything else as long as the dungeons are fun and group play is there.

I am exactly the same. i love to do dungeons over pvp, not that i dislike the pvp, but there`s smth about it when you can lead into an instance and they all rely on you. I love that feeling and i would like to know the answers to your questions too, because they`re good questions.

i just saw that of the world bosses will drop rare mounts. its a fake i spoke to the developer and said that you have to look for them arrount the world. they will be rare mount that they wont be easy to find in an area , they are there but they leave some things so you can search for it. it wontr be easy to cath them like giants or horses. one of the rare mounts is a unicorn, special mount, that leaves a king of blue particles on the ground so you can see that something was recently there. you have to look for him and tame it, but it wont be easy. another rare mount that you could control is a flying mount called fenix. its like a giant eagle with no fire but red feathers. also we have others like a glif that mithologic creature thats very cool you know? if you are not carefull they will killl you while you are riding it to tame it. also they are others and in later patch those dragons that leave you on a city also you will be able to control them and be free and go anywhere with him without being autocontroled. thats something that yesterday i made the question to the developer and i have more. the only thing that world bosses will drop for loot can be, armor skins, weapon skins, rare and legendary weapons, also normal ones but powefull, and dont forget also rare or legendary or also normal equipment, but not mounts.

ligthninglegend wrote:

i just saw that of the world bosses will drop rare mounts. its a fake i spoke to the developer and said that you have to look for them arrount the world. they will be rare mount that they wont be easy to find in an area , they are there but they leave some things so you can search for it. it wontr be easy to cath them like giants or horses. one of the rare mounts is a unicorn, special mount, that leaves a king of blue particles on the ground so you can see that something was recently there. you have to look for him and tame it, but it wont be easy. another rare mount that you could control is a flying mount called fenix. its like a giant eagle with no fire but red feathers. also we have others like a glif that mithologic creature thats very cool you know? if you are not carefull they will killl you while you are riding it to tame it. also they are others and in later patch those dragons that leave you on a city also you will be able to control them and be free and go anywhere with him without being autocontroled. thats something that yesterday i made the question to the developer and i have more. the only thing that world bosses will drop for loot can be, armor skins, weapon skins, rare and legendary weapons, also normal ones but powefull, and dont forget also rare or legendary or also normal equipment, but not mounts.

Nice info!