aeriagames bless website is back up again !

• New

Yeah, their marketing department is doing such a poor job promoting the game and building up hype. But then again they're just like most publishers that don't seem to realize even the tiniest bit of new information or tease helps a game grow, instead of just being silent.
    • New

Ryxes wrote:

Yeah, their marketing department is doing such a poor job promoting the game and building up hype. But then again they're just like most publishers that don't seem to realize even the tiniest bit of new information or tease helps a game grow, instead of just being silent.
      Have to disagree. There is not even a roadmap yet and Aeria don't know how long it takes until Neowiz finishes it's work on the western client. So what's the point of creating a hype? To disappoint the playerbase because the game needs longer than expected? Most of our facebook users are already complaining that it takes too long and that they are losing the interest. I think they are actually doing a good job by not promoting the game at this point.
    • New

Sorry I guess I was misunderstood. The second sentence of my post wasn't directly aimed at Aeria, just my observation of how the majority of the publishers in the west do bad job at marketing their games. I understand why you think building up hype is a bad thing, but like others said the least they could do is update their website with for example information about classes and the general lore of Bless.
    • New

Perhaps it's taking too long and AG needs more time to fix/chage everything they need to do, ok; but i think it's time to start with the promotion of the game. A lot of games in PreAlpha stage haver their websites running and fully operative. I know it would not be good for Bless Source but i've never seen before to Devs posting about their games in a fansite forum, if they open their website and forums i'm sure a lot more people would be active there.

For the records i love this forum/website and all the work you have done here! :D
      Arckam, InnerCircle, Spanish Gamer Community.
      :P <Insert random signature here>
      :P
    • New

Furia wrote:

Ryxes wrote:

Have to disagree. There is not even a roadmap yet and Aeria don't know how long it takes until Neowiz finishes it's work on the western client. So what's the point of creating a hype? To disappoint the playerbase because the game needs longer than expected? Most of our facebook users are already complaining that it takes too long and that they are losing the interest. I think they are actually doing a good job by not promoting the game at this point.
      I have to agree with you Ryxes, one of the things that can cause a game to die is an overly long wait time. Hyping the game can be an amazing thing to do, however there's a lot that can go wrong with it. Such as overhyping the game can end up leading to people feeling less satisfied with the games finished product as they had so much opinions on what the game will be, as well as hyping up too early can lead to people becoming uninterested in it if it takes to long to come out. I've seen it happen a lot, and MMOs itself are a hard genre to get up as none can seem to compete much with WoW (there are some exceptions, but for the most part not too many can say they compete with WoW).

On other news, I'm personally hyped for the game. I've been getting my fix on the Russian servers until they come out for NA hoping my nooby MMO self can get adjusted to the whole MMO concept and understand everything so I don't feel so far behind on the power curve once it comes out for NA.
    Peria Chronicles