Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

Group Play

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

So I've had the game installed for about a week now and I'm really enjoying it, looking forward to the NA release. One thing I did notice so far is that I haven't encountered any group play. I'm level 23 and I've come across two dungeons so far but haven't been able to find a LFG menu if there is one, and I haven't really seen anyone spamming for members in chat. Is there more group content at level cap? or is it too hard to find members until it officially launches? Or should I try and join a NA guild so I can find party members? BTW I'm on the Japanese Server
    • New

Lvl 13 and Lvl 20 (22) are solo dungeons to start with. After that comes the lvl 37 (you can get with at lvl 31) and 40 + Dungeons that require a group. Otherwise, you can give a SOLO try and face a mob with 200k + HP :D

There is a "Dungeon" icon in the settings menu (bottom right corner, ESC, etc.) where you can enter the dungeon search, but so far and I didn't have a luck with it. Things will change when the OBT for EU & NA comes available. ;)
      Life is a bitch, too expensive to be your friend ...
      FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK ... I SALUTE YOU !
    • New

From what I know the JP playerbase doesn't use the dungeon finder and instead rely on guilds and regionchat to find people for dungeons. I have yet to see the dungeon finder pop and I was looking for quite a while for the level 30ish dungeon.
    • New

On TERA it was the same problem with dungeon finder, even at release ... all dps classes had lot of problem to have a group with the DF while tank it was instantly

The fact that we have limited dungeon entries, u don't want to waste ure entry with a bad group

and generally we see group with different type of dps, prolly for having class loot without sharing
    • New

Estekiwi wrote:

On TERA it was the same problem with dungeon finder, even at release ... all dps classes had lot of problem to have a group with the DF while tank it was instantly

The fact that we have limited dungeon entries, u don't want to waste ure entry with a bad group

and generally we see group with different type of dps, prolly for having class loot without sharing
      I think Dungeon Finders are typically more of a Western thing. I know the BNS party finder never caught on in KR but in the West it was all anyone ever used.
    • New

All mmo i've done with DF, it works only for easiest dungeons, or leveling dungeons

For end game dungeon (hard content), u will make ure own group, with selected class/gear/skill players ... MOSTLY if u have limited entry

As I said, on TERA I could instantly join a group with DF, but I've prefered to group with better players, guildmembers, friends etc

DF system often has teleport to dungeon option too, for lazy players who remain afk capitale :D

I prefer to walk to dungeon ... more pvp possibilities than to stay afk-town until safe teleport !!!
    • New

Estekiwi wrote:

Don't remember how was in tera but most games with limited dungeon entries don't count as an entry if you don't finish the dungeon (I think tera had the same system when i used to play). For example if you only have 1 entrance an you enter with a bad party, wipe always with the first boss and the party dismantle or you live (in some cases), you can enter again with another party and so on. Tank classes can find party really easy, even in FFXIV where you have lots of tank classes they are the ones in need.
    • New

hum I don't remember for TERA if the entry is lost or not just at the last boss

I forgot to said that DF could be good if, and only if, it is interserver ... it would be benefic for small population server ... otherwise it is a tool that I don't appreciate
    • New

Estekiwi wrote:

hum I don't remember for TERA if the entry is lost or not just at the last boss

I forgot to said that DF could be good if, and only if, it is interserver ... it would be benefic for small population server ... otherwise it is a tool that I don't appreciate
      I think the best option for having PF would be to have a cross server play thing. It would make it easier to find people. I don't know how many people will be attracted to this game off the bat so initially population might be a problem until the game picks up speed.
    • New

I think for dungeons having servers in groups of 2-3 for better ques is always a good thing. As i hate waiting on dungeons to pop, when im leveling, im focusing i dont have time to wait an hour for a dungeon, or be in another zone, dungeon pop, finish dungeon, then have to travel for 20 mins to get back to where i was kills me... Max waiting time for me to be idle shouldnt be more than 5-10 mins, after that its killing precious time. PLUS when the initial bulk of the pop is cap level and i want to level my 2nd or 3rd or an alt character i dont want dungeons to be non existent, i want to be able to level almost as smoothly or smoother than my first character (as level my 2nd or 3rd i dont expect to be competing with mobs as much)....

So yes dungeon sharing between servers is a +2 thumbs up from me.

If there are dungeon leaderboards for times, its not hard for seperate times per player leaderboard and then have a guild leader board for all servers and seperate servers. That part of coding is not as difficult to implement compared to animations or cosmetics (with physics).