3v3

• Well at least.. if that bad bad bad thing is confirmed.. all the carebears will hide inside that crap.. so we can leave the real PvPers outside..

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • 3v3 is more competitive as the margin for error decreases as the skill level increases. Arenas are essentially very small skirmishes within large scale battles ...

Most people who don't enjoy arenas are no good at them - why are you complaining that there is another way to enjoy PvP w/out fatigue costs or another mechanic within the game to appeal to more players

You are all being nothing but toxic - opinions are not facts

*If anything, "carebears" stay away from arena as their mistakes and lack of skill show more blatantly than in a wide-scale battle. I LOVE siege PvP and the like, however most of the players simply group up and complete objectives without ever targeting the appropriate targets/players

The post was edited 1 time, last by Txt ().

• Txt wrote:

3v3 is more competitive as the margin for error decreases as the skill level increases. Arenas are essentially very small skirmishes within large scale battles ...

Most people who don't enjoy arenas are no good at them - why are you complaining that there is another way to enjoy PvP w/out fatigue costs or another mechanic within the game to appeal to more players

You are all being nothing but toxic - opinions are not facts

*If anything, "carebears" stay away from arena as their mistakes and lack of skill show more blatantly than in a wide-scale battle. I LOVE siege PvP and the like, however most of the players simply group up and complete objectives without ever targeting the appropriate targets/players

If you wanna play competitive there are plently of eSports or there is your perfect MMORPG called Blade and Soul just got recently released with "end-game" 1v1 and 3v3 eSports. In my old MMO called Aion at the begining there was no arena and such things to obtain PvP gear, so people had to go out and PvP for a reason, then in a later patch they added arena and some other dungeon shits and the Open PvP got rekt by the game mechanics.

I have never written an opinion, i will write one now... arena PvP sucks if there is open PvP also, unless the publisher makes the arena useless and just pure for fun and open PvP rewarding.

I do believe we need all the kind of contents, but not for throwing away the Open World, the real thing why a MMORPG is MMORPG, an arena is not massive... or better say a limited thing is cannot be called massive.

and as a finisher, yes i hate arena PvP yet i still did it in Aion as it was a part of the game and rewarding and i can count more or less on my 2 hands the times i lost with my 3men premade.
    • Everyone is entitled to their opinion's but your main argument is that the game shouldn't include mechanics that takes away from open world content. By that same reasoning small scale PvE content fits into that same category - they are limited to 5 players

There has been nothing said on any benefits or rewards from partaking in arenas in Bless

That there are other games deemed as eSports or are marketed/designed as competitive PvP games do not deem arenas in other games useless. For some people arenas are enjoyable regardless of rewards or necessity to progress.

Bless Online is a RvR/PvP game - I don't see how anyone would think arenas, even if they did have rewards, would pull away from other forms of PvP. That's like saying people who play a game mostly designed for PvE raiding would stop raiding in order to do timed runs in 5-man dungeons or to go solo Elites or Rare mobs requiring a small party to assist

MMORPG - you are twisting Massive and Multiplayer for the sake of your point. Massive refers to the size of a community, Multiplayer is requiring others to complete content. I do believe that most of MMORPG's content should require the community and a lot of it, but it doesn't define every aspect of a game

The post was edited 2 times, last by Txt ().

• Txt wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion's but your main argument is that the game shouldn't include mechanics that takes away from open world content. By that same reasoning small scale PvE content fits into that same category - they are limited to 5 players

There has been nothing said on any benefits or rewards from partaking in arenas in Bless

That there are other games deemed as eSports or are marketed/designed as competitive PvP games do not deem arenas in other games useless. For some people arenas are enjoyable regardless of rewards or necessity to progress.

Bless Online is a RvR/PvP game - I don't see how anyone would think arenas, even if they did have rewards, would pull away from other forms of PvP. That's like saying people who play a game mostly designed for PvE raiding would stop raiding in order to do timed runs in 5-man dungeons or to go solo Elites or Rare mobs requiring a small party to assist

MMORPG - you are twisting Massive and Multiplayer for the sake of your point. Massive refers to the size of a community, Multiplayer is requiring others to complete content. I do believe that most of MMORPG's content should require the community and a lot of it, but it doesn't define every aspect of a game

And i was talking about "dungeon shits", or do you think dungeon shit is just arena?

