Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

OFFICIAL: RaidCall Chat Channel

• OFFICIAL: RaidCall Chat Channel

Hello, all!

As we had some discussion yesterday about voice chat and how we could best connect as a community both on and off these forums, we have created a RaidCall chat channel specifically for Bless-Source.com.

For those of you unaware, RaidCall is free chat software and works similarly to Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Discord, and the rest. This also allows us to have up to 10,000 folks join and is very easy to administer so the admins and mods here can easily make changes without needing "account access" or the like.

RaidCall also allows you to send files, share YouTube videos, use emoji, chat with various text colors/sizes, and can sync with Facebook if you choose.

RaidCall Info
      Group: Bless-Source.com
      ID: 11613723

Download and install RaidCall, then just put that ID into the search bar and it should automatically take you to our channel. Please change your nickname to your forum name when in our channel so everyone knows who you are.

Thanks!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Organic ().

• Organic wrote:

Hello, all!

As we had some discussion yesterday about voice chat and how we could best connect as a community both on and off these forums, we have created a RaidCall chat channel specifically for Bless-Source.com.

For those of you unaware, RaidCall is free chat software and works similarly to Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Discord, and the rest. This also allows us to have up to 10,000 folks join and is very easy to administer so the admins and mods here can easily make changes without needing "account access" or the like.

RaidCall also allows you to send files, share YouTube videos, use emoji, chat with various text colors/sizes, and can sync with Facebook if you choose.

RaidCall Info
      Group: Bless-Source.com
      ID: 11613723

Download and install RaidCall, then just put that ID into the search bar and it should automatically take you to our channel. Please change your nickname to your forum name when in our channel so everyone knows who you are.

Thanks!

Thanks Organic :* This is a very good idea
      I might try in the future

Éljen Magyarország és a Bless :) :love: <3
    • I will join at some point - not really playing any games atm and other than browsing on the Laptop not online to much. If you create/get a guild, or meet in a MMO for a bit of fun whilst waiting for Bless let me know, and I will join you all.
    • Aedgyth wrote:

I will join at some point - not really playing any games atm and other than browsing on the Laptop not online to much. If you create/get a guild, or meet in a MMO for a bit of fun whilst waiting for Bless let me know, and I will join you all.

vVe and I have been in a for a few hours chatting. We're playing different games, but sometimes it's just nice to shoot the breeze. :) The channel is always open and I'm sure we'll get more folks involved once CBT3 starts up.
    • Organic wrote:

Aedgyth wrote:

I will join at some point - not really playing any games atm and other than browsing on the Laptop not online to much. If you create/get a guild, or meet in a MMO for a bit of fun whilst waiting for Bless let me know, and I will join you all.

vVe and I have been in a for a few hours chatting. We're playing different games, but sometimes it's just nice to shoot the breeze. :) The channel is always open and I'm sure we'll get more folks involved once CBT3 starts up.

Yuppers, cant wait!
    • Everyone has their own preference, I'm sure! I miss the days when everyone just used Vent; far too many options now (TS3, Mumble, Curse Voice, RaidCall, C3, Razer Comms, Skype, Discord, among others.).

RaidCall is an excellent choice for expanding forum functionality. We wanted more text capabilities, link sharing, font options, etc., mainly because the text chat was flying by the other day faster than folks could participate. It also has a small CPU footprint, though not as small as Discord since that can be run via the Web (though that does require having a browser open if you're not using the software).

I personally do not like Discord, despite its cross-platform functionality. I've tried to use it with guild members on a few occasions and no one could ever hear each other, even over the Android app. That said, if we actually get a good number of folks participating on group chat, then we can figure out what may be more preferred in the community. For now, the most we've had is 2 people. :)
    • we can use RC but they are shutting down english servers on the 1st of october, so everyone will be connecting to the RU server after the 1st, i gues sits not a big deal for those in the EU, NA mite have some latency issues crop up though.
    • djkinetic wrote:

@Organic not sure if you are aware, RC has decided to shut down its English based servers on the 1st of October. So it might be wise to choose another Voice Com.

The recent announcement doesn't impact us at all for this test, but yes, I'm aware of what's going on. Here's the reasoning behind things currently.
      1. English is supported in the Russian client, so English is not "going away" necessarily.
      2. This CBT doesn't go into October anyway.
      3. RC was going to be used for this test as it was free and would accommodate everyone with few installation issues. We were looking into something available long-term for the website IF there was real interest in any voice client.
      4. That said, given how only 3-4 total people have even joined RaidCall, I highly doubt we'll get a ton of folks in any voice chat client.
      5. Finally, given how dead this site is between beta announcements, it could be months before Open Beta is announced, which means we'll all get bored and vanish for a while anyway.

IF folks are actually going to put some serious interest into chatting live as a community, I'm sure we can figure out a great option for everyone. There are over a dozen VOIP clients now, so one is bound to work.

My intention for CBT3 was to provide a SINGLE place where everyone possible could congregate and get to know each other. That hasn't really panned out as it's basically been Ve and I and that's about it. Plus, we have TS3 and Skype mentioned, which also dilutes where we'd hang out anyway. So, my plans didn't really pan out.

Maybe once the game gets closer to launch, we can use a community poll and pick something the community will get behind instead of our best intentioned, though random efforts thus far.
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.