Assassin feels underwhelming as you progress

• Assassin
    • Assassin feels underwhelming as you progress

I picked Assassin from the beginning because I like playing fast characters, but ever since hitting level 30, the skills I've been getting have just been ass. You'd expect them to improve, but they haven't... It's rather disappointing, honestly.

Let's take a look here.

1. Shadow Slash - Instantly jump to the back of an enemy, dealing damage and apply [Hold] effect. The duration of the effect

depends on the number of consumed signs of death.

While [Assassin] is active, the damage is increased and the cooldown reduced to 4 seconds.

I tried it for a little bit, but wasn't impressed. I'm like, "Okay... So I get to keep them in place for a little bit. So what? They can still attack me. Useless."

2. Heel Cut - 4m Range

Consumes 40 Bloodlust

45 seconds Cooldown

Inflicts damage to an enemy and reduces ???.

Another one I didn't find a use for. I tried it and it dealt some damage, but certainly not enough to justify taking up a slot on my hotbar, so I tossed it.

3. Swift Pace - 4m Range

Consumes 80 Bloodlust

60 seconds Cooldown

Greatly increases the movement speed for 6 seconds and increases the damage by 5% for the next attack.

Oh boy! I can move quickly for 6 whole seconds! Yeah, no... This skill is also bullshit. While it does increase the damage of the next attack by 5%, it takes 60 seconds just to cooldown. By that point, you'll probably be dead or whatever you're fighting will have already died, so again... Pointless. Also, if you even consider using this in PvP to try and get away from someone, don't bother. They'll just stunlock you and kill you anyway, even with your increased speed.

4. Shadow Switch - 20m Range

Consumes 100 Bloodlust

90 seconds Cooldown

Change the position with an enemy. Doesn’t apply to target with Immunity effects.

Cannot be used while in Stealth.

This is the latest one I've learned and by far the stupidest. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with this skill, but it takes like 4 seconds of you simply standing still, charging this skill, then you appear behind the enemy when it's finished. It takes all of your bloodlust to even perform, which is even more stupid. Meanwhile, I can simply walk through the enemy to reach their back and attack them from behind with a skill that way and guess what. It doesn't consume 100 bloodlust, doesn't have a 4 second charge, or an absurd 90 second cooldown to perform. Yeah, fuck this skill.

All-in-all, I'm going to continue leveling my assassin anyway since I'm close to the cap, but after this, I'll probably just start a new character. I don't know where people get off thinking this class is OP when their bread and butter consists of skills used prior to level 30 anyway. Anything you learn from 30 and up probably isn't going to be used. I know I certainly haven't found a use for any of this shit and I'm sure as hell not going to replace the practical skills with this garbage, lol.

Who knows... Maybe there will be something decent to put in my 8th hotbar slot before I reach 45, but as it stands... I'm not counting on it.
    • Some classes are generally just much better at the end of progression once they have all the tools they need. I wouldn't be too hard on the class just yet.. not to mention it is Beta. (Things will change)
    • Hollow wrote:

Some classes are generally just much better at the end of progression once they have all the tools they need. I wouldn't be too hard on the class just yet.. not to mention it is Beta. (Things will change)

Like Hollow said, some features of the game aren't even implemented yet and it is beta. No telling what type of changes they plan on making to combat/abilities for each class. Not to mention, 2 out of the 8 classes aren't even released yet, so there is bound to be balancing updates after the core game is mostly complete. (Hopefully)

[This is all just going off the concept that the devs are working on the key features of the game instead of QOL/balancing since its beta]
    • TetsuyaHikari wrote:

[..]

[Shadow Slash]
      Instantly jump to the back of an enemy, dealing damage and apply [Hold] effect. The duration of the effect depends on the number of consumed signs of death. While [Assassin] is active, the damage is increased and the cooldown reduced to 4 seconds.

I tried it for a little bit, but wasn't impressed. I'm like, "Okay... So I get to keep them in place for a little bit. So what? They can still attack me. Useless."
      [..]
      WHAT? Are you serious here dude? Are you really "not impressed" and saying "usless" to a skill that basically place you on the right spot to use a chain skill?

