Goodbye from CM Larek

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Goodbye from CM Larek

Hello,

As announced today, the cooperation between the Korean games developer Neowiz Games and the gamigo group has been terminated by mutual agreement (you can read the press release here).

I am extremely sad about it as I was playing the Korean OBT before we got the contract and did my very best to join the Bless team once we got the deal. I was SOOOO happy to be part of the launch team and very excited to already start working with existing communities.

As you saw, the game was being delayed, reworked, and I saw the project slowly going away. I did not have much information to share in quite a while, until we got informed of the cancellation.

I don’t really know what else I can say other than that I hope the game finds a second life in US/EU and that you guys will still be passionate about BLESS, wherever it goes.

I will no longer be a CM for this game but you might still see me back as a player in the future.

I wish you all the best!

Larek
    • Sad to hear, but i can understand you guys somehow. I'm following the game since it was announced and since the first closed beta even the korean community said that they should actually focus on the western market, it wont be that successful in korea. I think the game is in development since around 7 years now but after reworking the game 2 times neowiz probably had enough and cutted their budget. I think they should focus on content, client optimizing and the features a mmo needs for the rest of the year before they plan to sell the publishing rights again. For me Bless feels more lika a MMO which is in an alpha state. It has the basics, client optimization is not a priority, towns are empty with almost no NPCs expect some copy&pasted guards but thats pretty much it. I really hope neowiz gives Bless a last chance, increases the budget so they can hire more devs and finally make it the great mmo it deserves to be.
      Another option would be that neowiz publishes the game by themself as an early access game on steam and work on the game together with the community. They could sell it for like $15 on steam, keep it on early access for the rest of the year and then release it as F2P title. I mean, i dont know how far the english version is but i guess the translation etc. is already done so releasing it as an early access title wouldnt be a bad idea i think.
    • I like how they try to placate us by saying not to worry because they have a solid amount of other new games coming... like I didn't start an Aeria account SOLELY because of Bless.... the rest of the games they publish do not interest me in the slightest. Ahh well. :(

No one can blame you Larek. You were just an employee, and not the one that terminated the decision. Thanks for your time here all the same, and thank you for the work you did do for us during your tenure. Heh, hopefully someone else will pick it up(not Trion), and we will still get a chance to play in the future. :)
    • “Together with Neowiz we have come to the conclusion that the technical difficulties cannot be overcome, so we agreed not to complete the game for our respective markets."

Excuse me, but what???
      That statement is incredibly unprofessional. They can't figure out how to fix something, so they abandon an entire region of players that have been waiting for years for your game?
      Anything else I can forgive, but that is just utter incompetence and irresponsibility in my book. Time for Neowiz to sell the game to another company that is actually capable of fixing problems.
      Either that or it is in fact just Aeria that is incapable of completing what they were supposed to and this statement is just to cover their asses.

*fuming*

Anyway....
      Thank you, Larek, for everything you have done for us and hopefully we will all be able to play Bless together in the future.
    • Kurokazu wrote:

“Together with Neowiz we have come to the conclusion that the technical difficulties cannot be overcome, so we agreed not to complete the game for our respective markets."

Excuse me, but what???
      That statement is incredibly unprofessional. They can't figure out how to fix something, so they abandon an entire region of players that have been waiting for years for your game?
      Anything else I can forgive, but that is just utter incompetence and irresponsibility in my book. Time for Neowiz to sell the game to another company that is actually capable of fixing problems.
      Either that or it is in fact just Aeria that is incapable of completing what they were supposed to and this statement is just to cover their asses.

*fuming*

Anyway....
      Thank you, Larek, for everything you have done for us and hopefully we will all be able to play Bless together in the future.
      Well, it's not as easy as it sounds. If the game has like 3 different clients its pretty hard to update them, especially with such a small devteam without fucking up the client. When you add a new class for example you have to create this class for the korean combat system and then for the western action combat system.
      My guess is that it's not impossible, but simply not worth it.
    • Furia wrote:

Well, it's not as easy as it sounds. If the game has like 3 different clients its pretty hard to update them, especially with such a small devteam without fucking up the client. When you add a new class for example you have to create this class for the korean combat system and then for the western action combat system.My guess is that it's not impossible, but simply not worth it.
      While I understand that it's difficult to work on multiple regions, I don't understand why they were bothering to make an "exclusive" combat system for the west. If they don't have the ability or the manpower to work on separate things, why not just focus on a single upgraded combat system for all regions?