Either if it has rewards or not, the pure fact that it is there is a danger for Open PvP.

"That there are other games deemed as eSports or are marketed/designed as competitive PvP games do not deem arenas in other games useles" - I have not a single clue what you wanted here. Sure it is enjoyable for some people, but arena is something that is most likely 24/7 available, why? - Because the PvE, less PvP-oriented people be like... "oh today i wanna do some PvP". I hope we both agree what will they choose. And this will result with lacking Open PvP, as the people do not go there or they stop because not enough people, i have seen this happening 2 times, you cannot argue about this.

I have no idea what are the rewards from Open PvP. Your PvE talk makes no sense, you can never compare the two PvE and PvP to each other. But if you do not believe me you can login anytime to MMORPGs that is supposed to have Open World PvP, but the people just stand in front of the Arena NPC to queue.

I am not twisting anything, MMORPG has both of your words, i never had to mention Multiplayer as the game genre is online to begin with. It is you who is twisting yourself. ROFL
    • Of course you can compare the two, they are content within the game that both have events that are available all the time for smaller scale and events that are large scale and not constantly available. There is always types of PvE and PvP content readily available at a whim

You said that if people want to partake in competitive arenas there are other games and the e.g. you used was B&S - it doesn't matter where the competitive aspect lies within the game. Just because a game isn't designed for competitive arenas doesn't mean they can't be in other games. They are competitive regardless what game they are in

OwPvP happens mostly during leveling, if a guild/group plans the event, or if there is a beneficial purpose for it. Unless you have confrontation that is nearly forced e.g. dailies in contested territories people living for OwPvP isn't something to rely on in modern games
    • Txt wrote:

Of course you can compare the two, they are content within the game that both have events that are available all the time for smaller scale and events that are large scale and not constantly available. There is always types of PvE and PvP content readily available at a whim

You said that if people want to partake in competitive arenas there are other games and the e.g. you used was B&S - it doesn't matter where the competitive aspect lies within the game. Just because a game isn't designed for competitive arenas doesn't mean they can't be in other games. They are competitive regardless what game they are in

OwPvP happens mostly during leveling, if a guild/group plans the event, or if there is a beneficial purpose for it. Unless you have confrontation that is nearly forced e.g. dailies in contested territories people living for OwPvP isn't something to rely on in modern games

Not going to expand the 1st argument.

I was never refering to competition itself, i refered only to arena and if you want competitive arena your best place is in Blade and Soul right now. Of course the game itself is a competition, i hardly can imagine a MMORPG genre game without competition.

OwPvP happens mostly leveling, you just said one of the reasons why people do arenas, they just level up, they experienced the harsh, might did, gank of OwPvP and then they just go arena. As i said and i still say i do not know if you get a reward in Bless if you kill someone else, if it does and it is some special currency then it is going to be good as long as the arena does not give this or something similar. I could not care less about dailies, i hate the sound of dailies, it sounds like "You must do it, or you'll be left behind the others". Your daily life as a daily is enough, do not need it ingame also.
    • Txt wrote:

Unless you have confrontation that is nearly forced e.g. dailies in contested territories people living for OwPvP isn't something to rely on in modern games

That's why L2 was the best PvP game in my opinion. You PvE to have the upper-hand in PvP, but to PvE you have to PvP for the spot. An endless cycle.
    • Txt wrote:

Massive refers to the size of a community, Multiplayer is requiring others to complete content.
      That is the proof that carebears like you that like the arena will NEVER understand WHAT is a REAL massive game.

I believe that if you go play on L2 (at least on the golden age, not actualy) you would have been crying all over the floor...

-I have been zerged but i never cried..