Oh jesus... how much experience do you have with assassin class? It's TOTALLY based on "positioning" mostly on the back of the target to totally avoid any evasive/defensive reaction from the player! (Note that the PvE is similar but with a totally different tactic to use)

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Were you expecting to get a Super Saiyan Assassin 3 or something? I FIGHT Korean assassins REAL NINJAS with the same lame skills you say you have been getting and they are amazing at using this class! How? don't ask me idk lol
      But i have lots of fun pvping them and like Symeria said before, i have seen multiple times ONE assassin killing a Elite mob which for me was almost impossible to do, i'm even thinking of making a MEDIUM armor for my berserker, just for that DODGE (tired of parry) lol.

And when i'm pvping assassins they never stop in one place, idk the class that well but i do noticed a lot of times specially lvl40+ assassins they stack a lot of debuffs or dots and then BANG! Some kind of skill they use that takes lots of DMG based on that debuff or something, I MIGHT BE WRONG and correct me if i am, but from experience this is what i have perceived.
      One annoying thing is that this REAL NINJAS class literally run around when they almost dying -_- they are so fast and then recover HP and come back to finish me off, urghhh D:<
      But i still love to pvp them xD !

Guardians are annoying, Berserkers give me that competition feeling of who's the better Zerker, paladins are interesting, rangers and mages i just give up...they can go kite ****** >.> hmph...so yea pvp fun + challenge = Versus Assassin!
      For me of course.
    • Bryan Fury wrote:

TetsuyaHikari wrote:

[..]

[Shadow Slash]
      Instantly jump to the back of an enemy, dealing damage and apply [Hold] effect. The duration of the effect depends on the number of consumed signs of death. While [Assassin] is active, the damage is increased and the cooldown reduced to 4 seconds.

[..]
      WHAT? Are you serious here dude? Are you really "not impressed" and saying "usless" to a skill that basically place you on the right spot to use a chain skill?

Oh jesus... how much experience do you have with assassin class? It's TOTALLY based on "positioning" mostly on the back of the target to totally avoid any evasive/defensive reaction from the player! (Note that the PvE is similar but with a totally different tactic to use)

Yes, I'm saying I'm unimpressed because while you're charging to execute this skill, you're having to soak up all of that damage (plus they could stun you during this time too and put the skill on cooldown, and keep you in place too). It's worthless. Assassins are squishy enough as it is, so have fun eating all of that damage in those few seconds (which could probably be enough to kill you, depending on the class).

It's like people don't know how to position themselves without actually moving or something, lol.

"I have no idea how to get behind this guy, so I'm going to push this button to stand here like an idiot for a few seconds and wait for it to teleport me behind him."

Yeah, great idea. If you're that desperate, just use the attack skill which teleports you midair and slams down on top of them from behind. That also puts you behind them and you don't have to charge it either. Plus, its cooldown isn't ridiculous like this skill (whatever purpose it serves). Also, End3r, yeah... They do tend to pop DoTs and such, and have you suffer bleeding, and poison while they basically just troll you, but they can also take you down in like 3-4 hits, depending on your class and their positioning, lol. Overall though, it's easy to shut them down too because once you pin them down and they can't run any more, they're pretty much fucked.

Unfortunately, despite Berserker having the damage to pull that off, their skills are so choreographed, it's easy for Assassins to dodge them, lol. So, it's basically down to Rangers, Mages, or other Assassins to stun you, lock you in place, or nuke the hell out of you before you can do anything. They won't mess with Guardians or Paladins because they're just too annoying to deal with, what with all the HP and defense :p
    • I've seen assassin kill elite mobs by silencing / disarming ( ? ) the enemy. Also I play berserker so when I fight against assassins, I have lots of trouble since almost 95% of berserker skills are slow and does aoe in cone, so the assassin just keeps teleporting behind me and go stealth while I try to hit him even once with my attacks lol. Also high ping makes it really hard.
    • Earlier when i was on some tropical islands near the Aqua Elfs (it's a lvl41+ quest zone) I was trying to kill some elites to gather some materials for crafting gears.
      Luckily i was able to kill one of the Elite mobs only once, after many tries which always ended up with me dead i decided to give up...at that moment i see a female character assassin, engaging the Elite mob and in less of 4-5minutes she killed it, pretty easily.
      I'm like Dewulf, a berserker and it's hard as hell to solo elite mobs unless you know the timing of their attacks to roll (use evasive skill and become immune to cancel damage) and evade, we also can't depend much on our "parry" even with the champion core that says that raises parry to 100% you barely notice any difference.
      In my eyes assassins seem to be pretty op right now.
    Peria Chronicles