Adversting (Guests only)

IRON UNDERWEAR !!!

• Hello.
    As we all know there are different types of people and i respect any type of living beings.
    Now with this tread i just want to make mine , yours and Neowiz life and choices in near future way more simple. I know for sure there are more questions/treads/polls like this one. Im not trying to spam or get attention on my big head... its just i didnt saw other poll on this topic.
    So here we go. Lets vote about the ``pvp protection`` item. I think i`ve covered all the possible options (3). But if you think the poll is missing an option please write it in the comment section.
    Im sure Neowiz will take a look at this topic before starting the game since we have 10 days left.

Have a nice day. :) 
    https://www.strawpoll.me/15721332/r

• I voted "yes" (but also I don't mind the option "only as you level up"). My rationale is that Bless is promoted as PvPvE game by the authors and as such there is apparently a place for PvE. There are situations you simply do not want to be involved in PvP, even you are PvP-oriented player otherwise - you aren't in mood, you want just to wander around and chat, etc. Also, I think there should be some protection for low-level players to prevent griefing.

For purely PvP game makes PvP protection just a little sense, but it is not a case of Bless and thus some kind of protection should be there, in my opinion.

• I voted yes as well (although I do like PvP), just for the same reason: sometimes you just want to craft/gather/explore/enjoy the world. Everyone needs to de-stress now and then. :) 

MMOs like this always have a really vocal minority that proclaim that it is a PvP game and everyone else can get out or get gud...but they're not, there's a ton of PvE content as well that is meant to be enjoyed as part of the game. There's a ton of development resources that go into designing other areas of the game and we're suppose to enjoy those areas as well. BDO is a game with a lot of healthy PvP action, for instance, and it's great. There's also a very involved system for taming, breeding and levelling horses which I loved.

I guess I just don't understand why anyone would find it enjoyable to kill lowlevel players, or people fishing, or whatever. Where's the sport in that? Come and fight people who want a good fight. :D

• Adversting (Guests only)

• I don't think there should be an item. You should just simply be able to toggle off and on if you want to engage in pvp or not.

I don't agree with griefing "being a part of the game". People should have the ability to focus on grinding and leveling up without having to deal with griefers blocking their progress. Especially since the game is being marketed as a Pvp and Pve game.

The game needs to have extreme diminishing returns on honor points for killing the same player over and over. It also needs to make it so that if a player isnt within a certain level or gear score or whatever that you get no points for killing them.

A competitive pvp environment needs to be fostered not a mindless griefing environment.

• I voted "yes" (but also I don't mind the option "only as you level up"). My rationale is that Bless is promoted as PvPvE game by the authors and as such there is apparently a place for PvE. There are situations you simply do not want to be involved in PvP, even you are PvP-oriented player otherwise - you aren't in mood, you want just to wander around and chat, etc. Also, I think there should be some protection for low-level players to prevent griefing.

For purely PvP game makes PvP protection just a little sense, but it is not a case of Bless and thus some kind of protection should be there, in my opinion.

Basically , like you said ``chat`` , you can enter a city or a village where there are guards. As far as i remember guards are not allowing people from different factions to fight in those places. If you attack someone in city or village the guards will chase you down. And also if you are not in the mood to do PvP and lets say you are aiming just for dungeons , you can simply take the taxi dragon and go straight in to the dungeon.If you want to farm monster book or elites i dont think this ``pvp item`` is fair to be used (thats the main point of removing it or at least nurfing it). :) 

• Basically , like you said ``chat`` , you can enter a city or a village where there are guards. As far as i remember guards are not allowing people from different factions to fight in those places. If you attack someone in city or village the guards will chase you down. And also if you are not in the mood to do PvP and lets say you are aiming just for dungeons , you can simply take the taxi dragon and go straight in to the dungeon.If you want to farm monster book or elites i dont think this ``pvp item`` is fair to be used (thats the main point of removing it or at least nurfing it). :) 

Yeah, there are some options how to avoid unwanted PvP as you mentioned, but I do not meant that as an exhaustive list of activities. Simply, sometimes you do not want to be bothered by PvP, doesn't matter what do you want to do at that moment and options like "stand in the exact middle of the town square during the full moon, but just only when the owl is flying around" aren't the real options. ;)

Using the no-PvP-scroll for the "competitive" activities like elite bosses farming, etc. may be really problematic and I agree there. But, such cases may be solved with a few exceptions to the system like when such scroll is active, you cannot kill/loot "important" monsters.

