Pinned [Survey] The results are here!!

• Dewulf wrote:

Blade and Soul is still pretty popular and had huge hype on launch. And we are talking about game that got released in korea in 2012. EU/NA release was in 2016.
      Well yes and no cause when B&S launched there wasnt much else available so it did get alot of players at start but within 3 months alot left the game moving to BDO and other titles. It took way to long for that game to come out and it def hurt the hype train that was there one year before. If it had come out one year earlier there would have been a much larger player base at start and also one that probably stayed as well for a long time after.

Larek wrote:

Tez wrote:

I can tell you this if you wait to long to bring this out in NA/EU then you wont get many players since the game will be outdated if you wait to long.People want fresh titles that come out in KR and NA close to each other. If a game comes out in KR and then in NA 2 years later its not going to get alot of players due to other games coming out that now have passed it.

Please dont wait 1 or 2 years after KR goes live to bring this out or it will fail.

If Aeria is truly trying to bring back a good image from its previous titles where most of us lost respect than do things on the correct path. Dont make the game p2w and dont wait years after the KR releases there version.
      Yes and No.
      Obviously, we want to bring you the game as soon as possible but we also do not want to provide you with a rushed game. Having a lot of players at the start is great. Having a lot of players staying because they enjoy the game and have enough content is even more important.
      I appreciate the reply and I understand the need to make sure you have a finished game but at least bring out cbt's sooner than and let the player base go through and fine tune the game for you rather than holding off release because you and the staff at Aeria are doing it all yourselves.

Having lets say 6 cbts spread over the course of 6 months or so will work better than nothing coming out for 6 months cause that is 6 months of time that players could lose interest in the game and move to something else.

Also a player base testing and helping you guys get all the bugs out will always be larger than your own staff and will speed up the process all while showing the community you can come through on the game without delays.

The 2nd part to that is very key and you are right because if you only have enough content to keep players happy for 3 months you will lose tons. You will need enough content for at least 6 months for hardcore players and that will allow the casuals a longer period of time to enjoy the content even.

Just make sure you dont delay the game for 1 or 2 years cause there are other titles and expansions coming out and you will 100% lose alot of interest in this game and I would love to see a large player base in this game cause it has alot of promise.

At the same time I know Aeria is using this to rechange its flawed image and Bless is perfect for that but you guys need to respect that actually keep your word on things.

I am a streamer and will try to start KR Bless to stream it and promote it as well as I did for BDO with on average 500 viewers every night or more.
      Tez
      Focus GM
      focusmmo.com
      twitch.tv/tezmmo
    • Larek wrote:

I know there are a lot of concerns regarding the cash shop / scare of F2P model but we are not stopped on one model yet.
      I may be misreading something there, but do you mean that there's a remote chance that Bless might not actually be F2P, making it AeriaGame's first P2P/B2P game?
    • Zazaaji wrote:

Larek wrote:

I know there are a lot of concerns regarding the cash shop / scare of F2P model but we are not stopped on one model yet.
      I may be misreading something there, but do you mean that there's a remote chance that Bless might not actually be F2P, making it AeriaGame's first P2P/B2P game?
      The question is, do people still trust Buy2Play Models after Black Desert? And since Aerias reputation is not the best (sorry) it might be too risky to go for a Buy2Play model unless their marketing/community department will perform a miracle. Wondering why no one tried a Free Game with a subscription model yet. Make the first 2 weeks free so people can test the game and if they like it they can buy more gametime.
    • Tez wrote:

Dewulf wrote:

Blade and Soul is still pretty popular and had huge hype on launch. And we are talking about game that got released in korea in 2012. EU/NA release was in 2016.
      Well yes and no cause when B&S launched there wasnt much else available so it did get alot of players at start but within 3 months alot left the game moving to BDO and other titles. It took way to long for that game to come out and it def hurt the hype train that was there one year before. If it had come out one year earlier there would have been a much larger player base at start and also one that probably stayed as well for a long time after.

Larek wrote:

Tez wrote:

I can tell you this if you wait to long to bring this out in NA/EU then you wont get many players since the game will be outdated if you wait to long.People want fresh titles that come out in KR and NA close to each other. If a game comes out in KR and then in NA 2 years later its not going to get alot of players due to other games coming out that now have passed it.
      Please dont wait 1 or 2 years after KR goes live to bring this out or it will fail.

