Adversting (For Guests and Members with less than 10 Posts only)

This game or Revelation online?

• Having played neither - only obsessively watched YouTube videos, stalked forums, and read endless reviews - I have high hopes that they'll be close enough that I'll be able to switch back and forth. Burned out on Bless? Play Revelations for a day or two, and vice versa.

But, again, I haven't actually played either. I'm just an optimist.
    • According to this First Impressions video: Link

He says "The developers took the best features of all MMOs and put them into one". Sadly, I've heard that too many times already and none of those "perfect" MMOs lasted.
    • I already have a lvl 45 Gunner on Revelation Online (Chinese version) and to be honest the game sounds like a bad melting pot to me... wings from AION, weapons and armors from Blade & Soul, multiverse bestiary (sometimes I felt like a mob had nothing to do in this universe because of a strange chara-design, sadly not the good strangeness).

Revelation Online has 10 channels per server (dividing community by this number) while BLESS only only has 2 which means that the world is more alive and dynamic for BLESS thanks to everyone that you cross and play with. Also Revelation has LFR/LFG systems for PvP and PvE so you kinda have the assistanship that makes you play with anonymous players without even talking to them and massive fights are somehow lacking of visibily because of a lot of glowing, large skills effects.

I forgot to mention that once you reach lvl 29 (in around 3 hours), you are rewarded with your first wings and then able to fly but in my opinion it is only dividing the community more than it already is but this time from ground to air. Also don't expect Open PvP to happen a lot because there is no reward from it and without interest people will just leave this activity like it is the case on Chinese servers.

Despite all of that, Revelation Online is based on a home-made engine named BigBang and it is very well optimized though the MMO (mostly the massively aspect) was not truely here as a PvP player I couldn't find a place to me. Also My.com which is going to manage Revelation in North America and Europe already made a Pay-to-Win game in 2015 with SkyForge and is a subsidiary of Mail.ru already known for Allods Online and a few others games with the worst MMO reputation that you can find in terms of Cash Shop content.

My 2 cents.
    • i still wonder why people compare medieval-themed games with asian-themed ones when they got nothing in common except for being mmos.

beside, Revelation is just another copy of previous NCSoft titles mixed together, so it's not that innovative either.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs will become lions."
    • Fenrir wrote:

[...], so it's not that innovative either.
      Because Bless is...

They are comparable cause they are MMORPGs, like it or not.

vegax87 wrote:

Indeed, Revelation Online won't last long because lacks of elegance, it has just an action combat to make kids happy..

Action combat is NOT everything in a MMO
      Some ppl play games for gameplay, others for PVP, others for RP and others for PVE. I even know ppl that play mmos for the story... yeah, in an MMO I think that it's the least important. Everyone like different things, that's why u can't tell someone to not play revelation because YOU don't like the gameplay (or at least think it's not important) !

They are just 2 types of game, and you can play both at the same time cause they are also different.
      There is 99,99% that they'll both be F2P so try them both and make your own opinion ;)
    • Jupiter wrote:

Some ppl play games for gameplay, others for PVP, others for RP and others for PVE. I even know ppl that play mmos for the story... yeah, in an MMO I think that it's the least important. Everyone like different things, that's why u can't tell someone to not play revelation because YOU don't like the gameplay (or at least think it's not important) !
      They are just 2 types of game, and you can play both at the same time cause they are also different.
      There is 99,99% that they'll both be F2P so try them both and make your own opinion ;)

Don't worry, I just expressed my opinion but I never said that you shouldn't play Revelation Online, I will try it in the future
    • I prefer Bless' aesthetic. Their gameplay has some resemblance, and Revelation Online has more social and quality of life features, but none of them make the deal for me. I'll try Revelation, but Bless online is most of what I want in a game (also non-human races). If Revelation let me play the bear race, I would be much more excited, not a fan to prettied up humans or elves. I've never been bothered by P2W since I'm a PvE player mostly so I don't see myself being bothered by their cash shops (I was not bothered by Skyforge's monetization).
    • I am also torn between this and Revelation Online. I am the type of person that when starts playing a game likes to stay invested so if i decide to buy RO founders pack that's it i wont be playing Bless but i am having a hard time deciding on what to do.
      Big issue for me is that i cant actually try Bless while i played Revelation on CN servers and it doesn't help that Bless wont be here till next year.

