Typical MMO Features Missing in BLESS

• Typical MMO Features Missing in BLESS

Now that some of us have had a few days to play the game, I wanted to start a discussion about the currently missing features, any features we just haven't heard much about, and get a sense for whether the community feels the missing items are enough to kill interest in the game.

Here's what's currently missing:
      1. Friend list.
      2. Can't resize UI components or entire UI.
      3. Can't relocate UI components (inventory yes, chat window, mini maps, quest log, etc., no).
      4. No emotes.
      5. No item linking in chat.
      6. No changes to chat box (colors, fonts, add/remove tabs, add/remove what displays on a tab).
      7. No custom chat channels.
      8. No faction-wide chat.
      9. No real crafting hubs or social congregation areas in the capitol cities.
      10. No auction house.
      11. No bank.
      12. No shared/account storage/warehouse.
      13. No reputations to earn or dailies to run.
      14. No dungeon finder.
      15. No achievement system.
      16. Dye system for gear, costumes, weapons, etc.
      17. No player or guild housing.
      Did I miss anything?

Here's what we know basically nothing about:
      1. Endgame PVE. Heroid dungeons? Raids? What size? How many dungeons? Gear progression or just blue/purple mat drops to do crafting?
      2. Any dynamic content, zone bosses, or other reasons to congregate?
      3. Holiday events or other special "lore" related events for server? This is also for "structured planned content" after launch. MMOs are expected to provide those types of content updates above and beyond new playable content, dungeons, etc.
      4. PVE, PVP, and RP servers or just one server type?
      5. Is Strausburg the only arena/battleground/instanced PVP zone or are they adding more over time (hopefully something smaller than 100v100; say 5v5, 10v10, or 20v20)?
      6. Costume gear, outfits, etc. There are tabs for them, but they're not activated. Cash shop only? Some what to earn them in game?
      7. How do players earn gold and the various crafting currencies at endgame/once they've done all the quests and completed the kill-quest chains?
      8. There is so much water in the game (lakes, streams, rivers, oceans) that gondolas are even a form of quick travel between "flight paths". However, despite being able to swim and dive beneath the water, there is nothing to do in water! Will content be added to get to enjoy water for more than a shiny surface?
      What are the two or three biggest selling points that will keep players logging in every day once they've reached cap level?

Why do YOU stay hooked on an MMO and log in every day?

The post was edited 5 times, last by Organic ().

• emotions:

goto: file.pmang.kr/images/pmang/ble…_contents/bless_main.html

then scroll down and the last topic are emotions (topic: 감정 표현)

If I have the time I'll copy paste the chat commands
    • Organic wrote:

No dungeon finder.

Should stay that way. Yes, dungeon finders are practical but tend to foster terrible community.
      Everything else should be added though, it looks very barren.

A bit too soon for holiday events and costumes I think. I guess some costumes will be able to be earned by playing while others will be in the cash shop.

Gear being crafted and not dropped: I love the idea however with the fatigue system this looks like a huge pain (you're gated by fatigue when it comes to how many mats you can earn in a day and you also need fatigue to level your professions, overall it looks like a terrible implementation of a good idea)

How do players earn gold and the various crafting currencies at endgame/once they've done all the quests and completed the kill-quest chains?

If I'm not mistaken there are Royal Missions once you hit level cap and I guess those are dailies or repeatables.

Any dynamic content, zone bosses, or other reasons to congregate?

There were worldbosses in the previous betas, maybe you missed them or they are not part of beta testing this time around for some reason. They're definitely part of the game though.

Are there achievements?
    • Shiverlynn wrote:

Organic wrote:

No dungeon finder.

Should stay that way. Yes, dungeon finders are practical but tend to foster terrible community.
      Everything else should be added though, it looks very barren.

A bit too soon for holiday events and costumes I think. I guess some costumes will be able to be earned by playing while others will be in the cash shop.

Gear being crafted and not dropped: I love the idea however with the fatigue system this looks like a huge pain (you're gated by fatigue when it comes to how many mats you can earn in a day and you also need fatigue to level your professions, overall it looks like a terrible implementation of a good idea)

How do players earn gold and the various crafting currencies at endgame/once they've done all the quests and completed the kill-quest chains?

If I'm not mistaken there are Royal Missions once you hit level cap and I guess those are dailies or repeatables.

Is there any achievements system?

The way they wrote about Royal Quests, it's a single server-wide quest (per day? A couple per day? We don't know. But it's not like 15-20 per day.) All factions receive the same quest. They have not said anything about "dailies" or that Royal Quests would even award currency for completion.

Achievements. I mentioned that on RaidCall tonight and forgot to add it to the list.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Organic ().

• Friend list, bank, warehouse, link in the chat.. all these features really makes a difference in the game... but they'll probably add in the OBT, since it doesn't seem hard to implement. My concern is about the fatigue system.. I have no idea how the game jewel system's going to be on the west.
    • You can mail for free. Not sure if that's a launch feature or just in CBT3. Could be we go old school with mules to be our banks in that case.

Also, there is a feature to "gift" items to the guild. I saw no UI component to figure out who gifted what or where to see the gifts. Maybe it was only open to GMs or just wasn't activated yet.
    • Organic wrote:

You actually saw the NPCs for this?

No, but I was translating the game files, and warehouses are one of the guild perks; the minimap also has an option for tracking warehouse managers. If they weren't there in the CBT they were probably not enabled for some reason, but they should be there in the final game.
    • BUMP² !

Though is this really a problem of not having reputations, dailies and achievements ?

I'm asking this because I'm actually playing on Legion, the last World of Warcraft expansion, and to be honest all these things are making me prisoner of a tiring routine. I think that freedom is somehow lacking when all your day is formalized and directed by all these activities... At the beginning this may be fun and new but on a long term basis (which is the most important thing in MMOs set up to last) all your days will look the same and weariness will come.

So I'm obviously against these features, it's in my opinion already good without it and the only beneficit of having them would be a superficial lifetime gain. Keep a part of the diamond rough, let the community be the heart of the game and don't let them gravitate around useless and brainless activities !
    • Momoruk wrote:

BUMP² !

Though is this really a problem of not having reputations, dailies and achievements ?

I'm asking this because I'm actually playing on Legion, the last World of Warcraft expansion, and to be honest all these things are making me prisoner of a tiring routine. I think that freedom is somehow lacking when all your day is formalized and directed by all these activities... At the beginning this may be fun and new but on a long term basis (which is the most important thing in MMOs set up to last) all your days will look the same and weariness will come.

So I'm obviously against these features, it's in my opinion already good without it and the only beneficit of having them would be a superficial lifetime gain. Keep a part of the diamond rough, let the community be the heart of the game and don't let them gravitate around useless and brainless activities !
      I understand dailies setting up a routine, but reputations and achievements? I don't see how those are negative. Reputations give short term goals and can be used as a way to deliver a focused story around that faction. And achievements are always optional. You do them if you want.
    • Ralanost wrote:

Momoruk wrote:

BUMP² !

I understand dailies setting up a routine, but reputations and achievements? I don't see how those are negative. Reputations give short term goals and can be used as a way to deliver a focused story around that faction. And achievements are always optional. You do them if you want.
      Yes on a positive note, but in my experience I barely saw any interest into reputations outside the fact of unlocking rewards but rarely something like a deeper lore, in fact it is often more farming and strengthening the routine. Also achievements may be optional but when you have nothing left to do you may be more inclined to complete all of them including the dumbest things that you would never do without a related achievement. Don't underestimate players and in-game features mostly in the way they can directly or indirectly force you to stride a virtual world.
    Peria Chronicles