If Aeria is truly trying to bring back a good image from its previous titles where most of us lost respect than do things on the correct path. Dont make the game p2w and dont wait years after the KR releases there version.
      Yes and No.Obviously, we want to bring you the game as soon as possible but we also do not want to provide you with a rushed game. Having a lot of players at the start is great. Having a lot of players staying because they enjoy the game and have enough content is even more important.
      I appreciate the reply and I understand the need to make sure you have a finished game but at least bring out cbt's sooner than and let the player base go through and fine tune the game for you rather than holding off release because you and the staff at Aeria are doing it all yourselves.
      Having lets say 6 cbts spread over the course of 6 months or so will work better than nothing coming out for 6 months cause that is 6 months of time that players could lose interest in the game and move to something else.

Also a player base testing and helping you guys get all the bugs out will always be larger than your own staff and will speed up the process all while showing the community you can come through on the game without delays.

The 2nd part to that is very key and you are right because if you only have enough content to keep players happy for 3 months you will lose tons. You will need enough content for at least 6 months for hardcore players and that will allow the casuals a longer period of time to enjoy the content even.

Just make sure you dont delay the game for 1 or 2 years cause there are other titles and expansions coming out and you will 100% lose alot of interest in this game and I would love to see a large player base in this game cause it has alot of promise.

At the same time I know Aeria is using this to rechange its flawed image and Bless is perfect for that but you guys need to respect that actually keep your word on things.

I am a streamer and will try to start KR Bless to stream it and promote it as well as I did for BDO with on average 500 viewers every night or more.
      It would cost them a lot more money to host a server large enough for more than their small internal testing they are doing at the moment of a handful of people
      plus this early in the game (eu/na-wise) testing would bring very little feedback from players that we haven't already stated in our surveys.. all-in-all it's a money sink for them to run so many closed betas and recieve no benefit really at this stage of development with how soon you want them to push the CBTs out.
      the KR version hasn't even turned a profit yet after spending so much developing the game lol

Furia wrote:

Zazaaji wrote:

Larek wrote:

The question is, do people still trust Buy2Play Models after Black Desert? And since Aerias reputation is not the best (sorry) it might be too risky to go for a Buy2Play model unless their marketing/community department will perform a miracle. Wondering why no one tried a Free Game with a subscription model yet. Make the first 2 weeks free so people can test the game and if they like it they can buy more gametime.
      I'm sorry but i would not continue to play Bless if it's a p2p model, i work my job tirelessly and i don't want to spend let's say 15 dollars a month to play a game i can only enjoy fully on the weekends or like 1-2 days a week, it's not even a game as to where being on it all day everday has any benefit so a subscription for players would be a real rip off considering how the game is made... it doesn't cater itself to time spent vs rewards...
    • Judging by players logic every form of payment is bad (nothing personal but my experience so far)

b2p - is bad because of initial investment
      p2p - is bad because of monthly payment and the fact that you pay for gametime you don't really use.
      optional subscription - is bad because people have things I don't have
      f2p with fair cash shop - is bad because all the shiny but optional things cost money
      f2p with unfair cash shop - is bad because it is p2w
      f2p with balanced cash sh op - I said p2w damm it!

b2p with sub - too much money
      b2p with cash shop - as said above

and so on....

Basically - everything is bad and games should be free (and some of that post is sarcasm)

No for real - keep the f2p + somehow balanced cash shop approach.

Bless itself (the game) doesn't justify a b2p model. About optional sub - well I would offer the KR packages as they aren't providing you any form advantage but a p2p model is also out of question ( in my view).

well.... anything else....
    • You're absolutely right!!! As you said, games should be free with balanced cash shop approach! :) And about Aeria Games, we all know that this company isnt the most high and best. That means that they are supposed to find a good/right way to release Bless without problems and ofcourse for the game to stay "alive". (I will seriously hate Aeria Games if they do the same bullshit they did with Scarlet Blade -.- )
    • Tez wrote:

Dewulf wrote:

Actually this happens with any new game. Huge hype at launch and then when the hype dies, player base stabilizes.
      Bless was announced years ago, still most of the people haven't even heard about it. So it doesn't really matter unless the game is way too outdated.
    • Expereince wrote:

Bless online won't support dx11 renderer?
      It can be changed dx9 into dx11 in Unreal engine 3

I hope they will support dx9/dx11 options.
      There is unofficial Dx11 Support, but seems like the devs are not interested in optimizing the game engine at the moment. They pretty much use the UE default configs which are not optimized for mmos. They probably don't care because almost everyone in korea plays on high-end systems at cyber cafes anyway. I hope they know that this is not the case in the west and optimize the game before they plan to release it. I'd also like to see Vulkan support.
    • I come from Guild Wars 2 (I've been playing it since beta and I still play it) and in my opinion B2P with the cash shop gw2 has is perfect, now it may not work with BLESS since Aeria is... well Aeria (not trying to be rude) but with the history they have I think it'd turn into a Black Desert 2.0 or people would just not buy it because of that.

