Best option for pair play

• Best option for pair play

With Bless finally close (fingers crossed!) to coming out, even it if is the Aeria "Soon™ ", I've been able to get my other half interested. Not interested enough to sign up to the forum, but interested enough to look through classes and whatnot.

We normally main tank and healer, with a pair of dps classes as our ... romping around characters. But for that first day, and the first two to take in the scenery, learn the ropes and get to cap (and to support our mains), what would you recommend?

I prefer tank/healer/melee dps. My OH goes for mage/healer ... mage/healer. Sometimes 'zerker, but it depends.

I mean, ideally we'll have one of each class/race/hair color, so I'm more looking at what's the best foot to start on.
    • no matter what lvl in the game you are, a berserker + paladin makes for great damage output, survivablity, and easy aoe farming
      the berserker alone does great damage but pulling too many mobs leads to a quick death, but a nice paladin around with good heals can make those kill quests in game go by quickly
      not to mention berserker's cleave damage makes quick meals of farming mobs

you can play around with mixing a paladin with a dps class like mage or w/e but the damage output won't be the same, ranger also suffers from lack of damage output in my opinion compared to bersereker and lacks aoe damage...

for good duo play i wouldn't go beyond paladin + berserker/ paladin + mage otherwise you'll not have enough damage to do much else guardian is too tanky to dish out high damage, and sin is too squishy to keep alive in aoe farming and you'll kill things too fast in order to heal in solo mob killing

but try what you like
    • tamberleigh wrote:

Thank you, 'mystic.

I'll see if I can get her to do 'zerker/healer. 'Zerker looks fun from the videos ...
      glad to help~
      zerker is fun but i can't stand melee classes
      they have a ton of gap closers though so pvp won't be too hard
      they're also ungodly easy to faceroll with in my opinion.. even my korean guildmates say the class is easy to do well with so it's great for new players
    • tamberleigh wrote:

This was mostly for ideas for our starter pair. I'll be maining tank ... I don't know if she'll go healer or mage. Depends on the dungeons, I think. If dungeons are fun, we tend to main dungeon classes.
      the berzerker can be an off tank, it's not the safest duo for dungeons but with a high dps team and a smart healer it's possible for the easier dungeons... end game you'll definitely need a guardian or a super tank (tank build Castle Core) Paladin lol

the berzerker can switch aggro with the guardian or tank paladin for safer boss fights with still decent damage but it's best to just have one tank and the rest dps and heals