Next on Bless Online

Next on Bless Online

Yesterday (April 9th) Bless Online developers held a conference in Seoul to show what's next on Bless Online and answered the numerous questions of the players.

In short:

- Warehouse (presumably next week)
      - New level cap 50
      - New races (Iblis\Fedayin ?)
      - Warlock and Mystic
      - New region
      - New dungeon
      - More PvP features

LINK: translate.google.com/translate…s%3D154585%26site%3Dbless

Post was edited 1 time, last by “vegax87” ().

Puremystic wrote:

new lvl cap = new skills, yes?!
      new races and no mention of siren?? just 1 more race/copy paste race to add?? :(

Probably following the order it will be on lvl 46 , lvl 48 and lvl 50 to gain new skills.

Well I'm happy to hear they add the Mystic first and a bit sad that the warlock comes later but well.

Also good to hear they already see the fact that basically PvP is non-existent between both factions if you take away dungeon portals, world boss portals and basel gorge. What I'm also wondering is why they advertised it as pure pvp game but currently the best common equipment comes from PvE. The best in slot is the government equipment which is nice but can't be called a common equipment.
      I mean at this point gear difference isn't as bad as in other games however it can become an issue. Hope they look into this one as well.

What I really miss is clear statement on how they want to solve some issues.

As for the warehouse - yay.... finally.
      As for the auction hose - no clue for what they need it. There is a market for potions and basic production mats (ores, fiber, herbs, food, green and blue armor/weapon parts) but the higher lvl mats aren't tradeable unless they want to introduce an armor set for gathering people which were lucky to get legendary (orange) ore/fibers which would be nice to see.

well on the bottom line they want to improve their game steadily which is nice but they should really do it in a relatively fast pace as the markets (kr & co) aren't really that forgiving.

Nito wrote:

Puremystic wrote:

new lvl cap = new skills, yes?!
      new races and no mention of siren?? just 1 more race/copy paste race to add?? :(

Probably following the order it will be on lvl 46 , lvl 48 and lvl 50 to gain new skills.

Well I'm happy to hear they add the Mystic first and a bit sad that the warlock comes later but well.

Also good to hear they already see the fact that basically PvP is non-existent between both factions if you take away dungeon portals, world boss portals and basel gorge. What I'm also wondering is why they advertised it as pure pvp game but currently the best common equipment comes from PvE. The best in slot is the government equipment which is nice but can't be called a common equipment.
      I mean at this point gear difference isn't as bad as in other games however it can become an issue. Hope they look into this one as well.

What I really miss is clear statement on how they want to solve some issues.

As for the warehouse - yay.... finally.
      As for the auction hose - no clue for what they need it. There is a market for potions and basic production mats (ores, fiber, herbs, food, green and blue armor/weapon parts) but the higher lvl mats aren't tradeable unless they want to introduce an armor set for gathering people which were lucky to get legendary (orange) ore/fibers which would be nice to see.

well on the bottom line they want to improve their game steadily which is nice but they should really do it in a relatively fast pace as the markets (kr & co) aren't really that forgiving.

An AH makes sense economically, but only if it is done carefully. They have to determine what items are safe to have on a global market without breaking the game. (you see a lot of inflation and fast-tracking content progression in many other games with AHs). Overall an AH can enrich a game, but only if it is implemented correctly.

On the notion about PvP, keep in mind that this is the Korean version. Asian MMOs are notorious for having restrictive/boring open world pvp features. Yes, they have them, but demographically, the asian market puts a larger emphasis on grinding xp, gear grinding, and PvE, with a smaller focus on instanced and open world PvP (unless they are pushing arenas or an esports style game mode). You see this with a lot of games, even archeage for example. These types of games have fatigue systems and all sorts of other restrictions.

The western market is completely different. Localization is a lot more than just changing text, and you will most likely see many tweaks to game content when it releases in the west. I am not saying they will develop a completely new game feature (by the time a game hits beta core game features have already been set), but you will see certain restrictions removed and incentives added. Especially to PvP. The western market is a lot more open to open world pvp, and this is why the ported versions contrast their original counterparts. (ie. removal of fatigue, more fame for pvp, etc.)

My personal gripe with the game still remains to be the combat system. They did everything else right for the most part (with some minor additions and tweaks). Unfortunately the ideology of having two types of combat modes was a poor design decision IMO. Instead of focusing on one or the other, they are both mediocre. I would like to see them scratch one or the other, or strengthen both of them. The game has great graphics, content, and fidelity in general, but the responsiveness and engagement of the combat isn't reflective of the same degree of polish.

Post was edited 5 times, last by “Sharkuh” ().

There are 2 distinct patch notes, one today and the next one on April 16th about reduced fatigue points,PvP, warehouse, crafting and siege weapons (no mention for the new contents)

translate.google.com/translate…s%3D154674%26site%3Dbless
      It's nice they're not waiting 6 months before new content, but it'll be interesting to see what comes AFTER this initial push of content. Level cap of 50 was supposed to be in game before launch, things like warehouses/dyes/skins were all things that should have been in at launch. Launching without two classes or a race feels really cheap; like they were saving some things just so they'd have something to release after launch instead of launching a complete game.

I think crafting will always be in an odd space for them given there's very little player incentive to grind as hardcore as you need to in order to make the best gear when a NPC gives you almost identical gear. If they made mounts, pets, and minions TRADEABLE, the auction house could be super vibrant and there would be a TON of interest in buying that legendary mount. I think that'd be a very positive thing for both collectors and for folks who just want to pay for the effort someone else put in. On the negative side, that could encourage gold spammers since there's not a ton of reason to spend just gold in game.