Honestly I don't think Aeria should go any other model except for F2P and hope they don't ruin the game with the cash shop, convenience/cosmetic items that's how it should be, I think.

Edit: I don't know if this was the correct thread to say this haha and I forgot to say thanks for the results :D I really hope Aeria is on top of everything!
    • BLESS is one of my most anticipated MMORPGs currently, I had it in my mind for a long time now as it's the kind of game I love to play, open seamless world/mass PvP/Sieges etc but to be honest I'm very worried that Aeria is going to publish it not because I have personal experience with them but because I keep on finding people everywhere that swear they will never play again a game published by Aeria no matter how good it is, that's how bad impression Aeria left on all those people, also I have already burned twice, one with ArcheAge & one with Black Desert (quit recently), so I'm kind of skeptical & negative in the moment, I feel like there is no hope anymore & I must decide that all companies are rotten & they care for nothing else other than how to make as much money as possible without give a shit for the community in general.

I don't know after what happen with BDO I feel like I won't trust ever again a publisher, I will always have in my mind that everything they say is a bunch of lies camouflaged in sweet words people want to hear & after succeed to lure players in few months later they will do the same shit TRION & Kakao did all over again, I really hope that this game won't turn into ArcheAge 3.0 because if people decide to trust them & Aeria do the same shit TRION/Kakao did then I'm sure this will be the final blow for lot's of people & they will stop playing MMORPGs for good.

Aeria you have a chance here not only to redeem yourselves for whatever you did in the past but to also give hope to all those people who have been burned multiple times in the past from various companies & are thinking to quit MMORPGs because it's certain that the greedy publishers who manage them will ruin them few months later & turn them into something only Wallet-Warriors can enjoy, & there is no point to waste our time playing if we are going to quit after a while anyway, don't loose that chance & don't fck it up, I can just hope that you won't do that for your own & our own good.
    • Since I just recently stumbled over Bless I can only hope that this game won't be ruined by false promises during the launch phase like Black Desert. I quit BDO a few month's ago but ever since I left Daum/Kakao went back on each and every promise they made during the launch so right now if Bless turns b2p I won't touch it (I'm to scarred after BDO for another shot at it so soon (maybe? hopefully? :D)). Just to make sure I went from Guild Wars 2 to BDO because of the payment model (IMO GW2 is the only game doing it right so far) but now I just want a f2p maybe p2p game so I can either look into it or just be sure it's "safe" from the start.

Also since this is the thread of the survey results thanks for those it kind of helped me decide that I'll give another Korean MMO a shot and will now try it out. :)

Regarding the whole debate about Cash Shops i would really like if Aeria Games took inspiration regarding it from successful f2p games not necessarily only MMO's but also other games which run with this system and look at why they work so good. A cash shop done right can get a company a lot more money then the quick cash grabs Trion and Daum/Kakao pulled on us since it won't frustrate players as much (there will always be haters and unsatisfied people thats just how it is) and so will grant a much larger playerbase willing to stay.

PS: I hope my thoughts make at least some sence I wrote this really late at night but still hope what I want to say comes across to you guys and to Larek. :)
    • Larek I would like to ask you something if you don't mind, does Aeria plan to censor the game when you finally release it here in the West? for example there is both nudity & hardcore gore scenes in the various cut scenes, an example:

what are you plan to do for those cases? are you gonna release the original content without touch anything or Aeria plan already to censor anything they don't like or anything that might insult some ESRB rating board/politician/feminist or w/e.
    • I have a few questions too:

When the west version gets CBT/OBT, will we get to try all the races?

I am personally waiting for Sirens to come out and it is the only race that I am very interested to try but they are not out in KR yet. I'm hoping that by the time this game comes to the west, that the game is more complete and with all the races if possible.

Also is there a chance that classes might be open for all races?
      "Restrictions" within a game irks me off, especially when said restrictions are already applied at the start of your gameplay when one is making their first character, which I find very important! (I want to play a healer and or a mystic and it would sadden me if I can't play the race I want to go along with it.)
      <3 Bunnies Forever <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bunny ().

Peria Chronicles