Roleplayers?

Roleplayers?

Hey, was wondering how many roleplayers are on this site and when servers are named would like to try and possibly pick one to be the unofficial RP server if one is not made already? Also, if there are a lot of RP'ers that come to this site, maybe get a RP Area where we can hang out in?
      In NA TERA there is a PvE server where can roleplay: Celestial Hills - Roleplay.
      Roleplay is possible also in normal server, just using the /guild, the /say chat or a private channel.
      So. if Bless have one of this channel, and if i've read good it have, can roleplay in each server will open.
      The only problem is the imagination and the ability in roleplay of the guild/group members. ^^

Derridae wrote:

I wish I could roleplay, but I have no imagination.

Honestly a lot of RP'ers don't exactly make up everything their own but take inspiration from movies they have seen, books they have read, video games they have seen, or from other RP'ers they have RP'd with. There is some but not to many completely original characters used in RP anymore so you don't have to have a big imagination to be able to RP. The basic things you need to have to RP is.....

1 - A Character with a proper name.
      2 - Personality of said character.
      3 - Backstory
      4 - Mannerisms

The backstory isn't needed right away though and you could make it while you go through the life of your character like many do, including myself, so it isn't as important as the other three to have out at the start. My advice to you though would to just go check out some forum RP's for some inspiration if you want to try join in on the RP if it's an open one.
      as a noob RPer, it will be a bit of a learning process...my first attempts at RPing were less than stellar (OK, they were terrible!), but generally, the RP community is tremendously forgiving and enjoy helping new folks learn the ropes and the ettiquette that accompanies roleplaying.
      Yes, everyone's first time is, well, like everyone's first time and the RP community in general is an awesome community with helpful people. Two big RP tips is to generally have a reason for what you are doing and make sure what that reason is, it's something "your" character would do.
      I'm an impromptu ad lib type person when it comes to RP. I prefer to keep my long drafts of storyline in a forum medium. I've gotten some pretty positive responses to my instant forms of RP though! It's just not something I activity look out for; nor do I get much time to do it because I like to busy myself far too much; standing around and just chilling is a concept most foreign to me. :P I have to be in a special mood to get things kick-started. Who knows, maybe this game will have more outlets to let my more random zaniness flow. ^^

tamberleigh wrote:

I think immersing yourself in the game can make it more fun ... if it's a good game and its lore holds out. For myself, I just want good people and hard dungeons.

I couldn't agree with you more. :thumbup:

As far as roleplaying goes, I've done it. It is loads of silly fun, especially when you're not trying too hard or taking it too seriously. A long long time ago on a server far far away I rolled up a big ol' Troll Warrior named Steelspike. The world was called Norrath, and big 'ol handsome Steelspike was from Grobb, City of Skulls. I was lucky enough to met up with a real life female that had rolled up a female Troll Shaman and together we ROCKED all of Norrath! We'd flirt in trollish fashion, misspelled words on purpose, spoke as if neither of us had ever had any formal education, and killed anything and everything that moved, calling it a Froglok. Didn't matter what it really was we'd just call it a strange looking Froglok. Of course acting as a dim witted, simple minded, Troll warrior that lived to kill all Frogloks, even the strange looking ones, wasn't hard on the imagination at all. You'll develop as you progress, like practice the more you do something the easier it becomes. The advice I would give a newb roleplayer is keep it simple at first. Less is more, don't overwhelm your character with too much of anything, backstory, traits, habits, mannerisms of speech, you'll find a little goes a long way. And give your character flaws, honestly imho nothing makes a character more "alive" than shortcomings and defects. Steelspike had a hysterical phobia of water. Sure I swam with the party when we all had to on our way to a quest, or to a good mob spawning spot, but poor ol' Steel would scream 'help' and that he was 'drowning' and would sometimes sink or go in circles, but never anything that interfered with the group having fun or slowing them down at all.
      Roleplaying is a deeply rewarding way to play a good MMORPG. Those that have done it know it adds to the experience of gaming immensely, those that haven't tried it need to at least once to see what all the fuss is about. Bless, if it's at least half as good as advertised should be ideal at giving RP'ing a go. I know when I roll up my first alt, a cute little Mascu, that'll be my RP toon. Because how hard can it be to act like an oversized squirrel. You know...

Bast wrote:

tamberleigh wrote:

I think immersing yourself in the game can make it more fun ... if it's a good game and its lore holds out. For myself, I just want good people and hard dungeons.

I couldn't agree with you more. :thumbup:

As far as roleplaying goes, I've done it. It is loads of silly fun, especially when you're not trying too hard or taking it too seriously. A long long time ago on a server far far away I rolled up a big ol' Troll Warrior named Steelspike. The world was called Norrath, and big 'ol handsome Steelspike was from Grobb, City of Skulls. I was lucky enough to met up with a real life female that had rolled up a female Troll Shaman and together we ROCKED all of Norrath! We'd flirt in trollish fashion, misspelled words on purpose, spoke as if neither of us had ever had any formal education, and killed anything and everything that moved, calling it a Froglok. Didn't matter what it really was we'd just call it a strange looking Froglok. Of course acting as a dim witted, simple minded, Troll warrior that lived to kill all Frogloks, even the strange looking ones, wasn't hard on the imagination at all. You'll develop as you progress, like practice the more you do something the easier it becomes. The advice I would give a newb roleplayer is keep it simple at first. Less is more, don't overwhelm your character with too much of anything, backstory, traits, habits, mannerisms of speech, you'll find a little goes a long way. And give your character flaws, honestly imho nothing makes a character more "alive" than shortcomings and defects. Steelspike had a hysterical phobia of water. Sure I swam with the party when we all had to on our way to a quest, or to a good mob spawning spot, but poor ol' Steel would scream 'help' and that he was 'drowning' and would sometimes sink or go in circles, but never anything that interfered with the group having fun or slowing them down at all.
      Roleplaying is a deeply rewarding way to play a good MMORPG. Those that have done it know it adds to the experience of gaming immensely, those that haven't tried it need to at least once to see what all the fuss is about. Bless, if it's at least half as good as advertised should be ideal at giving RP'ing a go. I know when I roll up my first alt, a cute little Mascu, that'll be my RP toon. Because how hard can it be to act like an oversized squirrel. You know...

Story of my life in WoW,on the RP server,lol.I find RP very fun and it really makes you feel that you are the character controlled by you.Dunno how trolls roll,but we as pandas roll with bamboo and pretenting to be ninjas,lol.

For some reason the mascu remind me of Bellato from RF Online.

ultimaswari.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/prf_bellato.jpg

You must not fight too often with one enemy,or you will teach him all your art of war.