Classes, Descriptions, Screencaps, Etc.

• Classes, Descriptions, Screencaps, Etc.

We have all eight classes listed per official sources. If these are like AION/TERA (highly likely given senior production staff is all from AION/TERA/LINEAGE), you're looking at:

Assassin = Assassin (AION)
      Berserker = Berserker (TERA)/Slayer (TERA)/Gladiator (AION)
      Guardian = Templar (AION)
      Mage = Sorcerer (AION)/Sorcerer (TERA)
      Mystic = Mystic (TERA)/Chanter (AION)?
      Paladin = Cleric (AION)
      Ranger = Archer (TERA)/Ranger (AION)
      Warlock = Spritmaster (AION)?

In reviewing all of the videos available, here's what I've come up with thus far.

1. Assassin

a. Dual wielding daggers/swords.
      b. Vanishing/stealth ability.
      c. Evasion/tumbling backwards ability.

2. Berserker (like in TERA)

a. Wears plate armor.
      b. Uses 2H axe.
      c. Has 360-degree spin attacks, edge-of-blade attacks, and uses the flat side of bladehead to smash.

3. Guardian (like the Templar in AION)

a. Wears plate
      b. Uses a shield + 1H.
      c. Can "shield bash".

4. Mage / Warlock / Mystic (not sure which is which)

a. Robes or light armor.
      b. Casts fireballs.
      c. Can "freeze" targets.
      d. Can summon seige pets.
      e. Could be two different mage classes: one "traditional mage" (e.g. fire/ice) and one summoner?

5. Mystic (not sure what characteristics go here yet)

6. Paladin (like the Cleric in AION)

a. Wears chain/plate.
      b. Uses 1H mace/scepter, shield.
      c. Mainly a spellcaster, auto-attacks are melee and there are ranged, AOE, directional AOE, and melee spells.
      d. Can be see healing herself and others.
      e. Has at least one 2-minute buff, could be for the party.

7. Ranger

a. Wears leather.
      b. Uses a bow.
      c. Appears to set traps.

8. Warlock (not sure what characteristics go here yet)

Unassigned characteristics

1. "Warrior" class - Is this the Mystic class or is it really the Guardians (or is that transformation just a racial skill)?

a. Uses 1h sword.
      b. Can morph/transform (just a racial ability since both were "cats"?)
      c. Looked like plate/heavy armor.

2. "Slayer" (like in TERA) - is this just Berserker class with a different 2H weapon?

a. Wears what looks like leather.
      b. Uses a 2H sword.

The post was edited 9 times, last by Organic ().

• Can't seem to quote you, but...

This is a Holy Trinity setup with some flexibility/hybrid. The Paladin is definitely seen healing herself in the footage. I didn't see any other class (though we've only see four in actual gameplay) heal themselves. The Paladin = Cleric in AION from what I can tell, so that'll be a full healer. Maybe the Mystic would be a secondary healer since the Mystic in TERA is a healer? Not sure yet. If it's like AION, there are two melee dps, one tank, three ranged dps, one support, one healer. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    • Mystic was like a secondary healer in TERA. I did not play much Aion to remember what the cleric did but if that is the way its going to be cool.
      I'll probably play a Paladin or Mystic.
      Thanks for the clarification
      I believe that stories are written and read to rebel the fact that you only live once
    • Drowsie wrote:

Mystic was like a secondary healer in TERA. I did not play much Aion to remember what the cleric did but if that is the way its going to be cool.
      I'll probably play a Paladin or Mystic.
      Thanks for the clarification
      I played the TERA Mystic from all CBTs on. :) It was a primary healer, equal to the Priest; just did healing in a different way. It also had four pet summons, so maybe that's our summoning class? Really wish I'd stop being redirected to US sites when I visit the Korean ones.
    • Wow Organic, you really looked into those videos. I've seen some combat of Bless and what really interests me is paladin and archer. Also even the mage. Not sure if paladin heals others but definitely herself.
      Nothing to see here. Keep Scrolling.
    • Mich wrote:

Wow Organic, you really looked into those videos. I've seen some combat of Bless and what really interests me is paladin and archer. Also even the mage. Not sure if paladin heals others but definitely herself.
      Yes, sir. Definitely heals others. You can see that in one of the full-party combat vids at the boss fight at the end of the gameplay demo. She's healing the Guardian (tank) during the fight. I'll be adding some screencaps of the four classes we've seen thus far!
    • Do you think that the Siren could be a Mystic? She seems to summon something, and in TERA the Mystic class had summons. Certainly not to the scale of the elemental creature we see, but summons nonetheless. I also doubt she's a Warlock.
      "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."
    • StrategicWarfareXIII wrote:

Do you think that the Siren could be a Mystic? She seems to summon something, and in TERA the Mystic class had summons. Certainly not to the scale of the elemental creature we see, but summons nonetheless. I also doubt she's a Warlock.
      Really good point. The Mystic did have the HUGE summons on that 10 min cd, so...it's not unprecedented. The siege golem in the video is friggin' gigantic. I can't wait! :)

That said, I'm pretty sure all races can be all classes. Jacob's made a big point of how much customization we'll have access to.

"Despite the retention of this familiar style of gameplay, BLESS has a wide portfolio of character classes (eight, to be exact). Depending on the situation, players will experience dynamic roles. Once we reveal more about our upcoming RvR features, we will be able to disclose these customization elements in greater detail. Additional customization will be attainable through the race that you choose to play as well as through the completion of royal quests."

"The classes that we did not showcase in our game demo at G-Star 2012 have a more liberal style of combat."

So, lots and lots and lots of questions yet. :)

• N4nd0 wrote:

The points of status are auto updated or can edit it?
      Example: gain poits in level up to up one status
      To me, it sounded like they automated a lot of the "level up" process just for the demo. Currently, you automatically gain skills/spells on your skillbar so there wasn't a skill trainer. We don't yet know anything about talent trees, "stats"/attributes, etc. but Jacob said they are looking at ways to have folks able to hybrid/customize their characters as much as possible.
    • I'm hoping that Mystic is no way like the TERA mystic ended up as. Granted it had some great skills. I played both classes in KR/NA but followed out with Priest mainly to the fact that with all the nerfs and then Priests getting more buffs. Mystic was frustrating to play, not hard to play it was as if BHS did not know where they where going with the class because of the nerfs over the buffs given too the class every patch or major patch. That's why I state that if BLESS makes it that kind of scenario again we will have the same ol issue. Although both classes could heal, and support a group through a dun PVE it was clear the pros and cons when it came PVP/PVE and then priests started getting more of the buffs with each new update.

Too me I kinda wish and hope Mystic will be both Priest & Mystic (of TERA) and some other games that have done Priest and then another class that did healing, but not as strong of heal this goes back all the way too like RO with Healing builds for Crusaders/Pali's where they could solo heal level but then secondary heal. When I say would be nice to be a mix of a TERA Priest/Mystic is

All the great types of different heals, the buffs, and stealing the Mystics Healing Summon + MP/HP Ball drops for the players that are contently mobil and can pick up on their own instead of demanding a heal. But then again that could be wishing of a all too op class :P
      Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
      truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn- Nethack
      :love:
    • Guardian and paladin for me. My (stupid) hope is for Mystic to be a bit like the illusionist class in Eden Eternal. High single target damage along with two magical, wonderful spells (and a derpy summons. I mean it, that robot was the stupidest pet, going right up and getting any mob it could and bringing them home like that was a good thing). A party mana heal and a party stimulation - which speeded up casting speed. Add that to a high critting triple attack and they were wonderful in a party.
    Peria Chronicles