Pinned Bless Early Access on Steam - Would you support it?

!WE ARE MOVING TO A NEW SERVER. NEW CREATED CONTENT WILL BE LOST SO PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK UNTIL WE SUCCESSFULLY MOVED WITH OUR DOMAIN!

• I support this movement. Pricing i'd keep around 20-30 for an early access. And I also agree that the game would need to be that of the KR version maybe JP.
      The Russian client was god awful imo. Keep us all posted @Furia on weather you get anywhere. :)
      Zcapegoat
    • Just curious, but would you guys be down to play the game with Korean voice acting and a good English translation?

Voice acting tends to be one of the most costly and lengthy processes when localizing a game. If it is done poorly (which English dubs often are) it could be detrimental to immersion. It's also difficult to get good voice actors in the west due to the unions (so I've heard).

Forgoing that part of localization and focusing on translation quality + other important gameplay aspects instead WILL speed up the process and get it to us faster.

I generally tend to prefer playing games with their original voice acting (especially with Korean) anyway.
    • Kurokazu wrote:

Just curious, but would you guys be down to play the game with Korean voice acting and a good English translation?

Voice acting tends to be one of the most costly and lengthy processes when localizing a game. If it is done poorly (which English dubs often are) it could be detrimental to immersion. It's also difficult to get good voice actors in the west due to the unions (so I've heard).

Forgoing that part of localization and focusing on translation quality + other important gameplay aspects instead WILL speed up the process and get it to us faster.

I generally tend to prefer playing games with their original voice acting (especially with Korean) anyway.
      So don't get me wrong, I would LOVE a good English dub, but I would be more than happy to play so long as the written localisation was still done well. I prefer English voice AND sub, but I watch enough untranslated anime that I would be perfectly fine with Korean audio and English subtitles. Er one thing though.. it has to be translated well. I would never have mentioned this in the past, but after seeing what My did with RO... *shudders* The translations there were so terrible. The characters were barely talking to each other, and there was no flow to the conversations whatsoever. It made trying to follow the story painful.
    • Nayukhuut wrote:

So don't get me wrong, I would LOVE a good English dub, but I would be more than happy to play so long as the written localisation was still done well. I prefer English voice AND sub, but I watch enough untranslated anime that I would be perfectly fine with Korean audio and English subtitles. Er one thing though.. it has to be translated well. I would never have mentioned this in the past, but after seeing what My did with RO... *shudders* The translations there were so terrible. The characters were barely talking to each other, and there was no flow to the conversations whatsoever. It made trying to follow the story painful.
      Oh please don't get me started with My.com and RO. I think pretty much everything they did (or rather didn't do) to the game was a complete and utter disaster xD
      I ended up just abandoning the story entirely at one point and just did dailies because it was just too painful. Such a mess.
      I am currently playing Asta Online, which also has a dismal translation....a google translation LOL
      And the voice acting I have to turn off because it is painful. But fortunately that game isn't story focused, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

Blade & Soul is another....situation. The voice acting isn't HORRIBLE, but it is still bad. They also left large portion of NPCs completely un-voiced, making the game feel rather incomplete. They originally went so overboard with localization, they gave certain characters southern American accents......in an Eastern themed martial arts game.....
      Thankfully they changed some of them because veteran players revolted xD

But I play the entire game with the Korean voice pack so I can hear the incredible and emotional original voice acting. Nearly everything is voiced in Korean, which makes the game feel much more colorful.
      Unfortunately though, NCwest went so hard on the localization that the English translations and the original Korean voice acting don't match up a lot of the time. Also in doing this, they left out a lot of the color and depth of the original Korean dialogue because a lot is missing.

This is what happens when companies try to rush voice acting; the quality goes down, they simplify everything and it dumbs downs the story.

This is why I am VERY wary of localization when it comes to voice acting. If you're going to do it, do it right. If you can't do it right, don't fix what isn't broken.
    • well I'd pay $60 maximum. $20-30 would be acceptable.

If they throw in founders packs or whatever (with skins, pets, etc.) $60 would be cool.

While I support the idea of going to steam greenlight, self-publishing and so forth I still don't think Neowiz can make it.

First of all - all the major gaming sites already have their report up about Bless being canceld. This and the fact that Bless RU also had to close down to be improved are already incredible bad publicity for the game. Sure steam is an option to make broadcast it to the audience and being able to test things out but honestly speaking - the problem lies in Korea not here.

2nd of all - the development and vision for the game. Right at this point the major patches fixed and overhauled existing systems and didn't really expand the content. Basel Gorge and the few dungeons as well as the new class weren't really oh so good to hold players at bay for at least a couple of months till the next content patch. Bless doesn't really have long term content not for the individual and only a few things for the group/guild stuff.

3rd - localization. In my view - there is no need for voice acting. Just translate the written stuff and add voice acting if budget and time are right. Just to English as language and let it be. I know that many players wish to have their native language but honestly speaking - most people that can't speak English properly still manage to play the game so leave it at English at first and maybe expand on that later.

4th - monetization. I think it is safe to say that the cash shop model is really fair. However they should greatly limit the aspect of the game (skill decks, inventory slots, etc.) in order to promote VIP status. They also should re-introduce the fatique system in order to a) limit the progression of players and b) get more money out of it (link it with the VIP system) and c) keep the gem quests inside the game so players who play more also have the ability to progress more. Obviously you have to balance the VIP to no-VIP situation as well as the ingame gem rewards but overall I think it can work if worked out properly.

5th - introduce systems like durability and death penalities (maybe even corpse looting on not soulbound items) in order to keep players at bay in terms of item progression.

6th - Also maybe introduce endgame gear sets like Vision Maker WEapons in Tera which is not superior but really good and doesn't suffer from durability loss or can be repaired but requires a huge amount of resources, time and dedication to collect/make. You can link repairing and building the equipment to crafting which would make this segment of the game also more important than it is now.

7th - add small buffs (stat buffs) to pets to implement an even higher time and money sink. Obviously nothing gamebreaking but something to spark the players interest in getting this exact pet with the desired skills (like the mounts).

8th - combat system. Take the action combat system out of the game (or disable it simply) and focus the resources on the remaining combat system. Right at this point it is safe to say that the action combat component is far from being viable and useful.

Well that's just my thoughts about it. Overall I hope it doesn't come out as pesimistic as I think it is but again... Bless isn't in a good shape but still has potential.

Also we should consider that we are a small community dedicated to Bless. If they want to have a broader success then they have to consider making bold moves.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nito ().

• Kurokazu wrote:

Just curious, but would you guys be down to play the game with Korean voice acting and a good English translation?

That wouldn't bother me in the slightest as long as the English translation was good.
    • I like the idea of Bless as an early access title on Steam and would support it :)
      Would pay around 20-30€ or more if its founders pack.

I am called Glad-O-War,Grim, Raider,and Third.I am One-eyed.I am also called Highest,and True-Guesser.I am Grimnir,and the Hooded One.I am Allfather, Gondlir, Wand-Bearer.I have as many names as there are winds.As many titles as there are ways to die.My ravens are Huginn and Muninn,thought and memory. My wolves are Freki and Geri.My horse is the gallowed.
    • I would pay 10-25 euro. I really wanted to play this game and was also planning to play it with my friends. I think 25 is limit just because we dont really know what we are playing for. But i would buy it for sure for 25
    Peria Chronicles