Can anyone give me a link to someone who does Bless videos on utube with lots of info so i can inform myself a bit more before deciding?
      Also i hear optimization is pretty bad on Bless and it is a deal breaker for me considering i saw a guy with top rig on medium settings getting like 35 fps...
    • I've seen a player from Turkey get pretty great performance on Bless. I think it largely depends on the trans pacific ping. If you live in Europe or North America, ping from the Russian servers is typically only 120-150. But Revelation is a good game, and with both games being free, Bless could provide you with a game to play between Revelation updates.
    • It's not like both games will be released at the same time. Revelation will come in 2-3 months while Bless is still 6 months+ away(unless Aeria want to rush the release really badly)
      Just play both.
    • Momoruk wrote:

I already have a lvl 45 Gunner on Revelation Online (Chinese version) and to be honest the game sounds like a bad melting pot to me... wings from AION, weapons and armors from Blade & Soul, multiverse bestiary (sometimes I felt like a mob had nothing to do in this universe because of a strange chara-design, sadly not the good strangeness).

Revelation Online has 10 channels per server (dividing community by this number) while BLESS only only has 2 which means that the world is more alive and dynamic for BLESS thanks to everyone that you cross and play with. Also Revelation has LFR/LFG systems for PvP and PvE so you kinda have the assistanship that makes you play with anonymous players without even talking to them and massive fights are somehow lacking of visibily because of a lot of glowing, large skills effects.

I forgot to mention that once you reach lvl 29 (in around 3 hours), you are rewarded with your first wings and then able to fly but in my opinion it is only dividing the community more than it already is but this time from ground to air. Also don't expect Open PvP to happen a lot because there is no reward from it and without interest people will just leave this activity like it is the case on Chinese servers.

Despite all of that, Revelation Online is based on a home-made engine named BigBang and it is very well optimized though the MMO (mostly the massively aspect) was not truely here as a PvP player I couldn't find a place to me. Also My.com which is going to manage Revelation in North America and Europe already made a Pay-to-Win game in 2015 with SkyForge and is a subsidiary of Mail.ru already known for Allods Online and a few others games with the worst MMO reputation that you can find in terms of Cash Shop content.

My 2 cents.

U mentioning the possible p2w aspect on RO, and Aeria games isnt know for P2W ? Aeria is just as bad with that like any other publisher out there and has the same bad reputation for it. Anno 2016 the p2w model is unfortunate enough the only model that is interesting for publishers cuz that brings the most money in the fastest way, marketing wise thats the only good road they can take, they stopped caring bout the community long time ago and therefore the lifespan of current mmo's isnt long.. plenty of examples around like Archeage, Cabal 2, Blade & Soul, Black Desert, they all claime to care for the players before release but as soon as its released and they sold their foundpacks the p2w model is already implented.

Ur right in saying its your opinion and luckely we all have those, best thing for eveyone to do is try them both and come up with their own.

i played RO on the chinese servers aswell and i will defo play it as long as bless isnt released in the EU yet cuz Bless "looks and sounds" like the game me and my guild been waiting for since quitting Aion. The games we played after didnt give us the same satisfying feeling.
    • bless for real, hope to see some changes in game mobility also in fighting style but still reminds me of old years I played lineage 2 and it looks like it has some potential.

About revelation didn't played it but from the videos I saw it's just not for me the fighting style looks weird and this is one thing if it doesn't look awesome I will not giving me a try

Regards
      Check My Videos!

Let's Play Bless | Bless Mage Guide
    This is a Fansite and not the official Website for Bless. © NEOWIZ . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © NEOWIZ BLESS STUDIO. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.