-I have packed up with my Clan and with my Alliance and partecipated in an infinite ammount of wars on the field, whenever it was to harras an enemy Clan/Alliance or defend a SINGLE member of my Clan/Alliance, because that is what it REAL MEAN to be a PvPer: Help you Clan, Help You Ally, without stand back, even if you are a crap compared to your enemy, but DO your part, DO what you can do to help your own side.

-I have been killed thousand of billion times but i EVER get my ass up and back on the field killing my enemies and helping my Clan/Alliance

-I have lost and conquered thousand billion of castles, fortress, territory, field/world/epic bosses and i never cried..

Because a REAL mmorpg is when you can do all these things and enjoy the full content of conquer and being conquered, where you MUST rely on your party, your clan and your alliance to make an objective be completed...

Istanced shits and arena are a cancer into a mmorpg that slowly kill it. You are totally wrong here, MASSIVE is NOT about the community, but is about the THINGS that are done by the community.

-Sieges are MASSIVE, you will need CLANS and ALLIANCES to do things

-Territory wars are MASSIVE, you will need CLANS and ALLIANCES to do things

-Field AND Epic bosses are MASSIVE, you will need CLANS and ALLIANCES to do things

-Fortress are MASSIVE, you will need CLANS and ALLIANCES to do things

Arena is NOT nearly even to the first letter of the "massive" word. That is the main reason because i hate it, because people that believe that the arena is the "fair play" are nowdays the reason because the mmorpg games are going to die..

Don't get me wrong, in the end, i don't hate people, i don't hate you, but i strongly hate the habit that people like you shot out without even know how the things really are...

because the truth is that WHO play outside a closed wall is the REAL player, not those who play inside a forced safety because if you are an arena player you are the one that don't know how to play a PvP game, because you need the security of the walls due to your hinability to handle a chaotic situation where your life is treathen by more than the "default enemies".

I played since the CLOSED BETA Lineage 2 and also Dark Age Of Camelot. That is nearly a 14y of experience on my shoulders.

I can handle an attack 1vs10, are you able to do that? I guess not.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bryan Fury ().

• jull wrote:

I'm one of those guys who loved to see arenas in that game, 3v3, 5v5 or watever.

And get it competitive.
      Go play a moba so, Bless is a MMORPG, not a MOBA. The first M is meant to be MASSIVE, large scale wars, whenever it's a siege, a territory wars, an open field PvP or a organized battle like the 100v100.....

3v3 or 5v5 idiotic battles are almost enough to be called multiplayer battles, but never massive. If you like arena so much, MOBA is the right game-genre for you and your "race"..

Plus FPS and other competitive games have nothing to do with MMORPG in the first place, so your examples are totally nonsense here.

• Thanks for you point bro,

But no, we don't want to play MOBAs.

I want to level up a character as I want, customize it, to build his skillbar, to brainstorm on it's build, to play PvE to chill, to Trade to get rich, to make couple dongeons sometimes, do RvR sometime, to travel see new landscapes, play couple arenas IF I WANT TO. So no we don't want to play MOBAs, we know what they are thanks we not dumb. We want MMO with couple arenas into it, what's wrong with that ?

So yeah, you got the point, people are all different and want different things, be gentle with people that don't have YOUR way YOU think. To me RvR is pure bullshit with random noobs all around, there's no teamplay it's a zerg/rush fest that you can't control. But I'm not saying "GO AWAY WITH YOUR ZERG SHIT".

you know ?
    • jull wrote:

YOUR way YOU think.
      Unfortunately, here there is a lot of people that do think that it's not only MY thinking way ....

jull wrote:

To me RvR is pure bullshit with random noobs all around, there's no teamplay it's a zerg/rush fest that you can't control
      That is why i said, that for you, and your race, the right game-genre is MOBA and not a MMORPG, game-genre that is supposed to be played MASSIVELLY with more than 5 peoples... but not even 10, i'm speaking about 50-100-200-1000 players togheter... with Clans and Alliances that move the battles on the open fields..

jull wrote:

But I'm not saying "GO AWAY WITH YOUR ZERG SHIT".
      You can say it, i promise to don't feel offended at all, because i know what is the REAL PvP...

Peria Chronicles