I don't think anyone in the west cares that our combat system would have been exclusive to our version. We just want the game in its best form.
      Knowing that they are lacking manpower, they should have:
      1) Let Aeria work on localization including translations and voice overs
      2) Scrapped the "exclusive" combat system for the west and instead focused on creating a single improved system for all regions (rather than splitting their efforts)
      3) Released the new combat system in a Korean test server before applying it to all regions
      4) THEN they can design the Warlock class to fit the new combat system and release any other content

If you have a small team, you don't bite off more than you chew and then quit. Now they let down an entire region because of it. Be open. Be honest. Communicate with us. They did none of that.
    • The technical limitation is actually quite simple.

Unreal 3.

You dont use Unreal Engine to make MMOs, it will turn out impossible to optimize, and will lag, badly, every, single, time. Quite a few mmos in the past that will attest to this, the only mmo to use it and have a measure of success is TERA, but only because most of the players who play it, are either pervs, or really really like the combat system, but it is a optimization disaster, and will have horrible FPS drops, even on your 4000 dollar rig, save for those with very specific hardware and even then, it gets bad soon as more than 10 players are on screen.

I pretty much knew this was going to happen a long time ago. Now its Ashes of Creation's turn.
    • I don't agree.

Have a look ... the have locked UE3 DX11/12 and use only the part for Dx9 inside. I don't know why the locked DX11/12 in UE3. But, yes it is a known issue that UE3 is bad in DX11.

And Ashes use UE4 .. which is defently not developt for MMORPG. They have many thinks to do for an acceptable performance in Ashes. I'm also in interest to AoC (AshesofCreation) but the release
      will be in 2019/2020 ....
    • Anttyr wrote:

I don't agree.

Have a look ... the have locked UE3 DX11/12 and use only the part for Dx9 inside. I don't know why the locked DX11/12 in UE3. But, yes it is a known issue that UE3 is bad in DX11.

And Ashes use UE4 .. which is defently not developt for MMORPG. They have many thinks to do for an acceptable performance in Ashes. I'm also in interest to AoC (AshesofCreation) but the release
      Once again, it wont matter if its in DX11, DX12, or DXfriggen20superstarbrah the engine is not MEANT for mmos, TERA is a prime example of it, and the only thing keeping it alive are the Pedos and the True Action combat lovers. This generation now will not stick around a new MMO release if their 4000 dollar rig from Ibuypower/Alienware/Xidax that most of them will have, lags to 30 fps or worse, because of the game. Its either 60FPS or GTFO for most of them. And the BLESS developer knows this type of consumer in the west, and decided the risk just isnt worth it.
    • Alexandrious wrote:

Anttyr wrote:

I don't agree.

Once again, it wont matter if its in DX11, DX12, or DXfriggen20superstarbrah the engine is not MEANT for mmos, TERA is a prime example of it, and the only thing keeping it alive are the Pedos and the True Action combat lovers. This generation now will not stick around a new MMO release if their 4000 dollar rig from Ibuypower/Alienware/Xidax that most of them will have, lags to 30 fps or worse, because of the game. Its either 60FPS or GTFO for most of them. And the BLESS developer knows this type of consumer in the west, and decided the risk just isnt worth it.
      The problem is that koreans usually play at PC bangs on super high-end systems so they dont really have to care about such things.
    • Furia wrote:

Alexandrious wrote:

Anttyr wrote:

I don't agree.

The problem is that koreans usually play at PC bangs on super high-end systems so they dont really have to care about such things.
      Maybe it's a western thing, and we're not all that trusting out here or something, but I could never play in a place like that. I would be too worried about viruses/keyloggers, etc. :(

Incidentally, Tera actually played really well for me when tried it, and my computer is nowhere near high end. I guess I was just one of the lucky ones.