PVP world

• Somebody knows if there will be open PvP world like Aion/lineage etc.. or just limited PvP as arenas,sieges?

Second question is completely is the same if the PvE will have open world or just crap instances as C9 online game..

Hope, they plan to have the open world for both. Graphic look stunning and I like char movements too :thumbup:
      Get Rich or Die Tryin'

• Grom wrote:

Somebody knows if there will be open PvP world like Aion/lineage etc.. or just limited PvP as arenas,sieges?

Second question is completely is the same if the PvE will have open world or just crap instances as C9 online game..

Hope, they plan to have the open world for both. Graphic look stunning and I like char movements too :thumbup:
      Not sure for your first question but Bless is an open world game so no crappy instances like C9 lol. If you haven't seen what has been confirmed about the game you can visit this thread
      PVE, General Gameplay, Etc.

Hope it helps :)
      Nothing to see here. Keep Scrolling.
    • Grom wrote:

Somebody knows if there will be open PvP world like Aion/lineage etc.. or just limited PvP as arenas,sieges?

PVE is not instanced like GW1 or C9, Jacob confirmed it is an "open world", but we don't really know what that means yet.

PVP/RVR is...we don't know yet. :) I'm assuming open world RVR-esque. Warhammer Online had an open world for keep sieges and RVR, but it did have instanced capitol city sieges as well.
    • As much as I enjoy open world PVP, such as in cases like TERA. Nothing wrong with it I just hope BLESS will have a better system if they end up having open world pvp....

However this goes back too my other posts in the other threads making it worth while to pvp in open world. ie - end game world bosses, or big ass monsters that would make it fun too fight over...

Or GVG that is actually rewarding...

Not GVGs done by points where lowbies count for kills There should be a cap -- I would like to think for those of us who do like pvp we like honorable fights that are against players our level range. Though I do understand those who like doing that :P Just not me.

Some kind of penalty for lowbie campers :p But nothing like the outlaw system in TERA NA ~~; they should have at least kept the penalties in KR ...lol

But thats me :P
      Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
      truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn- Nethack
      :love:
    • PvP - I would like to have a special PvP server with a special model. Where the PK will not be punished for what they did,but "rewarded". I mean what about make some special titles like -if you kill 10-1000 players you can use Killer title, 1000-2000 Assasin title ... 50 000 kills Dread Lord..
      PK can have their own Town and teleport waypoints etc..

I you get killed, you drop all your equip or at least random drop of one item.

If somebody is afraid of it, there could be a zone system. Means that those rules can apply only for higher lvl zones..

I just love the system in EVE or Ultima online. The advantage of that system is,that you have to think before you do something. So there are no mindless zergs but organized fights..
      Get Rich or Die Tryin'

• Never could understand lowbie slayers; they are all scum in my eyes and good for the slaughter themselves. I'm not what you could call a true 'white knight' as my morals at times can be sometimes questionable (guys that I feel should be able to defend themselves or easily get away and set up camp some place else, but instead whine, I don't 'help' them) but most of the time that kind of behaviour is sickening to me. I also target those with egos that have gotten too big for their boots (and nowadays there's a huge influx of those, so my work's never done); and I mostly succeed in putting a damper on their 'perceived power'. I'm sort of an animated 'punisher' in PvP games; there's no need for penalties with enough of those kinds around. :p

On the system itself... no, please not another TERA. My reasoning to PvP in the open world was in negative values lol... I did arena battles exclusively because of this. :/ That outlaw system was utter trash; I hate flagging systems like that with a vengeance. I was very disappointed with the PvP outlets of that game; imo of course.

I must say I do prefer OWPvP with a meaning that is integrated with the world of the game... rather than random bashing people's brains out; that just doesn't do it for me, there must be a how or a why as to why I am killing the other person no matter how insignificant the reason.

Penalties for dying I don't care really. I can deal with any method; but ramp it up too high and you have cowards that will sit on their acquired riches and never venture out into the open world ever again; ala high rankers in Aion (I think I may have been the only governor on my server that actually still kept on going OW despite the 18k AP penalty on death back then; which was very very sad indeed, the people not going out I mean.)
    • In MMORPG.Com interview with Jacob Han. They briefly describe the Pvp setup. Considering the info Jacob Han has provided, it would seem Pvp is basically a result of a players actions to NPCs. "As you progress in the game, you will encounter characters, either playable or non-playable, of different races from the opposing realm. You will be interacting with NPCs that are inherently a part of BLESS’ world, not just systematic quest givers. You will build your relationship with these NPCs and gradually foster attachments to individuals from across the realm."

He also mentions players can be "Neutral" which I'm guessing that means there will be "Open World Pvp" because if players are allowed to be neutral, it doesn't make sense to be neutral in a PvP instance setting.
      "You may become a valiant commander that rides at the forefront of a hundred-person army, or an assassin on a stealth mission targeting a high-class noble. If you would like to play a more neutral role, you may become a mercenary for hire, or you could choose to ignore the war entirely and become a pacifist. Overall, PvP will be closely tied to how players progress through the story and through the game."
      mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7001/page/1
    • The way AION worked in regards to PvP should be fine. The only downside with AION was the constant factor of faction balance.
      With one side overwelming the other and this was the same case on multiple servers.

Ohwell, not much information just yet so i'll be regularly checking for updates. Keep up the good work.
    • Squishy wrote:

In MMORPG.Com interview with Jacob Han. They briefly describe the Pvp setup. Considering the info Jacob Han has provided, it would seem Pvp is basically a result of a players actions to NPCs. "As you progress in the game, you will encounter characters, either playable or non-playable, of different races from the opposing realm. You will be interacting with NPCs that are inherently a part of BLESS’ world, not just systematic quest givers. You will build your relationship with these NPCs and gradually foster attachments to individuals from across the realm."

He also mentions players can be "Neutral" which I'm guessing that means there will be "Open World Pvp" because if players are allowed to be neutral, it doesn't make sense to be neutral in a PvP instance setting.
      "You may become a valiant commander that rides at the forefront of a hundred-person army, or an assassin on a stealth mission targeting a high-class noble. If you would like to play a more neutral role, you may become a mercenary for hire, or you could choose to ignore the war entirely and become a pacifist. Overall, PvP will be closely tied to how players progress through the story and through the game."
      mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7001/page/1

I wonder if that means we can ultimately faction change whenever we feel like it 0,0 thatd be nuts!
      You'll never know you limit till you exceed it
    Peria Chronicles