• Using the no-PvP-scroll for the "competitive" activities like elite bosses farming, etc. may be really problematic and I agree there. But, such cases may be solved with a few exceptions to the system like when such scroll is active, you cannot kill/loot "important" monsters.

While having open world bosses sounds engaging and neat I've always found it annoying. I remember hours upon hours of ridiculous back and forth in my Vanilla WoW days fighting other guilds over world bosses. In the end, we ended up scheduling certain guilds to take boss respawns because everyone just got so sick of dealing with it. This ended up being the top 3 or 4 guilds on the server which eliminated the majority of the server population from the activity.

They need to have instanced areas in the game for world bosses. This area should have a function similar to that of a Raid ID (scheduled resets).

• Rime : Yep, that may be quite annoying. But as far as I know, the world bosses are instanced, I am just not sure if PvP is enabled there or not. But, if the open PvP will become a problem for the general gameplay there, I can imagine it should be no problem to disable PvP globally in the world boss instances.

• Rime : Yep, that may be quite annoying. But as far as I know, the world bosses are instanced, I am just not sure if PvP is enabled there or not. But, if the open PvP will become a problem for the general gameplay there, I can imagine it should be no problem to disable PvP globally in the world boss instances.

Ahh very good, thanks for the clarification man.

• I voted no only because I feel like the faction vs faction open world pvp aspect is what really brings the world to life in the game. I've played faction vs faction games like Aion, and having to be on constant high alert for the enemy really makes me feel like I'm living in the world and the story. When you see someone from the opposite faction, you both have the opportunity to make a choice: fight to kill, be honorable and let each other be, make friends if you want, or just give them a little scare ;) haha
    That's more realistic to me.

Seeing someone from the opposite faction and not being able to have that type of interaction just seems a bit immersion-breaking to me.
    On the other hand, I want this game to live and do well whatever it takes. So if having this item helps keep the "PvE only" people playing, then so be it. But if that's the case, I'd prefer to keep it only as you level and with a cooldown. At max level you should be prepared for anything - period.
    That's just my view.

• Well said +1 :)

• I only came here because of the title of this thread. What a click bait. Damn.

From a personal standpoint I don't mind if it is or isn't in. I rather enjoyed it during my WoW days. The possible threat, the surprise gank attempts, stalemating/escaping, or somehow victorious. It was really enjoyable to embrace the dangers that inhabit the environment and added another kind of enjoyment in the game.

However, I certainly understand that that is not something people may enjoy and I do advocate being able to have options and allow individuals to do what they want (to a certain degree) or in some cases the usage of this particular item prevents other individuals from doing what they want. It's like a mechanism to address the potential 'abuse' or excursiveness of something like open world griefing. It's not going to be easy to come to a conclusion since it has a further reaching implication.

• I only came here because of the title of this thread. What a click bait. Damn.

From a personal standpoint I don't mind if it is or isn't in. I rather enjoyed it during my WoW days. The possible threat, the surprise gank attempts, stalemating/escaping, or somehow victorious. It was really enjoyable to embrace the dangers that inhabit the environment and added another kind of enjoyment in the game.

However, I certainly understand that that is not something people may enjoy and I do advocate being able to have options and allow individuals to do what they want (to a certain degree) or in some cases the usage of this particular item prevents other individuals from doing what they want. It's like a mechanism to address the potential 'abuse' or excursiveness of something like open world griefing. It's not going to be easy to come to a conclusion since it has a further reaching implication.

Click bait .... :D :D :D :D

• Agree with your as in Rift one can toggle off pvp and avoid end up in pvp while Rift event are on and mixed faction was around. So no AoE damage would trigger PvP flagg.

So I voted YES, as I wish to be able ot lvl up/craft/gather/explore/enjoy the world. I might go PvP one day, but not very likely

• voted only while leveling.1-44 [keeps it as is] i do pve and pvp but when i want to lv my character on quests and mobs in the contested regions getting ganked by some arse biscuit just makes me not want to play don't get me wrong when im maxed out i will be looking for fights but its just a pain in the arse when im trying to reach max.