Companions are acquired via Obedience/Taming. Once tamed, Companions have their own UI that can be used to select them.
3. There are a total of 8 different Companions skills, and Companions can have learned up to 2 of those 8. The learning is completely random when taming the Companion, though each Companion will list which combination of skills that species can be assigned with.
- Bonus to Success (2 Skills): Barbarian and Human Friend skills provide mission success bonuses when paired with others using that skill.
- Match For Mission Type (5 Skills): To have even a halfway decent chance at success for a mission, you need to assign a minion that has the skill that matches the mission type (e.g. use Master Assassin on a mission with a goal of assassinating someone.)
- Time Bonus (1 Skill): this doesn’t affect mission success at all, but simply reduces the amount of total time required to run missions.Note: Average mission time seems to be 2 hours or longer.
- NOTE: All 8 skills are not possible for every race of minion.
4. Companions can be sent on minion-only missions. They cannot be used in battle.
5. Companions also have “stats”.
- Probability of mission success based on mission category.
- Minion’s race and possible higher mission completion chance based on race.
- Reduction in mission time to completion.
6. Each player can perform a maximum of 3 Companion missions per day.
7. Successfully completing missions can provide special currency rewards.
8. There is a Mission UI where the player can see what missions are available.
9. There are 5 types of Companion missions:
- Frontier Exploration
- Gathering Information
- Remuneration (Repairs)
- Sabotage (Destruction)
10. Many missions require very specific requirements to be met in order to improve the success rate of the mission.
- 1, 2 or 3 minions.
- Minions that are rare (blue) or higher quality.
- Minions that have specific skills.
11. Companions have 5 ranks: general (white), advanced (green), rare (blue), heroic (purple), and legendary (yellow/gold).
12. Companions level up by being strengthened (combining any two minions together). Do that enough times, the Companion will increase its level.
13. Companions quality/rarity can also be increased by “upgrading”. This is achieved by combining two minions of identical qualities (e.g. 1 green Companion + 1 green Companion = 1 blue Companion). The % of success is very low, so it’s a gamble.
14. The fatigue cost per attempt to train a minion is 5, but it can often take two attempts.