Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

AH sell price

• AH sell price

Hi all

If I am not mistaken, the selling price of the items at the AH is calculated automatically !?

Is not a problem ?

I have the impression that there are completely illogical prices, like atm there are a few epic armor piece with 2 runes slots ... around 16k and 24k golds ... wtf

I understand that having 2 runes slots is pretty OP but sell price jump from 100 golds to 16k+ golds !!

Is there a real interest to fix the selling price at AH (against bot/goldsellers ?) or not ?

It is also this system that applies such high prices for backward mvt speed +50% buff pet or +30% xp production craft buff pet

So in the example of backward mvt speed +50% buff, around 700gold for a blue pet, the game recognize that it's totally OP and fix the price at 700+ golds instead of around 100 golds for others higher buff

Dev's know that this buff is OP but they don't remove it (or nerf it to half) ?

We can not play supply and demand with fixed prices !!!!

Atm there are some epic rings/neck who are sell instantly but their price are fixed to 1g-2g ... if they sell instant, they are rare and the price need to be more higher, isn't it ?
      And who can put 24.000 golds for an armor piece ?

There is no interest to craft in 1st server some items, when people want to buy more expensive !!

Another system at AH is the "bid period"
      The price is fixed ... during bid period, every player can bid this price and at the end of the period, there is a "lotery" for choose the winner ...

Here again, no gain for crafter to make a rare item, coz cannot sell higher at the end of the bid period if player want to pay more golds !!

I've never seen an AH run as well ?(
      Images
      • ScreenShot_2018-01-05_14.36.24.jpg

513.95 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 147 times
      • ScreenShot_2018-01-05_14.25.24.jpg

797.05 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 50 times
      • ScreenShot_2018-01-05_14.37.13.jpg

511.48 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 42 times

The post was edited 2 times, last by Estekiwi ().

• Right now the biggest benefit of the AH is the caps on selling stuff. You can only set things at certain prices which I believe is one of their methods to deter bots and undercutting. This "should" reduce RMT transactions.
    • Yeah but u can fix the sell price without inconsistent price

24.000 golds for a armor piece ? seriously ?

So we can imagine that if tomorrow you have a very good stuff, with 2 runes slots on armor piece, you can never sell it because the AH will set a stupid high price

U will never be sell ure stuff for changing ure main class

And as I said ... crafter have no interest to make rare items in first or high demand ... the price will always be the same ... at release or in 2 years ... :rolleyes:

Goldseller war is important but not as much as the market/crafter economy

Majority of players will see at release :
      - u cannot trade with others players, friends, guildmate
      - u cannot sell directly ure item/craft
      - u can sell them at AH but u can choose ure price

It takes less to make dissatisfied at release and to quickly make a bad publicity of the game

The bad reputation is spreading much faster than we might think
    • Pentrep wrote:

Right now the biggest benefit of the AH is the caps on selling stuff. You can only set things at certain prices which I believe is one of their methods to deter bots and undercutting. This "should" reduce RMT transactions.
      What is wrong with undercutting its part of a healthy and competitive market place. It's nice to that they are considering RMT but at what cost? A stagnant economy?

And the fact that these fixed prices jump so wildly is also a worry. I'm unaware how easy it is to farm gold (Can't be to easy or your back to RMT again) but 24k Sounds ALOT. So what am I supposed to do to get this money RMT maybe?

Defeats the point in the exercise.
      Dark or Light, Good or Bad its all a matter of perspective. :saint: - Muriele Lightflicker :evil:
    • Muriele wrote:

What is wrong with undercutting its part of a healthy and competitive market place.
      Let me tell you how I dominated the glyph market in wow. I first discovered glyph's were easy and cheap to make. So I started posting tons of them only to get frustrated when I got undercut. I didn't want to cancel and repost auctions all the time to keep up the undercutting. I was making plenty of gold from other crafts so I posted all my glyphs for 1c a piece.
      I did this for a month and half. Everyone quit posting glyphs and as soon as that happened I jacked my prices up to 350g a glyph. I could have gone much higher but whats the point. Glyphs were always selling like hotcakes. The minute someone started posting again I just dropped them down to 1c again. Rinse and repeat until the glyph market was under my complete control. I didn't do this because I could or because I'm a mean guy (I'm not really). I did this just because I could and it was super easy. I made 200k within the next two weeks after I took over the market.

That's the downside to undercutting. Just because I could so I did. Not saying this will happen in every game but it is always a possibility. Find something everyone needs all the time and just destroy the market and then reap the profits. Otherwise it does promote a healthy economy until someone who wants to do that comes along.
    • Larak wrote:

Muriele wrote:

What is wrong with undercutting its part of a healthy and competitive market place.
      Let me tell you how I dominated the glyph market in wow. I first discovered glyph's were easy and cheap to make. So I started posting tons of them only to get frustrated when I got undercut. I didn't want to cancel and repost auctions all the time to keep up the undercutting. I was making plenty of gold from other crafts so I posted all my glyphs for 1c a piece.I did this for a month and half. Everyone quit posting glyphs and as soon as that happened I jacked my prices up to 350g a glyph. I could have gone much higher but whats the point. Glyphs were always selling like hotcakes. The minute someone started posting again I just dropped them down to 1c again. Rinse and repeat until the glyph market was under my complete control. I didn't do this because I could or because I'm a mean guy (I'm not really). I did this just because I could and it was super easy. I made 200k within the next two weeks after I took over the market.

