[Need Help] - What do you use for translating text on Images? (Lore/Timeline translation project)

!WE ARE MOVING TO A NEW SERVER. NEW CREATED CONTENT WILL BE LOST SO PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK UNTIL WE SUCCESSFULLY MOVED WITH OUR DOMAIN!

• [Need Help] - What do you use for translating text on Images? (Lore/Timeline translation project)

I am a lore junkie, a sucker for a good story and I knew there had to be some information about the world out there so I started looking. I came across some information on the official website here but the information is within an image. I have no problem trying to translate this on my own, however I noticed that there were some great translations for the Union and Hieron races. I was curious if someone could tell me the best programs, OCRs, translators, etc that I could use to help me translate the text from these images.

If this has been posted elsewhere please let me know!

Thank you in advance! :love:

Creation / Genesis Era

Age of Mythology

Appeal Times

Ancient Times

The Dark Ages

Mortality

The post was edited 3 times, last by Neviana ().

• From what i saw the few i used was not that good... it's pretty difficult to find one "enough" well made to fit the job

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • I've been noticing that too. But, I know there have to be some master translators out there who can help me find the magic recipe of programs/browser translators to go through to get something I can reformat grammatically. Even if I have to go through 10 different steps to get a single word translated I shall do it!
    • Neviana wrote:

I've been noticing that too. But, I know there have to be some master translators out there who can help me find the magic recipe of programs/browser translators to go through to get something I can reformat grammatically. Even if I have to go through 10 different steps to get a single word translated I shall do it!
      OMG you are crazy!

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Hehehe! Or determined. It hurts more having all of this lore at my fingertips and not knowing a single word of it. I've started translating a little bit of it and found out some interesting things about the races creation.
      • Siren: Created by the Goddess of the Moon
      • Sahuagin: The master of the Sahuagin was put in charge of the waves and created a Tsunami.
      • Lizardmen: Follow the Sun God
      • Pantera: Created by the god of wrath and destruction
      • Lupus: created by the god of Wind and Hunting
      • I believe the Pantera's creator/god of wrath and destruction tried to destroy the world but during the battle was knocked out and forever sealed inside the temple of the desert. (Translation is a little confusing)
      • The God of Wind and Hunting grants the authority to a 'great soul Urgench Tenja' to monitory the madness of the gods (I assume locked away in the temple).

I found some words I believe to be names BUT then again that could be poor translation.
    • It was loosely translated from the first half of the Creation image. There are names of the gods or "Daimon Tribe" in there too I think but I don't want to butcher the translation to much ;)
    • I'm a Lore Lover too and i'll be more than happy with everything you're trying to do!

Unfortunately i don't have any idea about such programs/translators and so on, but i read somewhere about translate from Korean to Japanese and then to English, because if you do straight forward from Korean there will be mistakes, but not sure about it either.

Anyway it's my 2 cents :P
      Arckam, InnerCircle, Spanish Gamer Community.
      :P <Insert random signature here>
      :P
    • Thanks! I'm finishing up some translation from the Genesis Era currently which I'm hoping to have posted tomorrow! *dances* Yay Lore!

However I totally and completely am going to preface it with that I am not a native speaker and these would be loose translations. But hopefully I get pretty close!
    • since I screened all the skills from all classes I experimented with image translators a little bit.

onlineocr.net/
      ocrconvert.com/

do their job but is still very messy sometimes. You have to correct many phrases and sometimes the scanned text differs from the originial.

The easiest, shortest and most reliable way - in my view - is the google translator app on a mobile phone or tablet. It still takes time but since you can choose the translated content you pretty much get what you want.

I didn't continue translating the skills as they will be probably changed again and if I get my hands on the next Bless Client maybe I'll find the text snippets for the skill descriptions. However I finished about 30 skills in about 2 hours. So it's not that complicated and if you get used to it, it get's way faster.
    • Neviana wrote:

Hehehe! Or determined. It hurts more having all of this lore at my fingertips and not knowing a single word of it. I've started translating a little bit of it and found out some interesting things about the races creation.
      • Siren: Created by the Goddess of the Moon
      • Sahuagin: The master of the Sahuagin was put in charge of the waves and created a Tsunami.
      • Lizardmen: Follow the Sun God
      • Pantera: Created by the god of wrath and destruction
      • Lupus: created by the god of Wind and Hunting
      • I believe the Pantera's creator/god of wrath and destruction tried to destroy the world but during the battle was knocked out and forever sealed inside the temple of the desert. (Translation is a little confusing)
      • The God of Wind and Hunting grants the authority to a 'great soul Urgench Tenja' to monitory the madness of the gods (I assume locked away in the temple).

I found some words I believe to be names BUT then again that could be poor translation.

Great work. thanks Navi!
    • I think most of the "lore" we have on our site here came from information on the BLESS site from three years ago. I wrote those using the regular Google Translate and taking some liberties to make it sound legitimate. I was looking at the timelines they put up several weeks ago and thought about the project, but I'm just far too busy right now to offer much.

The mobile Google Translate app allows you to translate text on photos. That's what I've used in the past.

I managed the lore for the community in TERA for a few years, so I'm always interested in the backstory of a game.
    Peria Chronicles