aeriagames bless website is back up again !

• Yeah, their marketing department is doing such a poor job promoting the game and building up hype. But then again they're just like most publishers that don't seem to realize even the tiniest bit of new information or tease helps a game grow, instead of just being silent.
    • Ryxes wrote:

Yeah, their marketing department is doing such a poor job promoting the game and building up hype. But then again they're just like most publishers that don't seem to realize even the tiniest bit of new information or tease helps a game grow, instead of just being silent.
      Have to disagree. There is not even a roadmap yet and Aeria don't know how long it takes until Neowiz finishes it's work on the western client. So what's the point of creating a hype? To disappoint the playerbase because the game needs longer than expected? Most of our facebook users are already complaining that it takes too long and that they are losing the interest. I think they are actually doing a good job by not promoting the game at this point.
    • Sorry I guess I was misunderstood. The second sentence of my post wasn't directly aimed at Aeria, just my observation of how the majority of the publishers in the west do bad job at marketing their games. I understand why you think building up hype is a bad thing, but like others said the least they could do is update their website with for example information about classes and the general lore of Bless.
    • Perhaps it's taking too long and AG needs more time to fix/chage everything they need to do, ok; but i think it's time to start with the promotion of the game. A lot of games in PreAlpha stage haver their websites running and fully operative. I know it would not be good for Bless Source but i've never seen before to Devs posting about their games in a fansite forum, if they open their website and forums i'm sure a lot more people would be active there.

For the records i love this forum/website and all the work you have done here! :D
      Arckam, InnerCircle, Spanish Gamer Community.
      :P <Insert random signature here>
      :P
    • Furia wrote:

Ryxes wrote:

Yeah, their marketing department is doing such a poor job promoting the game and building up hype. But then again they're just like most publishers that don't seem to realize even the tiniest bit of new information or tease helps a game grow, instead of just being silent.
      Have to disagree. There is not even a roadmap yet and Aeria don't know how long it takes until Neowiz finishes it's work on the western client. So what's the point of creating a hype? To disappoint the playerbase because the game needs longer than expected? Most of our facebook users are already complaining that it takes too long and that they are losing the interest. I think they are actually doing a good job by not promoting the game at this point.
      I have to agree with you Ryxes, one of the things that can cause a game to die is an overly long wait time. Hyping the game can be an amazing thing to do, however there's a lot that can go wrong with it. Such as overhyping the game can end up leading to people feeling less satisfied with the games finished product as they had so much opinions on what the game will be, as well as hyping up too early can lead to people becoming uninterested in it if it takes to long to come out. I've seen it happen a lot, and MMOs itself are a hard genre to get up as none can seem to compete much with WoW (there are some exceptions, but for the most part not too many can say they compete with WoW).

On other news, I'm personally hyped for the game. I've been getting my fix on the Russian servers until they come out for NA hoping my nooby MMO self can get adjusted to the whole MMO concept and understand everything so I don't feel so far behind on the power curve once it comes out for NA.
    • Arckam wrote:

Perhaps it's taking too long and AG needs more time to fix/chage everything they need to do, ok; but i think it's time to start with the promotion of the game. A lot of games in PreAlpha stage haver their websites running and fully operative. I know it would not be good for Bless Source but i've never seen before to Devs posting about their games in a fansite forum, if they open their website and forums i'm sure a lot more people would be active there.

For the records i love this forum/website and all the work you have done here! :D
      I wouldn't say the game is in Alpha, except maybe whatever they are doing with combat. It's been about 2 months since we've heard anything from Aeria so who knows what they are doing. Regardless Aeria does post here sometimes, though I think they will probably have their own forums eventually. However I don't think they will replace this after it's been so well established.
    • Furia wrote:

Nicolexox3 wrote:

Aishrod wrote:

Just a heads up, I happen to know they sent out some closed beta e-mails. They are estimating starting closed beta in the summer.
      Where did you hear this?
      It's not true.
      How might you know? I am not questioning you that much but it was basically a friend of mine that told me about an e-mail he got while I was on discord with him. He was rather surprised about the e-mail especially considering he wasn't even 100% sure what Bless Online was, aside from a random MMO. The conversation pretty much ended with him saying he is looking forward to playing it in a few months. I have no real reason to doubt him, but I suppose he could have been lying about it.
    • Aishrod wrote:

Furia wrote:

Nicolexox3 wrote:

Aishrod wrote:

Just a heads up, I happen to know they sent out some closed beta e-mails. They are estimating starting closed beta in the summer.
      Where did you hear this?
      It's not true.
      How might you know? (....)
      Guess his friend told him....

Well in all seriousness - if there would be such news they would have announced it officially.
    • Nito wrote:

Aishrod wrote:

Furia wrote:

Nicolexox3 wrote:

Aishrod wrote:

Where did you hear this?
      It's not true.
      How might you know? (....)
      Guess his friend told him....
      Well in all seriousness - if there would be such news they would have announced it officially.
      That's the thing. While I don't necessarily believe him, it is possible that invites could have gone out privately because they were not ready for even a public closed beta yet. Other companies have done similar. Wildstar was in beta long before the public knew beta tests were going on and were allowed in. Still, I rather want proof. :(
    • Making no comment on the veracity or lack thereof of your friend's letter ... Aeria staff -- in the past -- aren't always kept aware of what's going on, even in their own games. With Lime Odyssey much of the Aeria staff was still saying the game was okay when reports came in from outside sources that it was dead in the water.

They kept the forums up for months -- over six -- even though the game was no longer being developed. When Eden Eternal was starting, not a single mod knew when the starting date was. Players realized they could get in when someone tried the launcher.

Old Aeria didn't always let it's left hand know what the right hand was doing ... or even let the hands know there were feet involved!

But maybe I'm just trying real hard to be an optimist.