Hello new to the gane

• Hello new to the gane

Hi, I came across this game this week after watching a video of top ten MMOS not yet released. The open world looked like Archeage or Elder scrolls, and it stated it had great character control over abilities learned. The decks I guess you call them.

I love Pve content, hence ESo, ffxi. I made an elf mage last night and a short toon beserker. I do have a few questions though.

I am lvl four. and a mage, how do I add things I learned to my skill bar? I show four skills core I know but I never been able to add anything to the hotkey bar on bottom.

Then on the decks I learned a passive, but again I dont know how to actually add anything. Can someone explain how to add items to the hotbar, and decks?

Also, my second question is the small toon I made, I walked around very far and saw no monsters. Do the third and fourth race have the area around their homes that they are working on and not developed yet? I didn't see one person for the few hours i played when I played that toon.

And lastly where is the best place to get info about this game? Thanks
      1. Press K, it will open the skill window in which you can manage the skill decks. Close it after you managed your decks and it will auto-save it to your skill bar.
      2. I'm not aware of mobs missing around towns, it might be possible that you're in an instanced zone for a quest.
      3. The best place to get informations in english is this forum, just check out the different sections and guides and you'll learn alot
    • I can see all my skills. Like with K.

But I have a hot bar. 1-10. Iam lvl four so my mage I unlocked two new abilities, and one passive. But I cant move those two new abilities to say #3 #4 on my hotbar. thats how i am so confused.

then yes, I have one passive. I go to deck, i see an open slot as I never had any active passive, yet I can't place the one I got.

Do I need to be trained by a npc, buy a book from npc to use abilities?

As an example I learned inceneration and flame jet. How can I put those on my deck or hot bar?
      I know fire district explosion but I cant equip that to the skill book.

Ok I guess I had to do a quest to get a skill book to activate what it says I was able to learn. But i saw npc selling skill books for tatics and armor, why not mages? Do i have to do all quet for a mage in order to get my skills unlocked? I can't buy books? I am having fun with the game. Can't wait to try to capture some pets.

The post was edited 2 times, last by prisha ().

• prisha wrote:

I can see all my skills. Like with K.

But I have a hot bar. 1-10. Iam lvl four so my mage I unlocked two new abilities, and one passive. But I cant move those two new abilities to say #3 #4 on my hotbar. thats how i am so confused.

then yes, I have one passive. I go to deck, i see an open slot as I never had any active passive, yet I can't place the one I got.

Do I need to be trained by a npc, buy a book from npc to use abilities?

As an example I learned inceneration and flame jet. How can I put those on my deck or hot bar?
      I know fire district explosion but I cant equip that to the skill book.

Ok I guess I had to do a quest to get a skill book to activate what it says I was able to learn. But i saw npc selling skill books for tatics and armor, why not mages? Do i have to do all quet for a mage in order to get my skills unlocked? I can't buy books? I am having fun with the game. Can't wait to try to capture some pets.
      You need to "manage" ALL your skills ONLY inside the DECK (K Key) and when you close it all the changes you have done they are automatically saved.

Just move the skills you wish in the slots you want, it's pretty simple...

About the skills, search for the trainers (the Book icon) and buy the books that you can learn based on your level...

BryanFury - Leader | Clan Website | Clan Forum | Clan Facebook Page |
    • Well since I am still new, I have a few more questions.

First, Korea stated they were doing server merges. But they said Beta merges? I don't understand, I mean if something is in beta, its not even saved progress right? So why merge? And any idea when it will actually launch for real in Korea?

Is it worth while to collect the 600+ mounts and how much time would that take me?

I do get a lot of weapons I can't use as they are not for my job. But am I able to learn their skills at some point?

And lastly what is their to look forward to endgame in this game? I don't think their will be player housing, crafting seems limited, no trade runs. So what should i look forward to? Just pvp events?

One more thing, the world is pretty but mostly emepty of players and monsters is that normal? I would say its even empty of gathering resources at these vast open spots. But maybe it is still being developed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by prisha ().

• prisha wrote:

Well since I am still new, I have a few more questions.

First, Korea stated they were doing server merges. But they said Beta merges? I don't understand, I mean if something is in beta, its not even saved progress right? So why merge? And any idea when it will actually launch for real in Korea?

People talking about soft release. no wipe. are you afraid of loosing your time ? server merge was needed 15 server to 10 server only for korea is a bit overkill. seems legit they reduce it

prisha wrote:

Is it worth while to collect the 600+ mounts and how much time would that take me?

Honestly, no it's useless. find mount and pet you like upgrade them (skill/Level)enjoy.

prisha wrote:

I do get a lot of weapons I can't use as they are not for my job. But am I able to learn their skills at some point?
      Skill from different class ? what ? this is not guild wars 2. you only learn skill for your class.

prisha wrote:

And lastly what is their to look forward to endgame in this game? I don't think their will be player housing, crafting seems limited, no trade runs. So what should i look forward to? Just pvp events?

The end game is all about PvP, who care about housing ?, i agree about the crafting hope they improve it.
      Keep in mind the game is pretty new there is no content like a 10year old MMO.

prisha wrote:

One more thing, the world is pretty but mostly emepty of players and monsters is that normal? I would say its even empty of gathering resources at these vast open spots. But maybe it is still being developed.

Empty ? Well if you are on ex-Baraka yes, the server is not really full of people and they do RvR and dungeon only. but yeah the game lack of PvP objective right now if you don't looking for it. i see some hieron assassin in Union town trying to assassinate people it's an objective you can do but you are not forced to it's really up to you to choose what you wan't to do.
    • Still looking for a guild.

Some of the quest seem hard or at least hard to figure out what to due, due to translation. Like I am stuck in the city where the guy has sex in cutscene. I think I have to sneak up the stairs. past many guards, but its not like we have a sneak skill that i know of. In any case thanks for all the help guys. I did tell a few of my bdo friends and archeage friends about the game, but I hope to make it a little higher and farther in the game so I can encourage them to come.
    • prisha wrote:

Still looking for a guild.

Some of the quest seem hard or at least hard to figure out what to due, due to translation. Like I am stuck in the city where the guy has sex in cutscene. I think I have to sneak up the stairs. past many guards, but its not like we have a sneak skill that i know of. In any case thanks for all the help guys. I did tell a few of my bdo friends and archeage friends about the game, but I hope to make it a little higher and farther in the game so I can encourage them to come.

you need to equip a quest armor in your inventory , then you can easily avoid the guards
    Peria Chronicles