combat system?

Ok i try explain better with my perfect english x) when i heard about bless and saw some game play videos the combat system was the classic target based,like wow... a little time after i read about changes of combat system from target to action, like tera ok? After korean cbt i saw another game play and cambats was not so action as i tought, i mean i play tera and know what action system is. So my question is: how will be the combat system in bless? Hope you undertand what i mean lol

waiteck wrote:

Omg... target system is so old and obsolete..that is not a good news for me sadly.its the "final" version of combat system or i can still hope for a good and fully action gameplay?

I seriously doubt that they will take their time and revamp the whole combat system at this point.
      So it's most likely going to stay the way it is.

waiteck wrote:

Omg... target system is so old and obsolete..that is not a good news for me sadly.its the "final" version of combat system or i can still hope for a good and fully action gameplay?

ill find the link in a moment

basically if you live near the servers its is incredibly enjoyable (think tera combat) however with even the slightest ping it becomes unplayable making a huge chunk of the population who isn't near the servers unable to play

youtube.com/watch?v=FQPVoVaPOQU
      Ahri so cute
      you might say its old and obsolete. I disagree and having played both types of systems I tend to favor the classic system.
      In the end its about your personal preference, but from my experience with both, the classic tabbing targets works better then the targetting mmos i played
      i also disagree with calling targeting systems old and obsolete, what some ppl try to propagate for whatever reasons. for me it's also more a thing of preference and having played both I have to say I enjoyed both and it really comes down to how it is implemented. therefore i'm curious to see how well the mixed system works out in Bless, especially in pvp.
      Of course it is old and obsolete in my opinion. I played both too and i personali prefer play an action game then a target system game but i never seen/heard about a mixed so it will be a great possibility so try something new and maybe much better then todays standards. I would not offence or insul nobody with my opinions. Regards
      The biggest problem with the old system always is too much RNG and not enough active counterplay.
      Bless doesn't have that much RNG it seems (misses only occur if player/mob is facing wrong direction at execution time, thus missing with the skill trajectory), so the only problem can be counterplay for the targeted abilities. If Bless features active block/dodge with invFrames, this would address that too and i can imagine the combat to be quite enjoyable, especially in PvP.

Aion suffered hard in this department, because the game action was already calculated on the server about 1s ahead of what is rendered on the client (that's why you also had problems with 'enemy out of range' as melee classes), thus making even the classes with 'dodge abilities' having to always guess ahead instead of being able to actively counterplay.

TERA was close to perfection in both terms, but suffered from asynchronous behavior on client compared to server, because movement through skills (warrior/slayer standard attack movement is a great example) seemed to be calculated inaccurate.

If Bless can overcome those problems, there will be no MMO available that could match it's PvP combat.
      I think there is more than the targeting system involved here. Combat fluidity is a more important factor. Sadly, no game with targeting system (active combat) resolves this issue correctly. In GW2 the combat feels rather bad and combat mechanics simply are clunky. Tera resolves this issue a little better, but again there are many cases the combat system is not fluid but rather clunky.

The same things can be said about tab-targeting systems. But in this games it is rather a question of quality not a combat mechanics related problem. WOW has very fluid combat (only AOE and directional skills are targeted). I think this is the best approach for a MMO.
      "Your skill in trolling has increased by 1."
      WoWs system is a total joke and full of garbage RNG calculations. Comparable to Aion, but with a few targeted abilities and without chaining but has the horrible GCD mechanic. Only advantage over Aion, apart from the few skillshots, is the faster synchronization between calculations and visuals.
      Of course tab-targeting is old and obsolete :)

I have also played tab-targeting game for a long time (Lineage 2), and I also enjoyed it quite a lot, but I am not going to play tab-target games EVER again after I played Tera. (//offtopic: Not that I play Tera any more, but this is completely anothert topic, it is only because Tera is completely missing eny end-game.)

@Masaru, you can have your opinion, and I am not trying to convince you or anything, but only because you mentioned pvp: here is how combat looks right now in Bless for a caster class - last video on the first page, look around 2:40:
      steparu.com/reviews/mmorpg/151…review-of-1st-closed-beta
      Edit: here is the vid:

So, a caster class and a mob stand facing eachother and hit till one falls down... how enetertaining! (paladin in this case... which is odd - with paladin my first association is with heavy armor melee fighter). I was not able to find any Bless pvp videos, but PVP will be no different.

You can compare with Tera PVP:

Or PVP in the incoming Black Desert, which will be my game of choice, unless they change Tera's combat mechanics, which they MIGHT do, based on the CBT feedback:

So base line, it is all about dynamics and player skill, not only character skills and gear.

Post was edited 2 times, last by “MerlinBG” ().