That's the downside to undercutting. Just because I could so I did. Not saying this will happen in every game but it is always a possibility. Find something everyone needs all the time and just destroy the market and then reap the profits. Otherwise it does promote a healthy economy until someone who wants to do that comes along.
      I find it hard to believe that no one thought what I would do in that situation. Just buy your glyphs for a copper then put them back on at a reasonable price ;) Instant profit!
      Dark or Light, Good or Bad its all a matter of perspective. :saint: - Muriele Lightflicker :evil:
    • Muriele wrote:

I find it hard to believe that no one thought what I would do in that situation. Just buy your glyphs for a copper then put them back on at a reasonable price ;) Instant profit!
      Here is your problem with your assumption. You assume there is a demand for the product. Humanity as a whole craves instant gratification. By reducing the price of the item you increase the likelihood that it will sell. People will search for the lowest price item. This cycle will repeat until the item is worth nothing. Without a price floor, everything potentially is worth nothing. In all three of the MMO's I've played the "free" market has ended up crashing because of this mechanic. There is little to no economy in any of these games to speak of. So personally I like the idea of a minimum and maximum on every item. It regulates the economy while still allowing some competition.
    • Pentrep wrote:

Muriele wrote:

Here is your problem with your assumption. You assume there is a demand for the product. Humanity as a whole craves instant gratification. By reducing the price of the item you increase the likelihood that it will sell. People will search for the lowest price item. This cycle will repeat until the item is worth nothing. Without a price floor, everything potentially is worth nothing. In all three of the MMO's I've played the "free" market has ended up crashing because of this mechanic. There is little to no economy in any of these games to speak of. So personally I like the idea of a minimum and maximum on every item. It regulates the economy while still allowing some competition.
      OKay I will concede the point and agree that everything should have a min/max with a large range but from what I have read this game does not do this. It has a fixed price which is annoying and then take the ridiculous amount of money top tier gear and pets go for and your doing more dmg than good to the RMT fight.
    • @Larak

There is already something against that on Bless AH

When u put an item on AH, it's not instant
      The item will appear a few minutes after
      U cannot put an item cheaper than already items in AH (example if the cheaper staff on AH is 5g30, u cannot put 5g29 ... AH will force u to sell at around 6g50 for example)
      So after a few minute, ure item will be in AH at the 10th page if there are many same item at AH (like the 45 blue weapon atm)
      At the beginning, there only bid option for a few minute
      And after the bid period, if no one bid, the item will come buyout

The big problem is the "auto calculation" who determine the sell price (and the min/max)

Again ... how an 45 armor piece can cost 24.000 golds ?? how just for 1 rune slot more
      OK rune slot are really important on ure char, and a player with 14 runes slots has more powerfull than another player with just 7 runes slots ... but 24k ... x7 armor piece ... which players can spend 100.000+ golds for 45 armor set ?
      How will u be able to sell at this price ure 45 stuff when the 50 content will be ?

Another example :
      I'm trying to sell a epic pet
      The AH determine the selling price around 415 golds
      I've tried to sell this price, without success
      But I cannot sell it for less, coz of AH system

So the system is too rigid (the min/max is too small for having an impact) and mostly, the price calculation is unnaccurated !!

And another problem ... on armor u have rune slot and on weapon "skill buff"
      AH does not make a difference for the type of rune slot or skill buff ... so the auto price will be the same between BiS rune slot or shitty

Another stupid thing and consequence of the fixed price !!!
    • Estekiwi wrote:

@Larak

The big problem is the "auto calculation" who determine the sell price (and the min/max)

Again ... how an 45 armor piece can cost 24.000 golds ?? how just for 1 rune slot more
      OK rune slot are really important on ure char, and a player with 14 runes slots has more powerfull than another player with just 7 runes slots ... but 24k ... x7 armor piece ... which players can spend 100.000+ golds for 45 armor set ?
      How will u be able to sell at this price ure 45 stuff when the 50 content will be ?

Another example :
      I'm trying to sell a epic pet
      The AH determine the selling price around 415 golds
      I've tried to sell this price, without success
      But I cannot sell it for less, coz of AH system

So the system is too rigid (the min/max is too small for having an impact) and mostly, the price calculation is unnaccurated !!

And another problem ... on armor u have rune slot and on weapon "skill buff"
      AH does not make a difference for the type of rune slot or skill buff ... so the auto price will be the same between BiS rune slot or shitty

Another stupid thing and consequence of the fixed price !!!
      I'm sure pricing will fluctuate over time. If they plan this whole controlled market idea, then they have to monitor it. Elsewise people will complain about the control and seek other methods of selling and buying items that are more beneficial to their purpose.
    • Muriele wrote:

Larak wrote:

Muriele wrote:

Let me tell you how I dominated the glyph market in wow. I first discovered glyph's were easy and cheap to make. So I started posting tons of them only to get frustrated when I got undercut. I didn't want to cancel and repost auctions all the time to keep up the undercutting. I was making plenty of gold from other crafts so I posted all my glyphs for 1c a piece.I did this for a month and half. Everyone quit posting glyphs and as soon as that happened I jacked my prices up to 350g a glyph. I could have gone much higher but whats the point. Glyphs were always selling like hotcakes. The minute someone started posting again I just dropped them down to 1c again. Rinse and repeat until the glyph market was under my complete control. I didn't do this because I could or because I'm a mean guy (I'm not really). I did this just because I could and it was super easy. I made 200k within the next two weeks after I took over the market.
      Like I said I kept posting it 1c until no one posted then jacked the prices up. When someone else started posting I lowered to 1c again. Rinse and repeat until I'm the only one posting and then raise those prices to profit nicely.
    • Larak wrote:

Muriele wrote:

Like I said I kept posting it 1c until no one posted then jacked the prices up. When someone else started posting I lowered to 1c again. Rinse and repeat until I'm the only one posting and then raise those prices to profit nicely.
      Playing the market is nothing new. Exploiting the market is just as old. It exists in just about every MMO I've ever played with an AH based economy.